• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Giving Your Life Away

Staff Member
It is useless for you to work so hard from early morning until late at night, anxiously working for food to eat; for God gives rest to his loved ones. Psalm 127:2 NLT

Bible commentator Adam Clarke believes the psalmist in today’s verse is alluding to the daily and nightly watches Nehemiah instituted. He instituted them due to people’s fatigue from working too many hours a day. In any case, this passage expresses God’s desire to give plenty of rest to His loved ones.

What is your work-life balance these days? If you are in management or run your own business, you might feel like you have to burn the candle at both ends. The Bible, however, calls the transformed saint to live differently. Maybe you need to take a different position within your company, or maybe you need to change companies.

How might your family benefit if you were to do so? Would you be able to attend more soccer games, dance recitals, and school events? Would you be able to take the lead around the dinner table and facilitate a discussion over a verse of scripture?

Everyone gives his life away for something. Some do so for financial security. Others do so for folly. And still others do so for spiritual riches. Choose the latter. It will far outlast any financial riches you might accumulate.

Prayer: Lord, my family is my priority, but I confess that I don’t always live like that. Lead me as I endeavor to make changes.