• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Great Day Brothers and Sisters In Christ……….

Great Day Brothers and Sisters In Christ……….
{True Story}

I need to bring a message to you all today that I believe that Holly Spirit has given to me to pass on to all my Brothers and Sisters…

If you’ll bear with me because this is a little long but I think it’s worth your attention.

Just this morning as I woke from a restful sleep the Holly Spirit gave me this message….

GOD needs our help…….

How, you ask? Before answering that I need to give you some history on myself.

My name is Richard Causey and I live in New Jersey. Growing up I never went to Church. My parents never even mentioned it. Not because they didn’t believe but because that’s the way they were brought up.

I’ve wasted half of my life waiting for the true understanding of my call to Christ. I was never a Christian, I didn’t even know what a Christian was. That is until my wife, now of 25 years came into my life. It was Bobbie, my wife, that Gently, pull me into the body of Christ. First through asking me if I wanted to play softball for her Church.

That’s how it started. First the softball and then the Church rules. If you wanted to play for Blue Anchor Church you had to attend Church twice a month. It was to hard to keep track of which two weeks so I started going every Sunday.

After attending this Church for about 2 years one Sunday as I was sitting in the pew thinking to myself. Life was good to me. I had a wife that I know GOD sent to me and two beautiful girls. I had a good job and was able to provide for my family so that we could live in comfort. What else could I ask for. I had it ALL.

Then our preacher, Don Ott, who was into preaching salvation said, “Suppose you have a good job, a loving family, small children, and a wife who is saved. What if you were involved in a car accident and because of your injuries you were going to die, here’s the catch, and your whole family was with you and you knew everyone else was dead. What if you weren’t saved? Would you go to Heaven? Would you be there with them to live forever?” Well he caught my attention.

Then what he said next, “NO you will not go to Heaven and you’ll never see you family again. You’ll never know their love or the love of GOD ever again. You will however live forever in pain and agony and then you’ll wish you had listened to me today. But it will be too late. No matter what you say, no matter what you do you’ll be there for eternity.”

With the Left Behind books out, which I’ve read all 8, how could one not BELIEVE?

Whoa, was I wrong. How could I be so wrong and not know? What was I thinking? Could my giving, my good works, and my helping feed the hungry all count for nothing?

Then Don said,” It say in the Bible: (Mark 16:16 NIV) Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. “ Then he quoted, “John 3:3-7 3 In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again." 4 "How can a man be born when he is old?" Nicodemus asked. "Surely he cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb to be born!" 5 Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. 7 You should not be surprised at my saying, 'You must be born again.' “ Then Don said “Let us pray.” and we all know to bow our heads and close our eyes. “With all heads bowed and eyes closed, if there is anyone who wants to except Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior raise your hand.

I didn’t have to think, I didn’t have to wait, I raised my hand.

Don said, “I see you, GOD Bless You.” After Church Don and I got together and talked for hours. I WAS SAVED>>> PTL…….

This brings me to the Message.

It comes from John 12:42-43 42 Yet at the same time many even among the leaders believed in him. But because of the Pharisees they would not confess their faith for fear they would be put out of the synagogue; 43 for they loved praise from men more than praise from God.

I read this story…..

The Lonely Ember
--------------------------
A member of a certain church, who previously had been attending services regularly, stopped going.

After a few weeks, the pastor decided to visit him. It was a chilly evening. The pastor found the man at home alone, sitting before a blazing fire.

Guessing the reason for his pastor's visit, the man welcomed him, led him to a big chair near the fireplace and waited. The pastor made himself comfortable but said nothing. In the grave silence, he contemplated the play of the flames around the burning logs.

After some minutes, the pastor took the fire tongs, carefully picked up a brightly burning ember and placed it to one side of the hearth all alone. Then he sat back in his chair, still silent. The host watched all this in quiet fascination.

As the one lone ember's flame diminished, there was a momentary glow and then its fire was no more. Soon it was cold and "dead as a doornail."

Not a word had been spoken since the initial greeting.

Just before the pastor was ready to leave, he picked up the cold, dead ember and placed it back in the middle of the fire. Immediately it began to glow once more with the light and warmth of the burning coals around it.

As the pastor reached the door to leave, his host said, "Thank you so much for your visit and especially for the fiery sermon. I shall be back in church next Sunday."

Author Unknown

A Great story….

This was me until the Left Behind books and New Hope Village chatroom…..

I found in there a warm, caring group of Christians. I listened for awhile and finally joined in with their conversation and they excepted me as if I were a long lost friend, which I was. I’ve been finding myself in there more and more. And then back to this morning.

Thank You Lord for these people.

Christians…….. We need to be more like the flame in the fireplace. I see all the people who are not saved are like the ember. A lot of them believe but they really don’t want to give themselves over to GOD. That’s where we come into play. We have to bring them closer to the flame of Christ. We need to invite and tell everyone about our Churches. We need to get everyone INVOLVED. People need to see that we are everyday people just like them, except we have JESUS in our hearts and minds. We have to let them know it’s OK to cry, OK to have their emotions out in the open. It’s a part of us and part of turning our all over to GOD. It’s time to stand up for what you believe in and preach it.

