• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Have every tried to start a Prayer Group to Pray only for The Salvation of Our Own Children, and nothing else?

Loyal
I have spoke many of times on different occasions, Suggesting That a group of True Children of GOD come together, cell groups and only pray for The Salvation of that cell groups children. nothing more, praying not for the sick, employment, better grades, better character, better schools, better behavior, For The Target is "Salvation" and Salvation only. Each time never, materialize. But my wife would come to me, "Sister Many", wants us to pray about this about that, always about things, bad habits, but never i say never about the "Salvation" of Their own CHILD. This should be the movement for every child of "The Child of The Living GOD" you need the "True BODY of CHRIST" with no weeds in it! "let the church be the church" and let "the Body of Christ" be the Body of Christ" If you are a "Child of GOD" you ought to Walk like one, IF you are one of "The Sons of GOD" you ought to talk like one, your voice and the things you say and how you say it. Should "Proclaim" who you really are! Describe by "The Volume of The BOOK"!

I am a "Child of GOD" and know it! and I will still be One throughout eternity. And ain't nothing anyone can do about it! Because Our Father does not lie.:pensive:
For I am "Born of GOD".

But there are many who have called HIM a Liar, by the things they say.:pensive: But when a man or women have become a "New Creature" in Christ, not meaning a new person, or a new attitude, about ones self or new out look in life, But HE or She has become a "NEW CREATURE" a [Extraterrestrial] adjective

And we are hard to understand by the people of this world, For we are "strangers" here, we don't fit. And this world do not know us! And we are Few in Numbers.

I like the way God told Jesus, to say this:
"They will put you out of the synagogues. In fact, a time is coming when anyone who kills you will think he is offering a service to God. They will do these things because they have not known the Father or Me. But I have told you these things so that when their hour comes, you will remember that I told you about them. I did not tell you these things from the beginning, because I was with you. LOL

John 8:19
"Where is Your Father?" they asked Him. "You do not know Me or My Father," Jesus answered. "If you knew Me, you would know My Father as well."
John 8:55
You do not know Him, but I know Him. If I said I did not know Him, I would be a liar like you. But I do know Him, and I keep His word.

They are really ready to "Kill Him now"! Fumes, fuming through the air: "who he think he is"? We going to kill him, we are going to show him who the boss around here is! We are going to nail his [ghetto vernacular] to the tree!:eyes: Spreading his wings, around this neck of the woods. "We are The SANHEDRIN COUNCIL"! LOL, JESUS burst their bubble.

(John 15)BSB
"Remember the word that I spoke to you: ‘No servant is greater than his master.’ If they persecuted Me, they will persecute you as well; if they kept My word, they will keep yours as well. But they will treat you like this because of My name, since they do not know the One who sent Me. If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin. Now, however, they have no excuse for their sin.…"

Matthew 24:9
Then they will deliver you over to be persecuted and killed, and you will be hated by all nations because of My name.

Mark 13:13
You will be hated by everyone because of My name, but the one who perseveres to the end will be saved.

Luke 21:12
But before all this, they will seize you and persecute you. On account of My name they will deliver you to the synagogues and prisons, and they will bring you before kings and governors.

And that is a "PROMISE"!

Loyal
Who hasn't got lost souls in their family? Not many I think.

It is a duty for every truly born again soul to pray for salvation of their family, I pray every morning for mine and believe all will be saved, even if I have to die first.

One thing I would say regarding your suggestion brother, the prayers should be for 'The whole household' not just the children.

Acts 16:31
And they said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.”

Acts 11:14
He will declare to you a message by which you will be saved, you and all your household.’

1 Cor 7:14
For the unbelieving husband is made holy because of his wife, and the unbelieving wife is made holy because of her husband.
Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.

Shalom

Active
I have spoke many of times on different occasions, Suggesting That a group of True Children of GOD come together, cell groups and only pray for The Salvation of that cell groups children. nothing more, ... ... ... For The Target is "Salvation" and Salvation only
'And his sons went and feasted in their houses, every one his day;
and sent and called for their three sisters to eat and to drink with them.
And it was so, when the days of their feasting were gone about,
that Job sent and sanctified them, and rose up early in the morning,
and offered burnt offerings according to the number of them all:
for Job said, It may be that my sons have sinned, and cursed God in their hearts.
Thus did Job continually.'
(Job 1:4-5)

Hello @PloughBoy,

Your desire to create prayer groups dedicated to praying for the children of those who attend it, makes me think of Job, who ' ... rose up early in the morning, and offered burnt offerings for each of his children ...': knowing that without the shedding of blood there could be no forgiveness of sins; he sought to cover them, should they during the day, inadvertently, have sinned against God in their hearts. This did Job continually we are told, as head of his household, and Father of his children: he took this responsibility very seriously, and in the light of what happened to them, it was so good that he had done so (Job 1:13-22).

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Active
I have spoke many of times on different occasions, Suggesting That a group of True Children of GOD come together, cell groups and only pray for The Salvation of that cell groups children. nothing more, praying not for the sick, employment, better grades, better character, better schools, better behavior, For The Target is "Salvation" and Salvation only. Each time never, materialize. But my wife would come to me, "Sister Many", wants us to pray about this about that, always about things, bad habits, but never i say never about the "Salvation" of Their own CHILD. This should be the movement for every child of "The Child of The Living GOD" you need the "True BODY of CHRIST" with no weeds in it! "let the church be the church" and let "the Body of Christ" be the Body of Christ" If you are a "Child of GOD" you ought to Walk like one, IF you are one of "The Sons of GOD" you ought to talk like one, your voice and the things you say and how you say it. Should "Proclaim" who you really are! Describe by "The Volume of The BOOK"!

