• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outleet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

God’s Real Pleasure

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
"Do you think that I like to see wicked people die? says the Sovereign LORD. Of course not! I want them to turn from their wicked ways and live. Ezekiel 18:24 NLT

It’s easy sometimes to look down your nose at those you consider vile sinners. It’s easy to believe they are on their way to hell and there’s nothing they can do to change that fact. In your mind, that’s justice, and God is a God of justice, right?

If you’re ever tempted to think of someone as irredeemable, take a moment to reread today’s verse (and while you’re at it, also read 1 Peter 3:8-10). Scripture clearly teaches that a man’s ability to sin will never outdo God’s ability and willingness to forgive. He has saved the worst sinners in the world, and He’ll continue to do so through the end of time.

Believers often sell God short in many areas, and that includes His compassion and mercy for sinners. He wants to save people, even those you might consider beyond His reach. Never forget that about Him, and ask Him to help you see the world with the same compassion.

Prayer: Thank You, Father, for repeatedly reminding me through Your Word that You are a merciful God who wants to forgive sin. Let me take pleasure in what gives You pleasure. Give me a heart of compassion for those who need Your forgiveness.

Loyal
2Pet 3:9; The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

1Tim 2:3; This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior,
1Tim 2:4; who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

I think the context of the verse @Christ4Ever gives is almost as important as the verse itself.

Ezek 18:24; "But when a righteous man turns away from his righteousness, commits iniquity and does according to all the abominations that a wicked man does, will he live? All his righteous deeds which he has done will not be remembered for his treachery which he has committed and his sin which he has committed; for them he will die.
Ezek 18:25; "Yet you say, 'The way of the Lord is not right.' Hear now, O house of Israel! Is My way not right? Is it not your ways that are not right?
Ezek 18:26; "When a righteous man turns away from his righteousness, commits iniquity and dies because of it, for his iniquity which he has committed he will die.
Ezek 18:27; "Again, when a wicked man turns away from his wickedness which he has committed and practices justice and righteousness, he will save his life.
Ezek 18:28; "Because he considered and turned away from all his transgressions which he had committed, he shall surely live; he shall not die.

It seems many today say God won't do this or do that, because that's not right. It was the same with the Jews a few millennia ago.
If they themselves don't know if what they are doing is right, how can they say whether what God is doing is right or not?