• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

have you or would you get your children vaccinated

Have you/ would you get your children vaccinated

• Yes

Votes: 21 65.6%
  • No

Votes: 11 34.4%

• Total voters
Most people would assume that vaccines are safe, however, I've heard too much adverse effects and testimonies from those's who's been ill affected from the vaccines to wish any child of mine, (If the good Lord blesses me with one or more children), to be vaccinated. To those who would say I'm taken or worried by some conspiracy, please note my most important three rules regarding conspiracies.

1. Never get involved in something you know is a dumb conspiracy to get people riled up or hurt.
2. Never claim anything inconvenient a conspiracy for the sake of ignorance.
3. Never assume anything is a conspiracy until you know for sure.

So until I can confirm that vaccines work, prevent disease, and contain no unnecessary risk or tainted components, I cannot and will not vaccinate any children the Lord places in my care.

I actually have mixed thoughts on this subject, and will admit that it is because I have not done much research on this. I won't vote in the poll until I do so the results are fair and educated. On the one hand, my Grandparents (who adopted me) had me vaccinated every year to satisfy the requirements to attend public school and I was never affected in any way. (Other than the obvious sore arm the next day.) On the other hand, when I worked for a shoe store there was a parent who would always come in and pay for her daughter's shoes with some sort of government credit card type thing. (Don't remember what it was called.) She said that when her daughter was a baby she got her vaccinated and the combination of vaccines and the amounts given caused her to be paralyzed from the waist down. Fortunately, her daughter recovered but the government pays for all items used from the waist down as compensation. (Pants, shoes, underwear, etc). She hasn't gotten her child vaccinated since.

I will need to do more research but that is the only personal information I know from experience regarding this issue.

Most people would assume that vaccines are safe, however, I've heard too much adverse effects and testimonies from those's who's been ill affected from the vaccines to wish any child of mine, (If the good Lord blesses me with one or more children), to be vaccinated. To those who would say I'm taken or worried by some conspiracy, please note my most important three rules regarding conspiracies.

1. Never get involved in something you know is a dumb conspiracy to get people riled up or hurt.
2. Never claim anything inconvenient a conspiracy for the sake of ignorance.
3. Never assume anything is a conspiracy until you know for sure.

So until I can confirm that vaccines work, prevent disease, and contain no unnecessary risk or tainted components, I cannot and will not vaccinate any children the Lord places in my care.

Claims about how "vaccinations caused paralysis" do not count as scientific evidence. Stories, however entertaining, do not stand up in a court of law.

The science of vaccinations is well founded, proved, and irrefutable. Literally billions have been vaccinated, with an extremely small percentage showing any signs of adverse reactions.

Basing a parents responsibility toward the safety, and health of their children based upon old wives tales, and junk science is irresponsible in the extreme.

Polio, small pox, chicken pox, measles, once feared, are now almost eradicated because of vaccines. How many would be dead, or severly crippled if not for these life saving methods?

Make decisions based on facts, not fallacies. Then do as you will.

Claims about how "vaccinations caused paralysis" do not count as scientific evidence. Stories, however entertaining, do not stand up in a court of law.

The science of vaccinations is well founded, proved, and irrefutable. Literally billions have been vaccinated, with an extremely small percentage showing any signs of adverse reactions.

Basing a parents responsibility toward the safety, and health of their children based upon old wives tales, and junk science is irresponsible in the extreme.

Polio, small pox, chicken pox, measles, once feared, are now almost eradicated because of vaccines. How many would be dead, or severly crippled if not for these life saving methods?

Make decisions based on facts, not fallacies. Then do as you will.

How then do I confirm that vaccines are, as you say, effective and harmless? How can I confirmed the science? I can't be in the lab when they do do the research I can't oversee the vaccines as they are made. I can't watch every single person being vaccinated every day. I can't read the mind of the vaccine medical studies officals. So how do I know for sure? Unless the holy spirit tells me otherwise, if I where to follow these facts as you call them, I'd be blindly trusting the facts, and if the facts are wrong, then I"m in trouble, as well as my kids.

Further more, this court of law? What court of law are you talking about? Gods court of law in heaven, which is perfect and with the all knowing power of God, or the court of law run by man, with it's falicies, mistrials, and scandles?

Since you don't want to blindly follow the facts then maybe you should do as I am doing now: reading scientific journals and articles on the subject of vaccines and the conclusions from studies. Comparing these with the stories of those who say they contracted side effects and coming to a conclusion will help you.