I am a "Child of GOD" and know it! and I will still be One throughout eternity. And ain't nothing anyone can do about it! Because Our Father does not lie.
For I am "Born of GOD".

But there are many who have called HIM a Liar, by the things they say. But when a man or women have become a "New Creature" in Christ, not meaning a new person, or a new attitude, about ones self or new out look in life, But HE or She has become a "NEW CREATURE" a [Extraterrestrial] adjective

And we are hard to understand by the people of this world, For we are "strangers" here, we don't fit. And this world do not know us! And we are Few in Numbers.

"They will put you out of the synagogues. In fact, a time is coming when anyone who kills you will think he is offering a service to God. They will do these things because they have not known the Father or Me. But I have told you these things so that when their hour comes, you will remember that I told you about them. I did not tell you these things from the beginning, because I was with you. LOL

"Where is Your Father?" they asked Him. "You do not know Me or My Father," Jesus answered. "If you knew Me, you would know My Father as well."
You do not know Him, but I know Him. If I said I did not know Him, I would be a liar like you. But I do know Him, and I keep His word.

They are really ready to "Kill Him now"! Fumes, fuming through the air: "who he think he is"? We going to kill him, we are going to show him who the boss around here is! We are going to nail his [ghetto vernacular] to the tree! Spreading his wings, around this neck of the woods. "We are The SANHEDRIN COUNCIL"! LOL, JESUS burst their bubble.

(John 15)BSB
"Remember the word that I spoke to you: ‘No servant is greater than his master.’ If they persecuted Me, they will persecute you as well; if they kept My word, they will keep yours as well. But they will treat you like this because of My name, since they do not know the One who sent Me. If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin. Now, however, they have no excuse for their sin.…"

Then they will deliver you over to be persecuted and killed, and you will be hated by all nations because of My name.

You will be hated by everyone because of My name, but the one who perseveres to the end will be saved.

But before all this, they will seize you and persecute you. On account of My name they will deliver you to the synagogues and prisons, and they will bring you before kings and governors.

And that is a "PROMISE"!
Hello @PloughBoy,

Yes, we should be more concerned about praying about the salvation of our children, rather than their behaviour, or even their health, for the salvation of their souls will secure them for eternity, whereas their 'behaviour', or their 'health', though of importance to them for the span of this present life, will not bring them eternal security.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Active
Salvation and Salvation only. - This should be the movement for every child of "The Child of The Living GOD" you need the "True BODY of CHRIST" with no weeds in it! "let the church be the church" and let "the Body of Christ" be the Body of Christ" If you are a "Child of GOD" you ought to Walk like one, IF you are one of "The Sons of GOD" you ought to talk like one, your voice and the things you say and how you say it. Should "Proclaim" who you really are! Describe by "The Volume of The BOOK"!

I am a "Child of GOD" and know it! and I will still be One throughout eternity. And ain't nothing anyone can do about it! Because Our Father does not lie.
For I am "Born of GOD".

But there are many who have called HIM a Liar, by the things they say.But when a man or women have become a "New Creature" in Christ, not meaning a new person, or a new attitude, about ones self or new out look in life, But HE or She has become a "NEW CREATURE" a [Extraterrestrial] adjective

They are really ready to "Kill Him now"! Fumes, fuming through the air: "who he think he is"? We going to kill him, we are going to show him who the boss around here is! We are going to nail his [ghetto vernacular] to the tree!:eyes: Spreading his wings, around this neck of the woods. "We are The SANHEDRIN COUNCIL"! LOL, JESUS burst their bubble.

(John 15)BSB

And that is a "PROMISE"!
Hello again, @PloughBoy,

Yes, the work of God is a new creation and not reformation.

The verses you have quoted, which were spoken to the Lord's disciples, concerning the way that the world would view them, and treat them as a consequence of them having faith in Him, came to fruition in their ministry, following His death, resurrection and ascension to God's right hand. They all knew persecution and imprisonment, and many lost their lives as a consequence of being His Apostles.

Yet, for us who follow after, we should be careful to ensure that whatever persecution we may endure, it is indeed for the sake of Christ, and not the result of our own un-christ-like behaviour. It says in 1 Peter 2:15-20:-

'For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men:
As free, and not using your liberty for a cloak of maliciousness, but as the servants of God.
Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.
Servants, be subject to your masters with all fear; not only to the good and gentle, but also to the froward.
For this is thankworthy, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully.
For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently?
but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.
For even hereunto were ye called:
because Christ also suffered for us,
leaving us an example, that ye should follow His steps:
Who did no sin, neither was guile found in His mouth:
Who, when He was reviled, reviled not again;
when He suffered, He threatened not;
but committed Himself to Him that judgeth righteously:
Who His own self bare our sins in His own body on the tree,
that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness:
by whose stripes ye were healed.'

With love in Christ Jesus
Chris

Active

I am a "Child of GOD" and know it! and I will still be One throughout eternity. And ain't nothing anyone can do about it! Because Our Father does not lie.:pensive:
For I am "Born of GOD".

But there are many who have called HIM a Liar, by the things they say.:pensive: But when a man or women have become a "New Creature" in Christ, not meaning a new person, or a new attitude, about ones self or new out look in life, But HE or She has become a "NEW CREATURE" a [Extraterrestrial] adjective

(John 15)BSB

And that is a "PROMISE"!
Bro, I pray that prayer all the time: that my children, my grandchildren, my nieces and nephews, children of my fellowship brethren, etc., that they repent and believe, turn from the darkside and come into the light of JESUS CHRIST and be saved. Never stop praying for them. My mom prayed every day for me and it took me a while to get the message. So never ever stop praying for your kids.