• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

God speaking through us:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
God speaking through us:

The Scripture tells us if any man speaks, let him speak “the very Words of God”. This means letting God himself speak through you to others, and not just too others but also unto you.

1Pe 4:11 Do you have the gift of speaking? Then speak as though God Himself were speaking through you....... (NLT)
This speaking is what God himself does through us, IT IS HIS WORK, not ours. We have to be willing to “let” the Lord God use us for his Glory as an instrument of righteousness in the hands of a Holy God. As Jesus once said.....

John 14:10 Don't you believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me? THE WORDS I SPEAK ARE NOT MY OWN, but MY FATHER WHO LIVES IN ME DOES HIS WORK THROUGH ME. (NLT)

Jesus said the words he spoke were not his, but his Fathers, and his Fathers “WORK” was speaking through him!!

Man's “WORK” is to simply “believe” (have faith). God's WORK is to do what we believe him to do.

Active
God speaking through us:

The Scripture tells us if any man speaks, let him speak “the very Words of God”. This means letting God himself speak through you to others, and not just too others but also unto you.

1Pe 4:11 Do you have the gift of speaking? Then speak as though God Himself were speaking through you....... (NLT)
This speaking is what God himself does through us, IT IS HIS WORK, not ours. We have to be willing to “let” the Lord God use us for his Glory as an instrument of righteousness in the hands of a Holy God. As Jesus once said.....

John 14:10 Don't you believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me? THE WORDS I SPEAK ARE NOT MY OWN, but MY FATHER WHO LIVES IN ME DOES HIS WORK THROUGH ME. (NLT)

Jesus said the words he spoke were not his, but his Fathers, and his Fathers “WORK” was speaking through him!!

Man's “WORK” is to simply “believe” (have faith). God's WORK is to do what we believe him to do.
This is a very important thread Curtis. One that is disregarded by a lot of Christians, and abused by a small segment of Christianity. Thank you for presenting it.

Loyal
This is a very important thread Curtis. One that is disregarded by a lot of Christians, and abused by a small segment of Christianity. Thank you for presenting it.
I really believe, and my prayer for the Church is that in knowing what scripture says, and then believing it, causes this reality to become true in our lives. We can not believe in something we do not know, and we can not experience what we do not believe!! :smile:

Loyal
I really believe, and my prayer for the Church is that in knowing what scripture says, and then believing it, causes this reality to become true in our lives. We can not believe in something we do not know, and we can not experience what we do not believe!! :smile:
Yes, we can believe in something we do not know, but we continue to believe by stepping out in faith in God, the faith will become knowledge.

"Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;..." Heb 12:2

Loyal
Yes, we can believe in something we do not know, but we continue to believe by stepping out in faith in God, the faith will become knowledge.

"Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;..." Heb 12:2
If faith comes by hearing the Word of God, how can someone believe in something he has not heard? Hearing brings knowledge, that knowledge brings faith.

Loyal
If faith comes by hearing the Word of God, how can someone believe in something he has not heard? Hearing brings knowledge, that knowledge brings faith.
Remember that natural "hearing" is not necessarily spiritual hearing. Is it not possible for a deaf person to "hear" what God is saying?

As to knowledge bringing faith, what are either knowledge or faith without charity [love]?

"And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing." I Cor 13:2

"And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity." I Cor 13:13

Loyal
Remember that natural "hearing" is not necessarily spiritual hearing. Is it not possible for a deaf person to "hear" what God is saying?

As to knowledge bringing faith, what are either knowledge or faith without charity [love]?

"And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing." I Cor 13:2

"And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity." I Cor 13:13
There are two kinds of knowledge one being "gnosis", and the other being "epi gnosis" One comes from the flesh, the other comes by the Spirit of God. One is temporary, the other is eternal. One builds up the other puffs up. The Word of God which is spirit, and is life brings faith, and it is a eternal knowledge, that builds up.

Loyal
There are two kinds of knowledge one being "gnosis", and the other being "epi gnosis" One comes from the flesh, the other comes by the Spirit of God. One is temporary, the other is eternal. One builds up the other puffs up. The Word of God which is spirit, and is life brings faith, and it is a eternal knowledge, that builds up.
Without charity we are sounding brass; we are nothing; we profit nothing... no matter what else we have.

Yes there is knowledge which believers in God have, how much does each one have and who in every case recognizes which things of God he really has and which things he only believes he has, but is in error?

Has any believer in God ever changed some part of what he believes/knows since he was first drawn to God?

Loyal
Without charity we are sounding brass; we are nothing; we profit nothing... no matter what else we have.

Yes there is knowledge which believers in God have, how much does each one have and who in every case recognizes which things of God he really has and which things he only believes he has, but is in error?

Has any believer in God ever changed some part of what he believes/knows since he was first drawn to God?
Absolutely, it is called "spiritual growth"

Loyal
Absolutely, it is called "spiritual growth"
Yes, the necessary increase of the new or inner man as well as the decrease of the old man as summed I believe by John the Baptist:

"He must increase, but I must decrease." John 3:30

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jaboyle100 Devotionals 6
Quantrill Bible Discussions 11
Curtis Devotionals 0