• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

giving up

I'm giving up on God. I feel like something i am doing, or something i am is wrong, and keeping Him away from me. I would love more than anything to be a strong christian...dreams die. Suicidal thoughts are starting to come back to my head. I use to cut myself, and the only thing that is stopping me is getting a good ol' talking to about it, and breaking a promise... I dont know how long either of those will hold up.

Administrator
Staff Member
Reba Jesus loves you and GOD has proven this already to all that listen. I will pray for you. Please do not do anything evil to yourself nor lose faith in GOD. Who created you? Who blessed you? Who can love you more from the one that IS love Himself? Prove it to yourself that anything is worth losing faith in God and you will find nothing.

SO keep yourself up and faithful because GOD is right besides you. Remember, WE are all the cause of sins and God's grace is upon us if we repent and live in faith in Jesus' name!

Reba, you are loved and needed ! !

Hello Reba,

i do understand what you are talking about. i have been there more than once.

the only way to deal with those feelings is one day at a time talking to Yahweh The Almighty Who loves us so much that HE gave His only begotten Son Yahshua the Messiah to be our Saviour and Friend Who sticks closer than a brother.

Our Saviour taught us in His Word to pray to His Father and ours and ask in His name, what we need , because He will supply , He is our Provider,

Talk to Him daily, all day long , you may ask how can you pray without ceasing like the scriptures say,; well it is more like a constant thought pattern, always keeping your mind stayed on Him, Make Him your best Friend, tell Him what ever is on your mind, tell Him what you are doing, and how you are feeling,

Even when you feel the worst , still talk to Him, tell Him exactly how you feel, and remember that there was a time that even our Saviour asked His Father to be saved the pain and agony that He was about to face, but He loved us so much He was willing to go through it anyway,

Trust me He understands when we beg Him to kill us, to let us die, i know because i have been there, and talking to Him helped me through it all everytime, i used to feel totally useless, and very unwanted, i used to beg Him to kill me and get me out of my misery, or at other times when i was near death from being sick, i would beg Him to just let me die,

But He didn't , and i couldn't bring myself to kill myself because i knew that i can't ask Him to forgive me for doing a murder before i do it and expect to be forgiven, and if i killed myself i couldn't ask for forgiveness afterwards. So that is why i wanted Him to kill me or just let me die.

But see He has a plan and purpose for each and every one of us , even though we can't see it or understand it.

So please, talk to Him, He is the only one Who will always be there for you ! !

Administrator
Staff Member
Think of the eternal effect of being with our GOD in Heaven forever. Perfect place, no sickness, anger, frustration, sadness, hurt or anything negative at all. Just pure perfection, holiness, happiness forever and ever amen. This life is a blink of an eye compared to eternity. So keep smiling because NOTHING is worth losing faith in our GOD.

thanks you guys... All of that is deffinatly an encouragment to keep on keepin' on. I've been told to take it one day at a time, but i need to put that into practice... i take one day at a time for about 3 days then i take years at a time, and it seems hopeless lol. Some of the other reasons why i felt like quitting are getting delt with. Thank you both, i will keep you posted.

Administrator
Staff Member
God Bless you Reba. You just made me smile (and of course more importantly, GOD smile ;)

things havent been going so well. I havent cut or anything, which is good, but i feel more empty inside. Its real weird to explain, but at least i am finally getting a rest from my crazy emotions. I dont see to care anymore; about anything. I kinda messed up things with a good friend of mine. I sent her a text message saying some things to her and telling her to give up on me. She sent me a text saying she wouldnt, and neither would Jesus, and i couldnt help but feel that Jesus allready had. I kinda wish i hadnt sent her the text because now i seem to find myself forced to be different around her. I wanted to be at first, but now i am afraid of losing her as afriend. Shes a youth pastor at a local church, and shes the most wonderful person i have ever met. She is so nice, and has always been there for me, and tells me she will never stop caring about me. I feel more relaxed lately. Kinda worried about if i am falling into a depression. I spent the whole day on the couch today, and it didnt bother me. I'm not so sure its that much of a bad thing tho.

