• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Going out for track and field

Active
My 13 year old daughter, a book worm by nature, recently surprised me when she told me that she wanted to join track and field. She prefers to dress in skirts and dresses, and does not dress in spandex as all of her classmates AND TEACHERS do.

I replied: "wow, that is great! then questioned "since when did you like running or anything athletic?"
She responds light heartedly "oh, I just like to run, I like to walk."

I then pulled up images of women in track to show her the uniforms they wear.
I asked "would you feel comfortable in that attire, did you know that is a track uniform?"
She purses her lips as she thinks internally...

I said well, we can probably fit you in under clothes that are aerodynamic to go under the shorts and something similar for your top.

Deut says that women should not dress as men and vice versa. Would a track uniform qualify as such? Also the verses in 1 Tim exhort modest dress and emphasizes that read adornment should be the innerself. Is that possible for women athletes?

I need to pray for guidance on this. Will you pray for me and her as well? Also looking for some discussion and input on this topic.

Sincerely,
Mister

Loyal
No more problematic for women athletes than men athletes surely?

My daughter loves ballet dance. It's the thing that gives her more joy than anything else. The leotard is quite revealing, but for her I'm sure that it has nothing to do with modesty or immodest - it's just the clothes she wears to do the thing she loves.

So, a question of attitude is important. Wearing a particular set of clothes to gain attention would be problematic. But track and field uniform to do track and field? Not necessarily a problem.

These things are often more a question of wisdom and discernment than a bald matter of right or wrong.

Loyal
My 13 year old daughter, a book worm by nature, recently surprised me when she told me that she wanted to join track and field. She prefers to dress in skirts and dresses, and does not dress in spandex as all of her classmates AND TEACHERS do.

I replied: "wow, that is great! then questioned "since when did you like running or anything athletic?"
She responds light heartedly "oh, I just like to run, I like to walk."

I then pulled up images of women in track to show her the uniforms they wear.
I asked "would you feel comfortable in that attire, did you know that is a track uniform?"
She purses her lips as she thinks internally...

I said well, we can probably fit you in under clothes that are aerodynamic to go under the shorts and something similar for your top.

Deut says that women should not dress as men and vice versa. Would a track uniform qualify as such? Also the verses in 1 Tim exhort modest dress and emphasizes that read adornment should be the innerself. Is that possible for women athletes?

I need to pray for guidance on this. Will you pray for me and her as well? Also looking for some discussion and input on this topic.

Sincerely,
Mister
It is not that big of a deal. Women and girls have the female department , like men and boy have the male department. They are cut different.

Back when Jesus walked the earth, the men wore "Robes" the Soldiers wore Robes, that was made for men, women wore Robes made for women. Men did not wear pants. In to days market place, Men do not wear women pants. Well they didn't us to wear them. if a woman puts of yoga pants, i don't thing she is going to look like a man. Now for me the yoga pants, for women are kinda revealing. But satan is the prince of this world. "And yoga pants is the Fashion of this World". And The Western World is the "New Christianity" and the two loves one another and walks hand in hand. I have 3 girls, and their mother let them dress as they pleased. So i became the enemy in my own household, when i made a comment. I just considered myself as a deterrent by my presence. Wife's complaint was there is nothing else to buy. So I would buy it, the preppy look, Oxford Shirts, Long Oxford, socks, Younger daughter would not wear it. They could not wait for me to go to work. So my wife and her friend could buy clothing that i considered just to revealing. But they are the Christians the church loves and i always was the enemy. because i don't believe in Fornication, letting Homo and Lesbians babysitting for the church going christians, and i do not go out to eat with them. I am the anti-sociable they would say. I never said a word i just watch these church going people with all their help programs, food banks, Nursing home visitations, soup kitchen servers. cult worshipping women.

Now I know what i have seen with my own eyes and read. And they love Jesus. And would get mad at me, because. i will not partake in these events, no i am not going to partake or have fellowship, with these people. I am not going to. I cannot stop my wife , you do as you please. But I can control myself.
A light that sits on a hill. I will not be a partaker of their sins. We have nothing in common.

The scripture haunts me today; You better be sure she is a true Christian before you even take her out to dinner. Because a lot of churches have train many to act like real christians for years! They act more christlike than you! And Their "Handlers" have trained them good! and after you have married them, this scripture will haunt you to death.

3Do not intermarry with them. Do not give your daughters to their sons or take their daughtersfor your sons, 4because they will turn your sons away from following Me to serve other gods. Then the anger of the LORD will burn against you, and He will swiftly destroy you.…
Exodus 34:15
Do not make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land, for when they prostitute themselves to their gods and sacrifice to them, they will invite you, and you will eat their sacrifices.
Exodus 34:16
And when you take some of their daughters as brides for your sons, their daughters will prostitute themselves to their gods and cause your sons to do the same.

There are a lot of "Idols" to worship in this "modern world". It takes the Lenses of Jesus to see this stuff.

Keep the good work up.

New American Standard Bible
"Train up a child in the way he should go, Even when he grows older he will not abandon it."

PS girls are now 31,32, 42

Active
@Hekuran
I do test my children's motive in their pursuits of things. I see a good motive here. It can unexpectedly, and in excitement. I want her to accomplish things in the right way, in the right attitude. I would like to go over some scripture with her encompassing this matter, would you have a couple to offer?

Active
@PloughBoy
I have read your comment, twice, and not quite sure what I have deciphered. I will give it a go, however.

I have concluded that in the simple fact of bringing up this issue and taking it to what God says is "bringing her up in the way that she should go.", and that my proceeding with caution is the right thing to do, but not necessarily coming to the conclusion that dressing in shorty shorts and a tank-top, is against God's standards according to scripture? Of course if she is comfortable with undergear then go for it.

Can you lay it out flat, sir, please?
Kindest regards,

P.S. your handle reminds me of my dad's voicemail once played

"Hi, you reached the residence of Thomas M. Woster the John Deere jockey, and his sons the plow boys. I can't come to the phone right now, but if you'd like to leave your name, number and a short message, I certainly will get back to you." He was a funny guy.

Loyal
@Hekuran
I do test my children's motive in their pursuits of things. I see a good motive here. It can unexpectedly, and in excitement. I want her to accomplish things in the right way, in the right attitude. I would like to go over some scripture with her encompassing this matter, would you have a couple to offer?

(Ecclesiastes 12) BSB
1Remember your Creator
in the days of your youth,
before the days of trouble come
and the years approach when you will say,
“I find no pleasure in them”—
2before the sun and the light
and the moon and the stars grow dark,
and the clouds return after the rain;

New International Version
(Ecclesiastes 12:13).
"Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the duty of all mankind"

(Psalms 1)

Blessed is the one
who does not walk in step with the wicked
or stand in the way that sinners take
or sit in the company of mockers,
but whose delight is in the law of the Lord,
and who meditates on his law day and night.
That person is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither—
whatever they do prospers.
Not so the wicked!
They are like chaff
that the wind blows away.
Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment,
nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.
For the Lord watches over the way of the righteous,
but the way of the wicked leads to destruction.

Great Memory's for kids. as they grow older into eternal life.

Loyal
I think if I started picking Bible passages my own biases would start coming out. For example, I'd go for 'Even youths grow weary, but they that wait upon the lord shall renew their strength, they shall rise up on the wings of an eagle, they shall run and not grow weary, they shall run and not be faint.' from Isaiah 40.

One of my favourites is the line in the middle of Psalm 86. 'Lord give me an undivided heart that I might fear your name.' Or Paul in Philippians, 'Whatever is good, whatever is noble'.