• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

God's Gift of a Trusting Heart

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:4)

Staff Member
Now a certain woman named Lydia heard [us]. She was a seller of purple from the city of Thyatira, who worshiped God. The Lord opened her heart to heed the things spoken by Paul. Acts 16:14

The world's greatest miracle? Hands down, it's God's gift of a trusting, believing, faith-filled heart. Just as remarkable? God can give that gift to anyone. After all, He doesn't want anyone to perish, but for all to come to repentance (2 Peter 3:9).

Who is the one person you know who, humanly speaking, is least likely to receive God's gift of a trusting heart? Are you willing to let God use you in his life? If so…

1. Go to that person.

2. Ask questions.

3. Listen to him.

4. Ask them to tell you there story.

5. Ask again until they says yes.

6. Don't interrupt--just listen.

7. Be nonjudgmental.

8. Be unshockable.

9. Keep on listening.

10. Bless them.

11. Ask if you can pray for them.

12. Repeat.

Experience shows that listening is the new loving. Better yet? Even tough guys respond to such unobtrusive love. The greatest miracle you'll experience this year could be right around the corner.

Prayer: Lord, it truly would take a miracle for ___________ to receive Your gift of a trusting heart. Then again, I believe You still do miracles today. Guide my steps as I reach out to them, I pray.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Curtis Devotionals 1
Chad Sermons & Podcasts 0
Ncdataman Sermons & Podcasts 0