• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

God's Delight

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe. 1 Corinthians 1:21

Billy Graham, Luis Palau, and other world-famous preachers have told a whimsical story about one of the nineteenth-century's greatest evangelists, D.L. Moody. One day a lady criticized Moody for his methods of evangelism in attempting to win people to the Lord. Moody's reply: "I agree with you. I don't like the way I do it either. Tell, me, how do you do it?"

The lady answered, "I don't do it."

Moody replied, "Well, then, I like my way of doing evangelism better than your way of not doing it."

True, public evangelism isn't solely locked into preaching. Still, at the end of the day, it's what God loves to use "to bring those who trust him into the way of salvation." Thankfully, there are 105 ways to do evangelism. So, if you're not a public proclaimer, you still have plenty of options.

Just don't make the mistake of criticizing evangelists, pastors, and other public proclaimers of the life-changing Gospel of Jesus Christ. After nearly two thousand years, God still loves to use preaching.

Prayer: Lord, You made me, You equipped me, and now You can use me. Help me to honor and support the preaching of the Gospel.

Active
For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe. 1 Corinthians 1:21

Billy Graham, Luis Palau, and other world-famous preachers have told a whimsical story about one of the nineteenth-century's greatest evangelists, D.L. Moody. One day a lady criticized Moody for his methods of evangelism in attempting to win people to the Lord. Moody's reply: "I agree with you. I don't like the way I do it either. Tell, me, how do you do it?"

The lady answered, "I don't do it."

Moody replied, "Well, then, I like my way of doing evangelism better than your way of not doing it."

True, public evangelism isn't solely locked into preaching. Still, at the end of the day, it's what God loves to use "to bring those who trust him into the way of salvation." Thankfully, there are 105 ways to do evangelism. So, if you're not a public proclaimer, you still have plenty of options.

Just don't make the mistake of criticizing evangelists, pastors, and other public proclaimers of the life-changing Gospel of Jesus Christ. After nearly two thousand years, God still loves to use preaching.

Prayer: Lord, You made me, You equipped me, and now You can use me. Help me to honor and support the preaching of the Gospel.
Amen! :smile:

Loyal
Greetings brother @Christ4Ever

I smile when I read this story, and will smile when I read it again, I always smile at the reply, I always will.

It is another example, I think, of people the not seeing the speck in another persons eye due to the plank in our own. People are to often quick to criticise and the world today encourages it, so many are social media bonkers.

When we get negative or thoughts of criticism it is always best to stop and thing, what would Jesus do? What would Jesus say?

Bless you

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Christ4Ever Devotionals 0
Jimmie Bible Discussions 0
jaboyle100 Devotionals 1