• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

God and my hopeless life.....

My life isn't sailing smooth at these times -- jobless and friendless.

Constant prayers have been a source of consolation. I fall into depression and then, I turn to prayers which is the only one thing that keeps me going with my life.

But sometimes, I feel like God is tired of me. Really. While friends are striving for success and advancement, I am at the bottom of a dark pit where i'm questioning myself "where am I? " When I help my friends when they need it, I'm alone, when I need them. No one could be so "abandoned" as I.

In dreams, Lord Jesus comes once in a while ( one was before I eventually converted to Christianity). Few nights ago, I saw Him on the Cross and He was floating in the sky radiating bright light ( they say Cross is a symbol of sacrifice and suffering. I don't know how many more sufferings I'll have to face off!) And then, many other dreams later, I saw that my private altar at home was a little bit ruined after I prayed the Apostles Creed. When I woke up I was like " Even God seems to be angry with everything I do. Could my life get any better?"

Why is God putting me through so much???? I'm so exhausted that I find it hard to believe He gives a good life to some, and a very hard to others.

Staff Member
Greetings,

please don't be so sure that your thoughts are God's thoughts.
His mercy endures forever.... believe it or not.

Try this...

Give thanks to the LORD
For He is Good
His merciful Lovingkindness endures forever!
1Chronicles 16:34
Psalm 107:1
Psalm 100:5
Psalm 106:1
Psalm 118:1
Psalm 136:1

Trust Him
Lean not on your own understanding
see Proverb 3:5-6

Bless you ....><>

Active

Constant prayers have been a source of consolation. I fall into depression and then, I turn to prayers which is the only one thing that keeps me going with my life.

But sometimes, I feel like God is tired of me. Really. While friends are striving for success and advancement, I am at the bottom of a dark pit where i'm questioning myself "where am I? " When I help my friends when they need it, I'm alone, when I need them. No one could be so "abandoned" as I.

In dreams, Lord Jesus comes once in a while ( one was before I eventually converted to Christianity). Few nights ago, I saw Him on the Cross and He was floating in the sky radiating bright light ( they say Cross is a symbol of sacrifice and suffering. I don't know how many more sufferings I'll have to face off!) And then, many other dreams later, I saw that my private altar at home was a little bit ruined after I prayed the Apostles Creed. When I woke up I was like " Even God seems to be angry with everything I do. Could my life get any better?"

Why is God putting me through so much???? I'm so exhausted that I find it hard to believe He gives a good life to some, and a very hard to others.

Good morning Child,

Lovely post, and I think we can all remember back into the not too distant to be able to relate to how you're feeling.

Your post does seem to be very very down and poor you at a low ebb. Can I please ask you to get your mental health checked out, just to make sure everything's OK? It probably is but maybe you might benefit from some therapy sessions.

If you are suffering mental health issues that might explain why your friends are putting some distance between you. Perhaps it's worth reaching out to a couple of friends and opening up to them and ask for regular chats and calls. If you do and they don't, they ain't friends! How's church? I know there's a pandemic; but are you able to make friends there? Is there any pastoral support? If not, maybe a good time to look around at other churches.

Now to address your issues. If I came to you and said, 'I think God's really angry with me and I don't know why?' I like to think I'd get a socially distanced hug and reassured that there's no way God would be angry, and you had no idea why. You know that God loves you desperately, you were very expensive, you cost Him the death of His poor innocent Son who'd never sinned to die an excruciating sinner's death, just so He could reach out and call you to Him. Expensive but to God, a bargain and well worth the price! You see God needs you almost as much as you need Him.

Therefore please now get to work on repairing your relationship with God and the main way to do that is prayer. Your prayer needs to be more worship focussed than a long list of asks and requests. What has God done for you? Start with Genesis, creation, His plan for mankind, His promises, His son Jesus, His gift of the Holy Spirit, His calling you and your rescue from an awful ending that doesn't bear thinking about. Reflect back and see if you can spot interventions by God in your life. Give it all lots of thought and you'll soon find out that if you did nothing else for the rest of your life there'd not be enough time to list all of God's wonderful attributes and blessings. Start your prayers with: 'I want to thank you God for ...... ' and 'I love you dear God because you...' The praise and worship is important, God revels in the love and worship of His sons and daughters so that's where the emphasis should be. Talk to Him like He's your best friend - He is! Tell Him how you're feeling, what you like and enjoy, your dislikes, just chat and discuss any issues or problems, where you're unsure.

That said don't neglect to ask God for your daily needs and desires, Luke 11:13 but always make asking for the Holy Spirit to lead, guide and give you blessings of wisdom and insight into God's purpose and will.

Click this link from our church which is all about prayer, hopefully you'll find it useful https://www.inghamitechurch.org/Media/PlayMedia.aspx?download=file&media_id=250175&file_id=266929

If you want to chat, I'm just a PM away.