How then do I confirm that vaccines are, as you say, effective and harmless? How can I confirmed the science? I can't be in the lab when they do do the research I can't oversee the vaccines as they are made. I can't watch every single person being vaccinated every day. I can't read the mind of the vaccine medical studies officals. So how do I know for sure? Unless the holy spirit tells me otherwise, if I where to follow these facts as you call them, I'd be blindly trusting the facts, and if the facts are wrong, then I"m in trouble, as well as my kids.

Further more, this court of law? What court of law are you talking about? Gods court of law in heaven, which is perfect and with the all knowing power of God, or the court of law run by man, with it's falicies, mistrials, and scandles?

How can I know there are any other countries besides my own? how can I know for sure that there are any other people on the planet besides those who live in my town?
These are the questions of the truly uninformed, and quite frankly childish.

Does the Holy Spirit tell you there are people living in Botswana? (I will for the sake of argument you have not actually been there) This borders on superstition, not reality.

We know things because if they were not true others would be voracious in their denouncement of them.

At no time did I say, nor has anyone said, that any medical procedure is 100% without risk.

Surgery of any kind carries with it risk. Some people will react badly to the simplest, and most benign procedure. Does this mean we would never consent a surgical procedure that could save our child's life because of this risk? Of course not, this would border on child abuse, and not be the act of a responsible parent.

If your child gets cancer, will you refuse medical advice, and surgery for fear of the risk involved? Why not? If unsubstantiated superstitions are good enough to refuse medical care in one aspect why not the rest?

Nothing in this world is 100% safe. Waiting for such a event is acting out of fear, and ignorance.

According to statistics most injuries in the home happen in the bathroom. Do we cease to use bathrooms? Life itself carries risk regardless of where you go, or what you do.

The anti-vaccination cultists should put their money where their mouth is, and apply their twisted "reasoning" to every aspect of their lives.

The court I referred to is of course mans court. Hearsay evidence is not evidence. So "I heard someone say something about the guy who lived across the street from their cousin who got sick from blahblahblah..." is not reliable evidence regarding my child's very life.

Are Christians to be like JW's refusing life saving blood transfusions because of misapplied scriptures, and old wives tales?

Do what you will, just don't claim to be a responsible parent when you refuse modern medical care for your children.

I am curious though...do those who will only allow a medical procedure for their children if it meets the 100% safe level allow their children to ride bicycles, walk up/down stairs, play on swings, etc? After all do any of these activities meet the 100% safe criteria....I wonder....

My kids are grown now....... all were vaccinated as children and had no ill effects. My brothers and sisters were vaccinated and had no ill effects. My generation was probably 99% vaccinated and I knew no one who suffered ill effects.

I don't know if vaccines are safe or not, I no longer have to make the decision.

I have been judged as been irresponsible for not having my lids vaccinated.
I do worry sometimes about it

They admitted putting mercury in shots! We need to ask our Father GOD what to do about lots of things we might do? They are putting bad stuff in so many things we eat or drink or take as meds ! satan trying to destory mankind all the time ! he hates all mankind ! he uses people to hurt people ! Some do it for money or power , some because they have given them selves over to him! We must hear and listen to our LO(RD JESUS!

They admitted putting mercury in shots! We need to ask our Father GOD what to do about lots of things we might do? They are putting bad stuff in so many things we eat or drink or take as meds ! satan trying to destory mankind all the time ! he hates all mankind ! he uses people to hurt people ! Some do it for money or power , some because they have given them selves over to him! We must hear and listen to our LO(RD JESUS!

Thanx spirit1st a very true post

Have none of you bothered to read the Vaccine fact sheets?

You have mercury in you right now. It's a natural part of your body.

Staff Member
I had a routine letter from the government saying the one of my daughters vaccinations are now due....(she is 12)
Including Hep B ....the leaflet describing how this will protect from sexually transmitted infection and needle stick infection
And HPV.....to protect against the papilloma virus in unprotected sex etc

Surely the education should be on preventing the risk
More education on underage sex and drug useage

Its a sad world that we live in...devoid of Jesus.
Stir us O Lord to share Your word, Your gospel, the only hope

I knew they were putting fetal tissue.in things ladies use for looks and creams ! but did not know that ! Thank You !

Many Pepsi products (and other foodstuffs have protiens in them not taken directly from babies but developed in research on their slaughtered remains by a lab for Pepsi- they are called "flavor enhancers".