• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

God the Holy Spirit

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Active
God the Person of the Holy Spirit came to live in my spirit the moment I believed in Jesus Christ and Him crucified. Once God saw that my heart had accepted the work of His Son at the cross, I was saved from sin and death. When my physical body dies, it will return to ashes. But praise the Lord! When Jesus comes back, God will raise my ashes from the grave and give me a spiritual body, just like Jesus received when He rose from the dead. I look forward to arriving in heaven! I will spend time worshipping my Father for all eternity! I will also carry out the responsibilities He gives me and find fulfillment in doing them.

But I haven't arrived in heaven yet! What am I suppose to be doing now! Now that I have a spiritual birth, anything I do has to be brought about by the Holy Spirit.The Holy Spirit dwells within my spirit and He is my advocate. John 14:16-17-And I will ask the Father, and He will give another advocate to help you and be with you forever- the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept Him, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him. But you know Him, for He lives with you and will be in you. The Holy Spirit is my Comforter, my helper, my supporter, my counselor, my spokesperson, etc. He is here to aid me in any way.

The Holy Spirit is a permanent resident. He opened my spirit and told me I was a child of God. The moment I believed in my heart, Jesus Christ and Him crucified; I received salvation. This was a super-natural event that the natural mind cannot comprehend. But in my heart I believed it took place. God the Person of the Holy Spirit, a super-natural being living in me is the One Who is living now. He is the One Who is living my life now and my physical body carries Him around. I communicate with Him. He controls my life now. I don't control it any longer. Galatians 2:20-I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, Who loved me and gave Himself for me. My body is a vehicle by which He is able to operate in and through. I'm a spiritual being, but I live in a human body. I am a child of God and He sees me as righteous, I am in right standing with Him because He lives in me. I am free from any sin I ever committed. I am free from the sins I commit now and the ones I will commit in the future, because of the sacrificed blood of Jesus Christ.

Now when I sin in my body, whether through my thoughts, words or actions; the Holy Spirit immediately convicts me. He lets me know something is not right. He will lead me to repent and ask God to forgive me. Even though God has already forgiven me of sin, I will still be moved by the Holy Spirit to address any sin in my life. My new spiritual life is controlled by the Holy Spirit. I must allow Him to have control. He will always live in me and He will never leave me, but if I don't remain aware of His Presence in me and follow His promptings; my human, sinful nature will take over.

The Holy Spirit operates in me and through me depending on how much nourishment I give Him. The Holy Spirit receives nourishment when I feed Him with God's Word. The Bible is the living Word of God, meaning the words on the pages of the Bible are alive. Each time I read the words, study the words, and meditate in the words; the Holy Spirit gets perfect nourishment, keeping Him strong and healthy. It is His legal responsibility to guide my steps each day and show me God's perfect will for my life. It is His responsibility to change me and make me more like Jesus. He is the change agent, not me. I nourish Him, He changes me. 1 Thessalonians 5:23-Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved completely, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

One day my human body will die and return to ashes. Immediately my spirit will be with the Lord. Then on the appointed time, Jesus will return. Revelation 1:7-Look, He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all peoples on earth "will mourn because of Him." So shall it be! Amen

Lord, may we keep the Holy Spirit nourished with Your Word so He can comfort us and guide our steps. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

Love in Christ,
Jan :smile: