• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Have You Met My Son?

Staff Member
When all the people were baptized, it came to pass that Jesus also was baptized; and while He prayed, the heaven was opened. And the Holy Spirit descended in bodily form like a dove upon Him, and a voice came from heaven which said, "You are My beloved Son; in You I am well pleased." Luke 3:21-22

John the Baptist had created quite a stir with his ministry. Like the prophet Elijah, John had rebuked sin at the highest levels of government. He was fearless and impressive, and the people believed a prophet had come after four hundred years of silence from God.

But the Bible records no miracles or signs from John. Likely, God wanted no confusion on the part of His people as John pointed to the miracle-working Messiah. The anticipation was mounting for the Promised One.

And there was no mistaking the announcement that came at Jesus' baptism: a physical expression of the Holy Spirit and the voice of the Father Himself. You'd think that would have settled the matter. It didn't. For three years, Jesus had to prove Himself over and over. Even the resurrection didn't convince everyone.

What "introductions" to Jesus has God given you? What truths from Christ have changed your life? Build on those, and thank God for reinforcing them with each new day.

Prayer: Father, thank You for introducing Your Son to Me!