• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

God makes no distinction between Jew and greek, why do so many scholars like to ?

Loyal
Galatians 3/ 26-29
26. You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.
27. For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.
28. There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
29. And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed and heirs according to the promise.

seems we are all Abrahams seed, and heirs to the promise, and that there is no distinction between Jew and Greek. Seems pretty clear, yet listening to preachers all you hear is distinctions being made, all you hear is the church and the Jews are not the same.

thoughts

thanks

The reason that theological scholarship "divides" between Jew and greek and gentile and "church"......is because the NT tells us to "rightly DIVIDE".

So, that means that there are distinctions in the word of God. There are dispensations........Seasons, .......TIMES...

This means that to understand and discern the bible correctly, you have to know how to understand these distinctions..

For example.........When Jesus was here, God was dealing only with the House of Israel....the JEW.
NOW, God is not.......he is dealing with this.......>"The time of the GENTILES".......and you have the Gentile Apostle......Paul.
This is going to change, and God will resume dealing with the Jew, and this is the Great Trib............and that will end, and so on.
All these changes, where God is doing something different regarding dealing with man............have to be "rightly divided" Theologically and Spiritually.

Loyal
When Jesus was here, God was dealing only with the House of Israel....the JEW.
NOW, God is not.......he is dealing with this.......>"The time of the GENTILES".

Interesting and thanks for your reply

I wonder what you would say about the Jewish state being declared a nation by the un in 1948,

seems to me he was dealing with the Jews then. in fact if you look at the Jewish nation since Post Jesus you will see other dealings as well.

The war that Israel was never going to win that makes no sense they won.

There language being restored

People returning to there home land.

I think its very easy to make a case that God has been dealing with the Jewish people Post Jesus for some time now.

Loyal
.he is dealing with this.......>"The time of the GENTILES".

what does this actually mean??

because when I look at it, it seems to me that plenty of Jews are Christians, as a matter of fact when Jesus was walking on the earth he was using Jews to start his church. The apostles are part of the Church and they are Jewish.

Interesting and thanks for your reply

I wonder what you would say about the Jewish state being declared a nation by the un in 1948,

That is just OT prophecy being fulfilled., with more to come.
However, in the "time of the gentiles", God is dealing with the non-jew, specifically.
This does not mean that he has cast away Israel.....as many Jews are daily finding messiah.... So, in the time of the gentiles, the offer of John 3:16-17, is for the jew, greek, gentile, and "all who will come and believe on Jesus'
When the GT starts, this offer of the gift of righteousness, .....this Salvation as a Gift, will be gone., and replaced by "enduring to the end, + Faith".
But for now, its the finished work of Christ on the Cross, as the "Gift of Salvation", for as long as the Time of the Gentiles, continues, and that is not much longer.

Loyal
When the GT starts, this offer of the gift of righteousness, .....this Salvation as a Gift, will be gone., and replaced by "enduring to the end, + Faith".

Are you suggesting that we take Jesus our of the equation of salvation?

Are you suggesting that God is giving these people a reason to boast once they get to heaven?

Are you suggesting we do not have to endure to the end now??

Are you suggesting that we take Jesus our of the equation of salvation?

Are you suggesting that God is giving these people a reason to boast once they get to heaven?

Are you suggesting we do not have to endure to the end now??

Not at all.
During the GT, God is actually removing the "the Gift of Salvation", and implementing works + faith, which is very difficult.
This is where the "he who endures to the end, the same shall be saved" verse comes into play.
So, the "tribulation salvation" will not have John 3:16 as the way to become a child of God.
We have it now.
They wont.

Loyal
Not at all.
During the GT, God is actually removing the "the Gift of Salvation", and implementing works + faith, which is very difficult.
This is where the "he who endures to the end, the same shall be saved" verse comes into play.
So, the "tribulation salvation" will not have John 3:16 as the way to become a child of God.
We have it now.
They wont.

this makes no sense at all to me. there are people all over the world now that have to endure to the end to be saved, in places that Christianty is against the law. So there is nothing new that the people in the tribulation have to do.

We are always told to endure to the end, that is a blessing on us when we have tribulation, that when we are refined and purified. NO place in scripture does it say its going to easy and we get a free pass.

Hebrews 3:14
For we have come to share in Christ, if indeed we hold our original confidence firm to the end.

we all have to endure to the end, if you deny Christ now or in the tribulation the same thing happens, he will deny us before the father, the bible is broken into two parts the OT and the NT, you seem to be looking at in 3 sections like the book of revelation is a third separate part from the NT, it is not it is part of the NT

As I have study more on this I now realize these versus are talking about people that are born again, there is no distinction. So really there are only two kinds of people in the bible, those born again and those not. The Jew that practices the law and does not believe in Jesus is no different then any other un saved person, they both need Jesus !!!

Galatians 3/ 26-29
26. You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.
27. For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.
28. There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
29. And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed and heirs according to the promise.

this makes no sense at all to me. there are people all over the world now that have to endure to the end to be saved, i

Hey fella,

Salvation is a GIFT.

There is no "enduring" to be saved., as Jesus has already ENDURED THE CROSS for all your sins.
What is your part?

RECEIVE the GIFT of Salvation by Faith.

So, i think what you mean, is that there are people in dangerous Christ hating countries who are having to endure this.........but that is not to be saved.....as they are already SAVED, which is why they are in DANGER.

We dont "die for Christ" to be saved............as Christ has died for US so that can be saved.