• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

God's Judgement for Eve in Gen. 3:16 - A Prophecy about Feminism and Its Doom to Failure

Active
This might be offensive and hurtful to some ladies out here, but the Holy Spirit has put this on my mind, so I have to bring this up. In Genesis 3:16, it reads:

To the woman (Eve) He said: “I will greatly multiply your sorrow and your conception; In pain you shall bring forth children; Your desire shall be for your husband, and he shall rule over you.”

The first half involves some OB/GYN issues during childbirth, I'm not an expert and I won't pretend to be one, so I just drop this excerpt from a book about childbirth I read. In summary, baby's head is too large to pass through the birth canal, it requires rotation, which causes a lot of pain and requires midwife attendence, and this is unique to human. What is a dilemma to scientists is written in the Bible.

“Unlike other mammals, human babies need to rotate and navigate through a pelvis that evolved for upright bipedal walking. Human babies also have relatively large heads in comparison to their mother's pelvis. This situation has been labelled the "obstetric dilemma” by scientists. During their "rotational birth", human babies usually enter the brim (top) of the pelvis facing sideways, then rotate to face their mother's back as they emerge. The combination of the obstetric dilemma and the backward-facing position of the baby at birth has given rise to the notion of “obligate midwifery” in the biomedical and anthropological literature.

The question is in the second half in the bold text. This part is very likely an inaccurate translation which can be found in many old bible versions. What it really means is, "you desire shall be against your husband", "contrary to your husband" or "for the place of your husband". You put in the context, and then it would make sense.

This is a very familiar verse to both Christians and pagans, both believers and atheists. Most feminists naively assume that this is a curse of "oppressive patriarchy" upon woman, if they can "own their body" and never give birth and/or never get married, then this curse can be undone, it would be null and void. But is that so? How does that work out half a century later? Unfortunately, since it's God's judgement on Eve, it's meant for all women regardless of marital status. In all kinds of propaganda from the entertainment industry, single motherhood is always glorified while nuclear family is often ridiculed, but in reality, the biggest contributor to poverty and failure is broken family, and the biggest contributor to prosperity and success is stable family. Since the feminist movement in the 60s and 70s, women has been heavily objectified, fetishized and exploited, which is unprecedented in history. Many men have dropped out of work force and turned to all sorts of addictions to kill time, and meanwhile both the breadwinner's and the caretaker's responsibilities are laid on women's shoulders, they've been told they can have it all, yet it reality it only stresses them out. If there's any progress achieved in regard of equality, then guess what, it's all derailed by the "transgender" movement, sick perverts are taking advantage of this movement, they're snatching away any quota reserved for women, in sports, in business, in fashion and other areas, anyone who dares to stand up and raise a voice against this false god is persecuted with no mercy. Tragically, Gen 3:16 is being fulfilled whatsoever on a societal level.

Active
What found we overlook,that in this garden before sin,there was pain. Thats how i interpret "multipy sorrows" anyway.