• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Greater Works (Part two)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
Greater Works (Part two)

God performed great miracles through his son Jesus Christ. Jesus never claimed to do anything on his own, in fact he said the complete opposite.

John 5:30 I CAN OF MINE OWN SELF DO NOTHING: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

Jesus fully understood that every thing he did was the “WORK” of his Father living on the inside of him.

John 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but THE FATHER THAT DWELLETH IN ME, HE DOETH THE WORKS.

Not only was it the Fathers work to work through his son, but also every Word that came out of the mouth of Jesus was his Father speaking through him!!

How can the Church today begin to see the “GREATER WORKS” that Jesus spoke about?
That answer is only found in how Jesus walked with his Father as we are to walk in those same steps as he did. (1 John 2:6)

John 5:19 So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of his own accord, but ONLY WHAT HE SEES THE FATHER DOING. For whatever the Father does, that the Son does likewise.
John 5:20 For THE FATHER LOVES THE SON AND SHOWS HIM ALL THAT HE HIMSELF IS DOING. And greater works than these will he show him, so that you may marvel. (ESV)
John 5:21 For as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, so also the Son gives life to whom he will.

Jesus always knew what his Father was going to do because his Father showed him!!!! God the Father showed his Son Jesus what he was going to do before he did it!!!! Jesus did NOT copy what he saw his father doing, what he saw was his Father working through him!!!!!

If we are going to see the greater works performed in this world as Jesus said, then we must see them first in the spirit where God works!! There are no surprises to those who walk in the Spirit. Every born again child of God has a work that God wants to perform through them, but they must see them first in the spirit, because that is where God shows it to them, if they are watching with their spiritual eyes.

1Co 2:9 It is written, "NO EYE HAS SEEN, NO EAR HAS HEARD, NO MIND HAS KNOWN WHAT GOD HAS PREPARED for those who love him."
1Co 2:10 But GOD HAS SHOWN IT TO US THROUGH HIS SPIRIT. The Spirit understands all things. He understands even the deep things of God.

Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, CREATED IN CHRIST JESUS FOR GOOD WORKS, WHICH GOD PREPARED BEFOREHAND, THAT WE SHOULD WALK IN THEM.

How can anyone walk in a work that God has prepared for them if they can not see that work ahead of time? If we the Church want to see the greater works done on planet earth, then we must see those greater works first in which God shows us before he performs them!!
:smile:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Curtis Devotionals 0
Christ4Ever Devotionals 1
Chad Bible Discussions 2