• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

God is working on You

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete [it] until the day of Jesus Christ; Philippians 1:6 NKJV

God saved you the day you surrendered to Christ, and He stamped your heart with the royal seal of His Holy Spirit to certify that you are His child (2 Corinthians 1:22; Ephesians 1:13; 4:30). Though you're presently imperfect, God won't abandon you in your unfinished state but is determined to keep working in you until the very day that Christ returns to take you to heaven.

At times, you may become discouraged by your many weaknesses, faults, and stumbling, and wonder how a perfect God could put up with you. But let there be no doubt in your mind: He started a great work with you, and He'll see it through till it's finished. He knows you're a work in progress. It's no surprise to Him.

You've probably passed by many construction sites and seen signs there stating the name of the construction company. They started the building, and they intend to see it through to completion. The Lord is like that. "It is God who works in you" (Philippians 2:13 NKJV).

Prayer: God, I trust that You who began a good work in me will see it through to completion. Thank You for never giving up on me.