• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Has anyone struggled with Depression?

Loyal
Yes sister.

I have Big time, even as a saved soul I got incredibly close to lights out.

Are you asking to encourage those struggling, or are you asking for yourself.

Shalom

Staff Member
Greetings @Encourage@2019!

I waited patiently for the Lord; and He inclined unto me, and heard my cry.
He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.
And He hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord.

Psalm 40:1-3

Loyal
Or course, many of God's true servants has went through such events, Like Many I say many of God's prophets of the Bible, wishing that God would take their life. Elijah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Jonah, ...etc. The Psalms are filled with those suffering from great depression, that is why God has them listed and recorded for our benefits there. Most likely you will find yourself and your own words listed there as well as you plough within its pages. Many of the Great Reformers are testimony's to such events and are recorded in their "biographies". Luther, John Hus, John Knox, and many women as well.

(2 corinthian 4).
7But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the exceeding greatness of the power may be of God, and not from ourselves; 8we are pressed on every side, yet not straitened; perplexed, yet not unto despair; 9pursued, yet not forsaken; smitten down, yet not destroyed; 10always bearing about in the body the dying of Jesus, that the life also of Jesus may be manifested in our body. 11For we who live are always delivered unto death for Jesus'sake, that the life also of Jesus may be manifested in our mortal flesh. 12So then death worketh in us, but life in you.

13But having the same spirit of faith, according to that which is written, I believed, and therefore did I speak; we also believe, and therefore also we speak; 14knowing that he that raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also with Jesus, and shall present us with you. 15For all things are for your sakes, that the grace, being multiplied through the many, may cause the thanksgiving to abound unto the glory of God.

16Wherefore we faint not; but though our outward man is decaying, yet our inward man is renewed day by day. 17For our light affliction, which is for the moment, worketh for us more and more exceedingly an eternal weight of glory; 18while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Loyal
Asking for myself I'm struggling with Depression a lot

Greeting sister

The most important thing any born again Christian can do is to keep our eyes on Jesus...

Hebrews 12:1-3
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles.
And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith.

For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

Jesus never said life would be easy, but He did say He will always be there for us.

Matthew 11:28-30 (NKJV)
Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.

Jesus will never leave those who are His, He will be with you, no matter what you go through, He will walk with you, He will carry you when you need carrying, all we got to do is 'Trust Him'

Deuteronomy 31:8 (NKJV)
the LORD, He is the one who goes before you. He will be with you, He will not leave you nor forsake you; do not fear nor be dismayed.

Proverbs 3:5-6 (NKJV)
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.

If we trust in Him He will never leave us, it is only when we take our eyes of Jesus, our struggles and fears weight us down, that we allow them to drag us down.

1 John 4:4 (NKJV)
You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.

1 John 4:4 (NIV2011)
You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.

The most important things you can do sister is Trust in the Lord, pray and have other born again believers pray for you and with you, in Jesus Name. Amen.

Thank you for sharing your situation with us, it cannot have been easy, never carry your loads alone

Jesus Love You, we do too.

Greeting sister

The most important thing any born again Christian can do is to keep our eyes on Jesus...

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles.
And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith.

For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

Jesus never said life would be easy, but He did say He will always be there for us.

Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

Jesus will never leave those who are His, He will be with you, no matter what you go through, He will walk with you, He will carry you when you need carrying, all we got to do is 'Trust Him'

the LORD, He is the one who goes before you. He will be with you, He will not leave you nor forsake you; do not fear nor be dismayed.

If we trust in Him He will never leave us, it is only when we take our eyes of Jesus, our struggles and fears weight us down, that we allow them to drag us down.

You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.

You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.

The most important things you can do sister is Trust in the Lord, pray and have other born again believers pray for you and with you, in Jesus Name. Amen.

Thank you for sharing your situation with us, it cannot have been easy, never carry your loads alone

Thank you so much I appreciate it this!

Greeting sister

Thank you so much!

Or course, many of God's true servants has went through such events, Like Many I say many of God's prophets of the Bible, wishing that God would take their life. Elijah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Jonah, ...etc. The Psalms are filled with those suffering from great depression, that is why God has them listed and recorded for our benefits there. Most likely you will find yourself and your own words listed there as well as you plough within its pages. Many of the Great Reformers are testimony's to such events and are recorded in their "biographies". Luther, John Hus, John Knox, and many women as well.

(2 corinthian 4).
7But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the exceeding greatness of the power may be of God, and not from ourselves; 8we are pressed on every side, yet not straitened; perplexed, yet not unto despair; 9pursued, yet not forsaken; smitten down, yet not destroyed; 10always bearing about in the body the dying of Jesus, that the life also of Jesus may be manifested in our body. 11For we who live are always delivered unto death for Jesus'sake, that the life also of Jesus may be manifested in our mortal flesh. 12So then death worketh in us, but life in you.

13But having the same spirit of faith, according to that which is written, I believed, and therefore did I speak; we also believe, and therefore also we speak; 14knowing that he that raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also with Jesus, and shall present us with you. 15For all things are for your sakes, that the grace, being multiplied through the many, may cause the thanksgiving to abound unto the glory of God.