God bless you, Love

Andy

==================================

Dear Lord God,

I want to pray for dear Child. I want to pray that you'll give him/her an absolute drenching of your wonderful, lovely Holy Spirit. Give him/her a vision and experience of the wonder and glory of your amazing beauty and majesty. Leave him/her Lord in no doubt that your arms are wrapped around in a holy cuddle, protecting, providing, loving and caring. For all of that I just want to tell you dear Lord, you are truly more wonderful and incredible than I can even begin to imagine. Thank you dear God that as powerful as you are, you love each one of us with a special endearing love that knows no limits.

Thank you dear God for your love, gifts, rescue, provision, joy ... oh Lord the list is literally endless. Thank you for everything dear God.

Amen.

Sometimes life is a piglet I know.

It sounds like you are having a hard time for sure.

When it goes really bad, try and step back and laugh at how it is if you can.

I completely understand if you cannot do that at the moment but I will say for the benefit of the doubt.

The kind of thing where you are fed up and sitting on the couch staring at the wall and then a poster comes off the wall.

Proverbs is a great for learning understanding and being prudent. It gives you a spirit of wisdom and discernment. Dont skim read them but do take time over a few a day and understand their riddle.

Check out my other posts on here if you want too.

Shalom and I pray you have peace.

Staff Member
But sometimes, I feel like God is tired of me

Greetings @ChildofMary

What you feel may be very different to reality.

A few questions:

Do you have a home, a roof over your head?
Do you eat daily?
Do you have clothing?
Do you have friends?
Do you have family?

The list is endless......

Start counting your blessings.
Turn your dissatisfaction into praise.

Thank the Lord for all that you have....it's all about Him not you.

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
John 10:10

Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of His understanding.
He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might He increaseth strength.
Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall:
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Isaiah 40: 28-31

Dear Child....

I totally understand from where you are standing, you see hopelessness. I feel like that a lot. But it is in those times we have to really change our perspective to God's truth for us.

I love the scriptures shared by Fragrant Grace. They are great reminders where our true battle lies and where our true strength comes from......

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
John 10:10

Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of His understanding.
He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might He increaseth strength.
Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall:
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Isaiah 40: 28-31

Yesterday I read a devotional by Oswald Chambers and I hope you don't mind me sharing it with you... It is titled Getting into God’s Stride

Enoch walked with God… —Genesis 5:24

The true test of a person’s spiritual life and character is not what he does in the extraordinary moments of life, but what he does during the ordinary times when there is nothing tremendous or exciting happening. A person’s worth is revealed in his attitude toward the ordinary things of life when he is not under the spotlight (see John 1:35-37 and John 3:30). It is painful work to get in step with God and to keep pace with Him— it means getting your second wind spiritually. In learning to walk with God, there is always the difficulty of getting into His stride, but once we have done so, the only characteristic that exhibits itself is the very life of God Himself. The individual person is merged into a personal oneness with God, and God’s stride and His power alone are exhibited.

It is difficult to get into stride with God, because as soon as we start walking with Him we find that His pace has surpassed us before we have even taken three steps. He has different ways of doing things, and we have to be trained and disciplined in His ways. It was said of Jesus— “He will not fail nor be discouraged…” (Isaiah 42:4) because He never worked from His own individual standpoint, but always worked from the standpoint of His Father. And we must learn to do the same. Spiritual truth is learned through the atmosphere that surrounds us, not through intellectual reasoning. It is God’s Spirit that changes the atmosphere of our way of looking at things, and then things begin to be possible which before were impossible. Getting into God’s stride means nothing less than oneness with Him. It takes a long time to get there, but keep at it. Don’t give up because the pain is intense right now— get on with it, and before long you will find that you have a new vision and a new purpose.

Don't give up Child ... there is a new vision and purpose for you. You just need to .... "Stand upon the promises of God, Evoke the promises of God and Declare the promises of God. When the enemy comes against you like a flood, declare, “At this moment, God is raising up a standard against my enemy.”"

May you be strengthened and encouraged today,
Blessings,
Snowrose

LTP: Little Things Pickup

This is what it is:

When you are sitting on the couch fed up, just do very small things to pick yourself up e.g. put on your slippers, make a cup of tea, just read 3 verses of comforting scripture. Starting very small will get you back up.

Chocolate can help but dont use this as an excuse to be a little piglet lol

Spend more time with god and pray i mean really pray not no repeated prayers, pray to god like your talking to a close friend or ask someone to pray for you. you should also pray for others too.

Read the story of Job. It could be worse. Watch Jordan Peterson's hour plus long recent vid lecture. He talks about the systems of depression and the perspective in which you view the world there. Its extremely fascinating. You can find tips there. Exercise is a good idea. Diet too.

Trolling comes to mind. Tons of sayings about the God and hrart cold as ice. It definitely feels like it. The story of Job among others comes to mind. Its usually quite important to double down on your faith. I used to get pissed with God and life. For instance, we have marriage in the culture but 50% of marriages endin divorce. Moreover, 80% are initiated by women. Churches push the nonsense on guys to keep society orderly. The whole thing is very annoying.

As I get older, I still get pissed at times and even jaded but, I recognise theirs a deeper lesson God is showing me. I suspect that your depression and circumstances is that. More importantly, there's a corrective approach to undertake.

Get curious.