• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

God has taken all control

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

I'm 46 and I have always been the responsible child, mother, and wife. I need prayer because in the last few months God has taken all control of everything around me. I'm usually so busy handling everything and having jobs that keep me busy however all of a sudden everything has stopped. I was fired from a job for no apparent reason at all. My children are adults and have for a while now been pretty much independent. In the last few years I have divorced and remarried but that part seems to be the issue. My husband is a "baby christian" so I don't feel it is completely right to hand over full submission and control of my life to him since he is still learning. God on the other hand wants me to do just that and my husband just seems a little shaken by this and I'm afraid he may be backsliding. I know I can't preach to him (which is exactly what I've been doing out of fear) but his job has him around unsavory people that inable that ever so easy slide backwards. My issue is how do I completely submit when I'm still worried about the future and where he will take me.

Loyal
I'm 46 and I have always been the responsible child, mother, and wife. I need prayer because in the last few months God has taken all control of everything around me. I'm usually so busy handling everything and having jobs that keep me busy however all of a sudden everything has stopped. I was fired from a job for no apparent reason at all. My children are adults and have for a while now been pretty much independent. In the last few years I have divorced and remarried but that part seems to be the issue. My husband is a "baby christian" so I don't feel it is completely right to hand over full submission and control of my life to him since he is still learning. God on the other hand wants me to do just that and my husband just seems a little shaken by this and I'm afraid he may be backsliding. I know I can't preach to him (which is exactly what I've been doing out of fear) but his job has him around unsavory people that inable that ever so easy slide backwards. My issue is how do I completely submit when I'm still worried about the future and where he will take me.
If God has taken all control of everything around you, why would you worry?

I'm not as worried as (yes I know better) anxious. I don't have ANYTHING to do and I'm going crazy. I'm at a dead stand still and begging for something. I'm praying all the time and begging for something. My job is only part time and I love helping people but don't have a clue where to begin. I'm just praying (and asking others to pray that He will light my path and show me what to do next. Right now I'm just still and if anyone knew me at all, still IS NOT what I'm good at.

Loyal
Maybe God wants you to learn to rest. When the people of Isreal didn't let the land rest like He told them to do, He took the people out of the land to let it rest.

Thank you so much! That's a confirmation that I've been praying for. Now he just has to teach me how to rest. I have no idea how to do that at all. My mantra is "I don't sit well". He is telling me that I have to! Love this site and all the articles and encouragement. God bless you all!

Loyal
The Lord usually does not take any control over a person life or affairs until they first place it into his hands, which is why this scripture tell s us this...

1Peter 5:6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you,
1Peter 5:7 casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.

Your husband's job as the head of your family is to make sure the Devil has no place to cause trouble in your house hold. This is done through prayer. If your husband does not take on this responsibility, then you need to step up and do it yourself. Resisting the Devil and what ever wicked spirits that are coming against you can be stopped by using the name of Jesus, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God.