• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

"God is not mocked" Galatians 6:7

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

I received the folowing in an e-mail from a friend. I recall some incidents but not all

It is written in the Bible (Galatians 6:7): "Be not deceived; God is not
mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap."

Here are some men and women who mocked God:

JOHN LENNON: Some years before, during his interview with an American
Magazine, he said: "Christianity will end, it will disappear. I do not
have to argue about that. I am certain. Jesus was ok, but his subjects
were too simple, today we are more famous than Him" (1966). Lennon, after
saying that the Beatles were more famous than Jesus Christ, was shot six
times..

TANCREDO NEVES (President of Brazil ): During the Presidential campaign,
he said if he got 500,000 votes from his party, not even God would remove
him from Presidency Sure he got the votes, but he got sick a day before
being made President, then he died.

CAZUZA (Bi-sexual Brazillian composer,singer
and poet): During a show in Canecïo ( Rio de Janeiro ), whilst smoking
his cigarette, he puffed out some smoke into the air and said: "God,
that's for you." He died at the age of 32 of AIDS in a horrible manner.

THE MAN WHO BUILT THE TITANIC: After the construction of the Titanic, a
reporter asked him how safe the Titanic would be. With an ironic tone he
said: "Not even God can sink it" The result: I think you all know what
happened to the Titanic

MARILYN MONROE: She was visited by Billy Graham during a presentation of a
show. He said the Spirit of God had sent him to preach to her. After
hearing what the Preacher had to say, she said: "I don't need your Jesus".
A week later, she was found dead in her apartment.

BON SCOTT: The ex-vocalist of the AC/DC. On one of his 1979 songs he sang:
"Don't stop me, I'm going down all the way, down the highway to hell". On
the 19th of February 1980, Bon Scott was found dead, he had been choked by
his own vomit.

CAMPINAS/SP IN 2005: In Campinas, Brazil a group of friends, drunk, went
to pick up a friend. The mother accompanied her to the car and was so
worried about the drunkenness of her friends and she said to the
daughter - holding her hand, who was already seated in the car: "MY
DAUGHTER, GO WITH GOD AND MAY HE PROTECT YOU." She responded: "ONLY IF HE (GOD) TRAVELS IN THE TRUNK, CAUSE INSIDE HERE IT'S ALREADY FULL"..
Hours later, news came by that they had been involved in a fatal accident,
everyone had died, the car could not be recognized what type of car it had
been, but surprisingly, the trunk was intact. The police said there was no
way the trunk could have remained intact. To their surprise, inside the
trunk was a crate of eggs, none were broken.

CHRISTINE HEWITT: A Jamaican Journalist and entertainer, said the Bible
(Word of God) was the worst book ever written, in June 2006 she was found
burnt beyond recognition in her motor vehicle.

Many more important people have forgotten that there is no other name that
was given so much authority as the name of Jesus. Many have died, but
only Jesus died and rose again, and he is still alive.

"What benefit does it have, if a man gains the whole world but loses his
soul? What can man give in exchange of his soul?" (Matthew 16:26).

AMEN

Administrator
Staff Member
Excellent! I was going to post this about a month ago but I lost the link. Thank you SO much for sharing this! This goes to show those a lesson not to do the foolish thing. Why mock your Maker who loves you? Do you mock your earthly loved ones too?

I think this is awesome!

Thank you so much for sharing this, now I'm going to send it back through the E-mail, lol.

My family & friends will like this, too!

:girl:*genesis

Last edited:
No God is not mocked. In the case of Ananias and Sapphira, we know that it was God's judgement because they fell down dead as Peter rebuked them.

We should be cautious with stories like these. Nobody has been yet been charged with the murder of Christine Hewitt, yet alone brought to justice. On what grounds do we judge that her death is God's vengeance?

Every day thousands of people say things to mock God, and most of them live to a ripe old age. Some people who have lived faithful and true lives die horrible deaths.

Do we really believe that God sunk the Titanic, causing hundreds of tragic deaths, because of the arrogance of one person?

Everybody is finally accountable to God for all their words and deeds – and it seems that Paul is thinking of mocking God by our sinful action rather than words – but I would need more information about these cases before I could be confident that they were God's judgement in action.

Every day thousands of people say things to mock God, and most of them live to a ripe old age. Some people who have lived faithful and true lives die horrible deaths.

Do we really believe that God sunk the Titanic, causing hundreds of tragic deaths, because of the arrogance of one person?

– but I would need more information about these cases before I could be confident that they were God's judgement in action.
I like the way you put that. We should always stop & think before we make accusation about things we could be wrong about. I shall repent tonight in case I did wrong. Thank you for sharing that with us.

Jude 1:17-19
17. But you, beloved, remember the words which were spoken before by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ:
18. how they told you that there would be mockers in the last time who would walk according to their own ungodly lusts.
19. These are sensual persons, who cause divisions, not having the Spirit.

2 Peter 3:3-4
3. knowing this first: that scoffers {mockers} will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts,
4. and saying, "Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.''

2 Timothy 3:1-5
1 But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come:
2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good,
4 traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God,
5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!

Last edited:
Administrator
Staff Member
kenwyn, I agree about the Titanic. The rest of the events listed I find not a coincidence but the Titanic one is rather steep to assume GOD's hands wer involved.

Its just ironic and barely believable that such events as listed are a coincidence. I think the Titanic is an exception while the rest are basically results of mocking GOD and even challenging Him. That's just plain foolish.

Mocking GOD is a SIN!!! For when one mocks GOD, he/she is insulting GOD.

Also, just like it is writen in Jude 1:19
These are the people who are not like us, who follow mere natural instincts and do not have the Spirit.

Last edited:
Loyal
The Gordon brothers, David and Wordsworth, were on Friday morning denied bail when they appeared in the Spanish Town Resident Magistrate's Court in St. Catherine.

The men were appearing after they were charged with murder and conspiracy to murder popular promoter and talk show host Christine Hewitt.

David Gordon was the husband of Ms Hewitt, who was killed in June 2006, while Wordsworth is Mr. Gordon's brother.

Defence Attorney Michael Deans told RJR News his bail application was refused because the Judge wanted the Clerk of the Court to be allowed more time to study the large case file.
radiojamaica.com