• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

God Was Calling Me

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Active
I am so thankful for God the Holy Spirit Who came to make His home in my spirit (the real me). My spirit was saved, purified and made holy the moment I trusted Jesus Christ as my Savior. I was raised with Christ to a new life, thus sharing His resurrection from the dead.-Colossians 3:1. The moment the Person of the Holy Spirit came to dwell within me; He began to teach me all things. He put a strong desire in my heart to study the Bible. My saved spirit desires spiritual things, because my real home is in heaven. God's Word is alive.- Hebrews 4:12. This is the main way through which He speaks to us.
A person doesn't just get up one day and say, "I think I'll become a Christian." God calls a person to salvation. Jesus said, "No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day.-John 6:44.
As I look back over the years, before I was saved; I now recognize there were many times God was calling me to Himself, trying to get through to me, trying to let me know who I really was.-Galatians 2:20. He so much wanted me to live for Him! He knew I would eventually understand why I was here. He had plans for me before I was ever in my mother's womb.-Jeremiah 1:5.
I remember very clearly an incident when I was 18 yrs. old and fixing to graduate from high school. I woke up abruptly, sat straight up in bed, reached for my Bible ( don't even remember having a Bible back then), opened it to a passage ( oh how I wish I could recall which one), and walked into the living room. Mama and daddy ( what southerners call parents), were reading the newspaper when they looked up and saw me standing there. I began to read scripture out loud as tears ran down my face. When I finished reading, I glanced up and my parents were looking at me like I'd lost my mind. I felt hurt and embarrassed. I ran out of the room and don't remember too much after that. I loved my parents and had a good relationship with them. My mother was my best friend. But, I was not raised in a Christian environment, therefore my journey began on the broad road that leads to destruction. Because I was so wrapped up in the world, the flesh and the devil; I couldn't find my way to the Lord. Gradually over time as I heard God's Word and began to understand it; my eyes were opened and I was no longer blind. The god of this world had been blinding my mind, keeping me from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ Who is the image of God.-2 Corinthians 4:4. I now knew the truth, and the truth set me free.-John 8:32. Now I understood the real meaning of the Cross and why Jesus was crucified. I believed in my heart what He did for me and I confessed my sins and asked Him to forgive. I received Jesus as my Lord and Savior. I was able to walk away from the broad road that leads to destruction. Now I walk on the narrow road that leads to life.-Matthew 7:14.
Love in Christ, Jan :)