• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Has Anyone Seen The Movie Amazing Grace?

I can't wait to see this film!

Tagline: Behind the song you love is a story you will never forget.

Plot Outline: The idealist William Wilberforce maneuvers his way through Parliament in 18th century England, endeavoring to end slavery in the empire.

Staff Member
Not heard of it but if it is anything like the beautiful song amazing grace it should be very good.

Hope to get feedback on it when you have seen it.

God bless :love: :rainbow: :rose:

Wow, 8.1/10 is an excellent rating! I have no idea when this movie made the rounds,so when it will be available on DVD? Does anyone know when it was in theaters?

Staff Member
I have just had an email for anybody in England we can go and watch it soon.

Dear Friends,

Premier is pleased to announce the forthcoming release of Amazing Grace. A new film based on the life of antislavery pioneer William Wilberforce. The film's release also coincides with the 200th anniversary of the abolition of the slave trade.

Coming soon: “ Amazing Grace ” In Cinemas Nationwide March 23rd

Amazing Grace stars Ioan Gruffudd (Black Hawk Down), Albert Finney (Erin Brockovich), Michael Gambon (Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban), Rufus Sewell (Legend of Zorro), and introduces Youssou N'Dour.

Gruffudd plays Wilberforce, who, as a Member of Parliament, navigated the world of 18th Century backroom politics to end the slave trade in the British Empire. In 1785 Wilberforce underwent a spiritual encounter which he described as a conversion experience. He resolved to commit his future life and work wholly in the service of God, and one of the people he received advice from was John Newton, a leading evangelical Anglican clergyman played in the film by Albert Finney.

Youssou N'Dour plays Olaudah Equiano. Born in Africa and sent as a slave to the Colonies, Equiano bought his freedom and made his home in London, where he wrote a best-selling account of his life and became a leading figure in the fight to end the slavery of his fellow countrymen.

Over the next few weeks we’ll be telling you more about the film and how you can use it as a tool for outreach. You’ll also be able to find out more about Amazing Grace Sunday on March 25th, when you can join churches around the globe in singing Amazing Grace and pray for an end to slavery once and for all.

For more information about the film, or to see a preview, click the buttons below.

You can also make church or group bookings by calling the following freephone number 0800 6122136.

God bless you all :love: :rainbow: :rose:

So excited! Can't wait to see it! We should all go with a group of friends...even non-believers. It can be a great way to minister to people! :)

Blessing to all!

monkeys

We tend to go as a group (Christain women) to see it, as said above released here 23 Mar.

I was watching a film called 'Judas' only half heartedly mind you, but at the very end it said after crucifying our Jesus that that name will never be heard again.

I took great joy in wallowing in the fact that over 2000years on we do Hallelujah.

How much we owe to Jesus but also to all the disciples who spread His name abroad.

I saw the movie, finally. :) It was excellent, however it wasn't exactly what I expect. My cousin, who is Buddhist, came along as well, and he enjoyed it as well. I was really happy about that.