• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

God Gives The Victory

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
And ye went over Jordan, and came unto Jericho: and the men of Jericho fought against you, the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Girgashites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites; and I delivered them into your hand. And I sent the hornet before you, which drave them out from before you, [even] the two kings of the Amorites; [but] not with thy sword, nor with thy bow. Joshua 24:11-12

Before he died, Joshua assembled the Israelites and the Lord spoke through him, briefly reviewing Israel's wars, describing how He had done miracles for them in conquering the Amorites and Canaanites. And even though they had been required to fight battles with swords and bows, God wanted them to understand that they hadn't conquered the enemy all on their own. Then Joshua commanded them to continue trusting God.

God may have done outstanding, show stopping miracles in your life, but more typically--and more likely--He has worked unobtrusive miracles on your behalf, answering your prayers, empowering you and inspiring you in your work, and blessing your efforts. And like the Israelites, He wants you to remember: "'Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,' says the Lord of hosts" (Zechariah 4:6).

God requires you to work hard, yes, but above all, remember that your life has been blessed because He guarded you, watched over you. And blessed the work of your hands. So continue trusting Him to do that…every day of your life.

Prayer: Thank You, Lord, for being with me thus far, blessing my efforts, bringing me victories and accomplishments. Please be with me this day also.