• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

God determines the stars and HE calls them all by name

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Administrator
Staff Member
"God determines the stars and HE calls them all by name."----Psalm 147:4

"There are ONE HUNDRED BILLION stars in our galaxy, and the average distance between any of those stars is 30 TRILLION miles!!! If the stars were closer together or farther apart, planetary orbits would be affected. [Incidentally, if we were any closer to the SUN we would burn up, any farther, we would freeze].

How far is 30 trillion miles? Let's put it this way: when the space shuttle is in orbit, it travels at about 17,000 miles an hour (everything in space has to travel at that speed). That is almost 5 miles per SECOND! So...it would take you 201, 450 YEARS to travel 30 trillion miles!. If you had gotten into the Space Shuttle at the time of Christ and begun traveling from our sun toward another star an average distance away, you would be only one-hundredth of the way there right now! And that's just between TWO of the hundred billion stars in our galaxy!!!!

And God Knows ALL of them by NAME!"----

(Above excerpt taken from book, 'I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist!'--- by Norman L. Geisler and Frank Turek)

Loyal
I would like to see a "list" of those names!
How many words can be made out 26 letters of the alphabet?

Active

RJ

I am no authority, but I read where there where @ 300 billion stars in The Milky Way, and there are @ 100 billion galaxies in the universe. I am no mathematician but I think that is a billion stars times 30,000 or 30,000 billion or 30,000,000,000,000 or 30 Trillion stars. That is a lot of names! And if you believe that we have a universe that is expanding out at @ 1000 miles an hour.....well, what a God!