• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

God's Provision Blesses Many

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
Then the word of the LORD came to him, saying, "Arise, go to Zarephath, which [belongs] to Sidon, and dwell there. See, I have commanded a widow there to provide for you." 1 Kings 17:8-9

Elijah went from one impossible mission to another. When it appeared that everyone had abandoned God, the Lord instructed him to perform signs before the people in the hope of sparking a revival. When food became scarce, God chose a poor widow to provide for him.

This situation placed Elijah wholly at the mercy of God to care for himself, the widow, and her child. However, caught up in the blessing to Elijah was the widow and her son. His faithfulness to God's commands had a far-reaching impact into their lives as well.

When God calls you to take a leap of faith, it's likely that the resources and means will not be readily apparent. You may be called to undertake a project that appears next to impossible.

But if you remain faithful to God's calling, many others may benefit from your decision. From those impacted by your choices to those encouraged by the stories of God's provision, your choosing to trust God today can have a significant impact in helping future generations believe in God.

Prayer: Lord, I trust that You can provide for me when the future appears uncertain.