• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Guilty feelings

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Hi everyone. I don't know why I'm sick to my stomach typing this. Suddenly, I feel woosey and faint. But, I'm going to post this and hope that someone can pray for me. Ever since I can remember (I'm 50 years old now)... even though I am saved and filled with the Holy Ghost, all my life up until now I have this nagging guilty feeling inside. It gets so bad sometimes that it feels like a 1,000 pound heavy black wet cloak is pressing on my soul inside. I don't know what I did that would warrant this "much" guilt for something that I don't even know what I did???? Reflecting back through my life, I have confessed and repented of my sins as much as I am aware. There are times of relief when I don't feel it.. but pretty much always do, and this week it has been real bad. It has even affected the way I look on the outside. People always ask me "are you going to cry"? because my face has become distorted and I've seen it in pictures people take of me, and I think wow, I wasn't feeling that sad when the pic was taken. And I'm always saying "I'm sorry". I don't know if that is connected or not but Just thought I'd put that in case it is. Thanks in advance. God bless you.

Sister, good to see you again.

Let me start off by saying that if you are truly sincere, if you are truthful, if you asked God to forgive you and you repented (changed your ways), the guilt is their because of the evil one.
Ephesians 6:10-18
10Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. 12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.
1 John 5:18
We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the one who was born of God keeps him safe, and the evil one cannot harm him.
Please read Isiah 6 sometime.

Isaiah 6:6-7
6 Then one of the seraphs flew to me with a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with tongs from the altar. 7 With it he touched my mouth and said, "See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for
Hebrews 10:22
let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water.
I don't believe the nasty devil has power over you,
Luke 10:19-20
19I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you. 20However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names arewritten in heaven."
1 John 4:1-6
1Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, 3but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

4You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. 5They are from the world and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world, and the world listens to them. 6We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit of truth and the spirit of falsehood.
Pray to God and ask Him to help you and take away that guilt completely. Have faith like a mustard seed, the smallest faith goes a long way.

God bless
Much love
teraside

Staff Member
Father I pray that You will show our dear sister if there is anything else she needs to confess to You. I pray that she will be released from these guilty feelings as You do not give these to us. You came to give us life and life abundantly and I thank you that this applies to all of us. Take away all heaviness and replace it with light. You turned our mourning into dancing so I pray that she will be able to be released into the joy and peace that You give us in Jesus' name amen.

Nehemiah 8.10 The Joy of the Lord is our strength.

John 10.10 The thief comes to steal, kill and destroy but I have come that they may have life and life abundantly.

John.8.32

You will know the truth and the truth will set you free.

God bless you dear sister :love: :rainbow: :rose:

hello everyone

Hello,

I gotta say I do live the exact same thing the sister did a few years ago and it's so painful.
I don't understand where does that guilt come from...

Roman 8:1 says "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit."

But I do feel guilty and I do not have that peace in my heart that I so long for; does that mean I'm not in Christ? What does that mean to be in Christ?

Because I guess that's the bottom of the problem, how to be sure to actually be in Jesus-Christ? If I had that certitude in my heart I think there wouldn't be any problem; I could easily rest on Roman 8:1 to get rid of this guilt I'm feeling for so long.

Everybody talks about the Joy of the Lord, the Peace of the Lord, His Love; I gotta say each time I hear that, I feel so guilty cause I cannot say I'm actually living that and I ask God to forgive me to be so ungrateful.

I feel so awful because I actually don't know what to ask the Lord about that situation. I prayed and asked Him to deliver me from that guilt but I still feel the same and I feel like an awful guy cause this keeps from going ahead and entering the plans God has for my life. A lack of faith ?

Every time I pray I have this weight that keeps me from enjoying these times I can spend with the Lord and I feel just so tired about that situation.

Please pray for me and give me some advice if someone has already been through this struggling.

May God bless you.
damien

satan tries to attack me with guilt daily as well. when he does i say i'm washed in the blood of Jesus Christ and i thank him for my salvation. i pray that the Lord fill you with peace and joy.

are u sure it is guilt and not worry. in anycase God does not give us the spirit of fear. Also he has forgiven your sins so you need to forgive yourself. Sometimes we don't forgive ourselves. I know for me it is hard because I am an adult child of alcoholic. I use to blame myself for my fathers unhappiness. I always thought everything was my fault and that carried into adulthood. I now know that it has nothing to do with me. I am learning what it my doing and what is not my doing. If I do something I shouldn't I ask God to forgive me and help me not to do it anymore. This life for me is about constant prayer to GOd. We will never be perfect and he knows that but loves us unconditional. Give yourself a break and forgive yourself. Dont waste any time on feeling guilty. Pray for others and help those who need it. You are worthy of someone loving you

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Chad Sermons & Podcasts 0
Dave M Christian Counseling 2
N Bible Discussions 0