16Wherefore we faint not; but though our outward man is decaying, yet our inward man is renewed day by day. 17For our light affliction, which is for the moment, worketh for us more and more exceedingly an eternal weight of glory; 18while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.
Thank you so much

Active
Has anyone experienced depression?
I did. And it was quite strong with me. I didn't and I couldn't find any purpose in anything. It was feeling so until God delivered me. I didn't actually asked Him to deliver me from the depression, I just accepted His love and sacrifice in my life. My condition and my weakness actually made me to trust and to ask for more help from Him.
Today I still have times in which I feel down and have moments of depression, but each time when I experience God's love and He touches my heart I feel relieved and I find new strength and encouragement to carry on with a hope. Every time this happens I feel renewed again. Somehow God doesn't leave me to stay in one place and sink into my problems, depression or whatever else. We all have to renew constantly our faith by having experiences with Him.
Just trust in Him with all your heart and desire His help. He is faithful.

I did. And it was quite strong with me. I didn't and I couldn't find any purpose in anything. It was feeling so until God delivered me. I didn't actually asked Him to deliver me from the depression, I just accepted His love and sacrifice in my life. My condition and my weakness actually made me to trust and to ask for more help from Him.
Today I still have times in which I feel down and have moments of depression, but each time when I experience God's love and He touches my heart I feel relieved and I find new strength and encouragement to carry on with a hope. Every time this happens I feel renewed again. Somehow God doesn't leave me to stay in one place and sink into my problems, depression or whatever else. We all have to renew constantly our faith by having experiences with Him.
Just trust in Him with all your heart and desire His help. He is faithful.
Thank you so much

Loyal
Greeting sister, I would like to share the following with you, when depressed we need to see things in perspective, so often the things we are to cope with drag us down and cloud our thinking.

It is my prayer you will be blessed

Jesus loves you we do too.

Perspective:

It’s a mess out there now. Hard to discern between what’s a real threat and what is just simple panic and hysteria.

For a small amount of perspective at this moment, imagine you were born in 1900.

On your 14th birthday, World War I starts, and ends on your 18th birthday. 22 million people perish in that war. Later in the year, a Spanish Flu epidemic hits the planet and runs until your 20th birthday. 50 million people die from it in those two years. Yes, 50 million.

On your 29th birthday, the Great Depression begins. Unemployment hits 25%, the World GDP drops 27%. That runs until you are 38. The country nearly collapses along with the world economy.
When you turn 39, World War II starts. You aren’t even over the hill yet. And don’t try to catch your breath.

On your 41st birthday, the United States is fully pulled into WWII. Between your 39th and 45th birthday, 75 million people perish in the war.

At 50, the Korean War starts. 5 million perish.

At 55 the Vietnam War begins and doesn’t end for 20 years. 4 million people perish in that conflict.

On your 62nd birthday you have the Cuban Missile Crisis, a tipping point in the Cold War. Life on our planet, as we know it, could have ended. Great leaders prevented that from happening.

When you turn 75, the Vietnam War finally ends.

Think of everyone on the planet born in 1900. How do you survive all of that?

When you were a kid and didn’t think your 85 year old grandparent understood how hard school was. And how mean that kid in your class was. Yet they survived through everything listed above.

Perspective is an amazing art. Refined as time goes on, and enlightening like you wouldn’t believe. Let’s try and keep things in perspective. Let’s be smart, help each other out, and we will get through all of this.

(Unknown author - feel free to share)

Loyal
The reason for sharing the above is, so often the issues in life weigh us down, they are constantly on our mind, we struggle to cope, we become depressed, the short message above gives us a picture of what many lived through between 1900 and 1975.

It is when we look at things like this, we see our situation in a different light, we have not had to go to war, we have not lived through the bombing, we have not had to shoot to kill another because if we don't they will shoot to kill us. We have not had to live through the great depression, money was tight, times were hard, dry bread with jam was something eaten without question because it was that or nothing.

Unemployment levels were high and benefit were small, unlike today.

What ever our problems today, they are nothing like what others have experienced, what ever our problems today we are really so lucky, what ever happens to us today, there is someone worse off. When I was 17 I was the youngest apprentice in the company, it was my job to crawl hands and knees into a concrete tunnel, the bricks either side touched by hips, I was on my hands and knees as there was no height to the tunnel. It was my job to crawl in, cut out the disintegrated fire bricks and replace them, one by one. The tunnel was an incinerator for burning unused dough. Whilst in the tunnel I felt something was not right so tried to crawl backwards to get out, only it didn't happen, all the fire bricks and concrete above came in on me, I was later told all that was showing was my boots, my whole body was buried. It took six big blokes to lift the concrete off to get to me, I was unconscious. I remember coming round and the ambulance siren was blasting away and the ambulance rolled first one way then another as it weaved through the traffic. I passed out again.

The next I remember was being in an hospital bed, I had been out of it for a full day but, when I came round, I remember seeing a guy in the next bed, he had plaster on arms and leg, his limbs were raised on pullies to keep them in a certain position and keep blood flowing. It was at that point I realised, no matter what we suffer in life there is always someone worse off, if there isn't we don't know because we are out of it, we have passed out. It was a very important lesson in life.

I do hope you recieved some encouragement from the above message.

Jesus loves you I do too.

Bless you.

Active
Hello simon
i suffered depression from teenage to in my twentys .it was a very dark time for me but Praise be to God i recieved prayer and was set completely free as it was set deep within me and i couldnt break its grip on my mind and this effected my whole soul.i Walked in a little church and just fell apart and the pastor a faithfull man of God laid hands on me and prayed and i was never the same again all Glory be to God . read isaiah 61 verse 3 Beauty for ashes
Oil of joy for mourning
The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness .
read full verse x
you may just be emotionally down which is depressing but real 24 /7 lost the will to live no hope of nothing no comfort no joy no Love is a very dark place to be and God can and will lift who soever calls on him by faith and lift them up into his light where darkness has to leave x God bless you and praying for you x