• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

God Only Disciplines and Chastises His own Sons, And All others He leaves unto themselves, they may do as they like no matter where they are at.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Active
Top Poster Of Month
God Disciplines His Sons
(Hebrews 12).
4In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood. 5And you have forgotten the exhortation that addresses you as sons:
“My son, do not take lightly the discipline of the Lord,
and do not lose heart when He rebukes you.

6For the Lord disciplines the one He loves,
and He chastises every son He receives.”b scourges

7Endure suffering as discipline; God is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his father? 8If you do not experience discipline like everyone else, then you are illegitimate children and not true sons. 9Furthermore, we have all had earthly fathers who disciplined us, and we respected them. Should we not much more submit to the Father of our spirits and live?

10Our fathers disciplined us for a short time as they thought best, but God disciplines us for our good, so that we may share in His holiness. 11No discipline seems enjoyable at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it yields a harvest of righteousness and peacec to those who have been trained by it.

12Therefore strengthen your limp hands and weak knees.d 13Make straight paths for your feet,e so that the lame may not be disabled, but rather healed.

And afterwards "David said: He has chasten me very hard and have not given me over to death"! "God Scourges Every Son he receives" It produces "Holiness" and Sanctififcation! " Have GOD the Father, Scourged You and Chastise you painfully and severely"? If not, there is No fruit of "Sanctitcation or Holiness" in that person whatsoever. But only the "fruits of Deceptions" that will be revealed by fire, that will be revealed on the day of judgment of what kind of fruit it is.. for fire will reveal the substance of what source it really is.

Loyal
you know I have wondered about this, the church he talking to here is the famous luke warm church of Laodicea. Always wondered if they were saved or not. I mean he says he is going to spit them out of his mouth, that does not seem saved to me.

Revelation 3:18-20
18 I advise you to buy from Me gold refined by fire so that you may become rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself, and that the shame of your nakedness will not be revealed; and eye salve to anoint your eyes so that you may see. 19 Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline; therefore be zealous and repent. 20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

15 ‘I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot; I wish that you were cold or hot. 16 So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will [l]spit you out of My mouth. 1

Active
The Scriptures about suffering as discipline and godly training brought forth by Ploughboy is what the majority of the visible church is at odds with. People are only ok with Christianity when there are blessings, but not ok when there are trials and sacrifices. Most of them are already spit out by Jesus.

I agree that our Father in heaven disciplines us out of love, to make us more like Jesus. That puts us at odds with the world that we are not a part of, and church members and many false pastors.

Active
Top Poster Of Month
(Jeremiah 2).

19Your own evil will discipline you;
your own apostasies will reprimand you.
Consider and realize
how evil and bitter it is
for you to forsake the LORD your God
and to have no fear of Me,”
declares the Lord GOD of Hosts.

20“For long ago you broke your yoke
and tore off your chains,
saying, ‘I will not serve!’
Indeed, on every high hill
and under every green tree
you lay down as a prostitute.

21I had planted you like a choice vine
from the very best seed.
How could you turn yourself before Me
into a rotten, wild vine?

22Although you wash with lye
and use an abundance of soap,
the stain of your guilt
is still before Me,”

Then I do recall portions recorded in "JOB" and I fully understands why God, place this story in "Holy Scripture" considered one of the "1st. or oldest recorded Parchment of The Holy Scripture".

Job 9:30,31
If I wash myself with snow water, and make my hands never so clean; …
Job 10:15-17
If I be wicked, woe unto me; and if I be righteous, yet will I not lift up my head. I am full of confusion; therefore see thou mine affliction; …
Job 13:25
Wilt thou break a leaf driven to and fro? and wilt thou pursue the dry stubble?

Job 13:24
Wherefore hidest thou thy face, and holdest me for thine enemy?
Job 16:9
He teareth me in his wrath, who hateth me: he gnasheth upon me with his teeth; mine enemy sharpeneth his eyes upon me.
Job 19:11
He hath also kindled his wrath against me, and he counteth me unto him as one of his enemies.

Only a True, son of God , who have been well discipline and scourge, understands these underlines of poetic words, from the results of a "Poetic Whip"!

Active
Top Poster Of Month
Daniel 11:35
Some of the wise will fall, so that they may be refined, purified, and made spotless until the time of the end, for it will still come at the appointed time.

Daniel 12:10
Many will be purified, made spotless, and refined, but the wicked will continue to act wickedly. None of the wicked will understand, but the wise will understand.

New American Standard 1977
“And I will bring the third part through the fire, Refine them as silver is refined, And test them as gold is tested. They will call on My name, And I will answer them; I will say, ‘They are My people,’ And they will say, ‘The LORD is my God.’”

Active
Top Poster Of Month