• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

God-Given Wisdom

Staff Member
For the LORD grants wisdom! From his mouth come knowledge and understanding. He grants a treasure of common sense to the honest. He is a shield to those who walk with integrity. Proverbs 2:6-7 NLT

The Old Testament gives us a good example of wisdom when it refers to the men of Issachar as, “men who understood the times and knew what Israel should do” (1 Chronicles 12:32).

It’s good to have knowledge of God’s Word, but actually applying it to your life requires wisdom, which God has promised to give each and every person who asks for it in faith (see James 1:5). God uses different tools to give us wisdom, including His Holy Spirit and our experiences in our walk with Him. When we have that wisdom, we’ll know what to do when we’re faced with a life situation that would otherwise leave us frustrated and discouraged.

When we turn to the world for wisdom—from our political leaders, from celebrities, and (oftentimes) from spiritual leaders—we’re going to flawed sources. But our heavenly Father promises that when we go to Him and ask for the wisdom we need in this life, He’ll gladly give it to us.

Prayer: Heavenly Father, there are so many times when life present problems I just don’t know how to solve—if I can solve them at all. Give me the wisdom I need to handle the problems You allow to come my way…and the strength to endure them.

Loyal
Prov 1

1 The proverbs of Solomon the son of David, king of Israel:

2 To know wisdom and instruction,
To perceive the words of understanding,
3 To receive the instruction of wisdom,
Justice, judgment, and equity;
4 To give prudence to the simple,
To the young man knowledge and discretion—
5 A wise man will hear and increase learning,
And a man of understanding will attain wise counsel,
6 To understand a proverb and an enigma,
The words of the wise and their riddles.

7 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge,
But fools despise wisdom and instruction.