In His Name and Amazing Grace,
Copyright © 2007 Richard Causey

Nice story, but it misrepresents the ekklesia. The body of Christ is a spiritual union while carnal religion is a physical union. If a person must be a participant in religious liturgy ne in contact with other christians in order to be "on fire" or "filled with the Spirit" then these things are now mediators between us and God. The scriptures speak pretty clearly concerning this, there is only one mediator between God and man and that is Christ and Christ has already given an open invitation to all mankind.:wink:

Nice story, but it misrepresents the ekklesia. The body of Christ is a spiritual union while carnal religion is a physical union. If a person must be a participant in religious liturgy ne in contact with other christians in order to be "on fire" or "filled with the Spirit" then these things are now mediators between us and God. The scriptures speak pretty clearly concerning this, there is only one mediator between God and man and that is Christ and Christ has already given an open invitation to all mankind.:wink:
If that's the only truth then where does the Holy Trinity come into play?

Learn about God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit?

The same way they did in the book of acts @ the ekklesia's inception. Evangelizing and preaching the gospel in our communities and abroad.:wink:

There is a huge difference between learning and knowing about God and actually knowing God. One is information and the other is intimacy, one impersonal and the other is personal, one is fantasy or theory and the other is experietial and reality.

Now back to your story in the OP, to say that it is impossible for someone to maintain their relationship with God without the help of other christians, makes them a mediator between you and God. I simply do not agree with this and repeat that it misrepresents the essence of God's will.

Last edited:
I heard this story before and I think it is wonderful. I thank God for churches because I have seen people come in and heard the "Word of God" and gave their heart to the Lord.

Yes we can do this on one to one, but also as a whole we can also preach the "Word of God". We need to encourage one another just like that story did for that person.

Blessings, Trish

The same way it did in the book of acts @ the ekklesia's inception. Evangelizing and preaching the gospel in our communities and abroad.:wink:

There is a huge difference between learning and knowing about God and actually knowing God. One is information and the other is intimacy, one impersonal and the other is personal, one is fantasy or theory and the other is experietial and reality.

Now back to your story in the OP, to say that it is impossible for someone to maintain their relationship with God without the help of other christians, makes them a mediator between you and God. I simply do not agree with this and repeat that it misrepresents the essence of God's will.
I'm sorry but we're just going to have to agree to disagree. Why do you think Jesus sent HIS people out in pairs of two? At times we doubt ourselves and that is when we need another Christian to hold us up. Just like a battery losing its charge. Other Christians can recharge us.

I heard this story before and I think it is wonderful. I thank God for churches because I have seen people come in and heard the "Word of God" and gave their heart to the Lord.

Yes we can do this on one to one, but also as a whole we can also preach the "Word of God". We need to encourage one another just like that story did for that person.

Blessings, Trish
The brick, siding or whatever the building is made out of doesn't make the Church, the people do.

True, just like my house, even though my body is the temple of the Lord I still need shelter from the elements,(rain,snow, and etc). My house becomes a home because of my family that lives in it, not because of the building. But yet the building is serving the purpose for the needs.

Blessings, Trish

I'm sorry but we're just going to have to agree to disagree. Why do you think Jesus sent HIS people out in pairs of two? At times we doubt ourselves and that is when we need another Christian to hold us up. Just like a battery losing its charge. Other Christians can recharge us.

NP with that, we definitely disagree on this fundamental issue. I'll continue to get recharged by HolySpirit :shade:

True, just like my house, even though my body is the temple of the Lord I still need shelter from the elements,(rain,snow, and etc). My house becomes a home because of my family that lives in it, not because of the building. But yet the building is serving the purpose for the needs.

Blessings, Trish
Look for the story about wanting to be the most important in what's going on. It shows yuo that there are no little jobs and when we fail to do our part things start falling apart.

Amen.

Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their labor. For it they fall, one will lift up his companion. But woe to him who is alone when he falls, for he has no one to help him up. Again, if two lie down together, they will keep warm; but how can one be warm alone? Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him. And a threefold cord is not quickly broken. Ecclesiastes 4:9-12

Sorry Story Teller not for sure what you are saying.
As for as "little jobs", I don't think there are such things in the kingdom of God. God has a plan for each of us, so there is no little jobs or a greater person.

Amen.

Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their labor. For it they fall, one will lift up his companion. But woe to him who is alone when he falls, for he has no one to help him up. Again, if two lie down together, they will keep warm; but how can one be warm alone? Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him. And a threefold cord is not quickly broken. Ecclesiastes 4:9-12

Amen.

Yes, the Holy Spirit recharges us anytime we seek it,but having a fellow believer by our side is highly encouraging and helpful.

Great discussion, y'all.