• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

He’ll Never Forsake You

Staff Member
For Israel and Judah have not been forsaken by their God, the LORD of hosts, but the land of the Chaldeans is full of guilt against the Holy One of Israel. Jeremiah 51:5 ESV

As far as Israel and Judah had strayed from the Lord—and it was about as far as humanly possible—the Lord hadn’t forsaken His people. He allowed them to face the consequences for their sin, no doubt, and it came at a great cost, including their freedom and many of their lives. But at just the right time, the Lord promised to “stir up the spirit of a destroyer against Babylon” (Jeremiah 51:1), Judah’s oppressor.

Have you ever experienced severe consequences for your sin? Did it make you feel distant from God? Did you maybe even doubt His existence? Sadly, distance and doubt are the fruit of rebellion against Him. But He never intended for you to live this way perpetually, no matter what you’ve done. Hebrews 13:5 says He will never leave you nor forsake you.

No matter how distant you might feel from God right now, He stands at the ready to embrace you. Run toward Him and eat from the fattened calf He has prepared for you. Then resolve to never leave His table again.

Prayer: Lord, I’ve felt the distance between us, and I know it’s all my fault. Forgive me, Father. Welcome me back. Let me dine with You.