• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Greater Works (Part one)

Loyal
Greater Works (Part one)

I hear Christains all the time asking....”Why are we not “SEEING” the “GREATER” works that Jesus said we would do?” Jesus said......

John 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and GREATER WORKS than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

The “GREATEST WORK” of all is what God himself does within the hearts of men, and women that are beyond the “vision” of the human eye. The greatest miracle of all, is the “new birth”, when God raises a man/women from death to life, from darkness to light, delivering that person from the powers of darkness, and translating them into the Kingdom of his dear Son!

Th word “GREATER” does not mean “BETTER”. No one is going to do better works then what Jesus did!! The word “GREATER” means “MORE OF”. Jesus was limited in his earthly body to do one miracle at a time, because there was only one Jesus. Jesus said......

John 14:18 “I will not leave you as orphans; I WILL COME TO YOU.
John 14:19 Yet a little while and THE WORLD WILL SEE ME NO MORE, BUT YOU WILL SEE ME. Because I live, you also will live.
John 14:20 In that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you.

The Apostles understood that Jesus was going away, and they would not see him, but what they did not understand was that Jesus would come back, but this time the world would NOT see him, but they would!!!

Jesus did come back after his resurrection, and he right now, right this second, is living inside his body which is his Church!! We have these crazy ideas that the Lord Jesus lives out in outer space somewhere, or where ever Heaven is!!! Jesus told us that the Kingdom of God will not come with observation, because the Kingdom of God is inside us where Jesus sits enthroned in all of his Glory!!!! (Luke 17:20-21)

We have this “treasure” in earthen vessels so that the excellently of the power may be of God, and NOT from our self's!!! That power is the “light”, which also known as the Glory of God, who happens to be Jesus Christ himself!!

The Bible says to “test” yourself is see whether or not we are really living by faith.

2Co 13:5 Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith. TEST YOURSELVES. Or do you not realize this about yourselves, that JESUS CHRIST IS IN YOU?—unless indeed you fail to meet the test! (ESV)

The greater works is what Jesus himself would continually still do, not just limited to one body, but through many bodies, which is also called one body made up of many members!! We are the body of Christ, and Jesus continues his work through his Church!!! This is why Jesus said.....

John 14:12 “Truly, truly, I say to you, WHOEVER BELIEVES IN ME WILL ALSO DO THE WORKS THAT I DO; AND GREATER WORKS THAN THESE WILL HE DO, because I am going to the Father.
John 14:13 WHATEVER YOU ASK IN MY NAME, THIS I WILL DO, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
John 14:14 IF YOU ASK ME ANYTHING IN MY NAME, I WILL DO IT.

Jesus is still doing the greater works through his body the Church!!
1f642.png
:)