Administrator
Staff Member
You're doing fine. You're not falling into a depression. Just don't keep thinking about stuff like that. Look into the sky and think of Jesus. I've told you, others here have told you and your friend you're talking about told you that they all care about you and of course so does Jesus. He died on the cross for YOU. That is plain classic good ol' loving Truth. Cannot top that off. So, don't feel bad. Forget the text message. Your friend loves you. Forget the "emptiness" inside because Jesus loves you. Focus on GOD. Remember what Jesus did on Calvary and keep reading the Bible and praying daily as much as you can. Be grateful for salvation and not grumpy on anything else. GOD loves you and I :)

i dont feel loved my anyone. And i dont think i have a full grasp of what Jesus really did for me... shouldnt it make me happy? I am tired of living a lie

Administrator
Staff Member
Have you ever seen the movie The Passion? If you haven't, please watch it. It will be out on DVD in August. Rent it or buy it. It will give you an excellent visual of GOD's love through Jesus Christ and how much He cares for you to love Him back and to be with Him eternally.

I think you to need to just close your eyes and meditate on the pain physically Jesus went through, the fact He is GOD in human form (lowering Himself to esteem us for sake of Salvation) and the spiritual pain He went through - taking all hellish sin upon Himself to pay for YOUR sins. This applies to everyone individually.

Jesus loves you. Think about it and focus deep. Just relax your mind and keep thinking. Pray with your heart and soul in Jesus' name and you will see.

Hi reba I understand all your going through I was and sometimes still is going through those things but want you to remember all those people that love you ...and look up to you as a Christian....what would they think if you have to give up ...it would probable cause the to fall too....
but i want you to now that nothing ..not even sin can separate you from the love of Christ..it is our sin that brought our savour to this earth and his mercy and Grace endurath forever.....God love you so much that he saw you just as you are in you mom womb and died for you ....don't give up God loves you and wants to use you in a mighty way if you just hold on.....troubles may endure for a night but joy comes in the morning......I want you to remember these scripture...
Romans8:35, 37Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 37Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

Administrator
Staff Member
Reba how is everything? I hope all is well.

Jesus loves you so much. When you have faith in our Lord Christ He certainly smiles :)

Re: Reba, you are loved and needed ! !

OneHeart4Jesus said:
Hello Reba,

i do understand what you are talking about. i have been there more than once.

the only way to deal with those feelings is one day at a time talking to Yahweh The Almighty Who loves us so much that HE gave His only begotten Son Yahshua the Messiah to be our Saviour and Friend Who sticks closer than a brother.

Our Saviour taught us in His Word to pray to His Father and ours and ask in His name, what we need , because He will supply , He is our Provider,

Talk to Him daily, all day long , you may ask how can you pray without ceasing like the scriptures say,; well it is more like a constant thought pattern, always keeping your mind stayed on Him, Make Him your best Friend, tell Him what ever is on your mind, tell Him what you are doing, and how you are feeling,

Even when you feel the worst , still talk to Him, tell Him exactly how you feel, and remember that there was a time that even our Saviour asked His Father to be saved the pain and agony that He was about to face, but He loved us so much He was willing to go through it anyway,

Trust me He understands when we beg Him to kill us, to let us die, i know because i have been there, and talking to Him helped me through it all everytime, i used to feel totally useless, and very unwanted, i used to beg Him to kill me and get me out of my misery, or at other times when i was near death from being sick, i would beg Him to just let me die,

But He didn't , and i couldn't bring myself to kill myself because i knew that i can't ask Him to forgive me for doing a murder before i do it and expect to be forgiven, and if i killed myself i couldn't ask for forgiveness afterwards. So that is why i wanted Him to kill me or just let me die.

But see He has a plan and purpose for each and every one of us , even though we can't see it or understand it.

So please, talk to Him, He is the only one Who will always be there for you ! !

Hi. I am doing sorta better. I dont desire to cut anymore, to take away the mental pain, but now, when i do feel like cutting, its because i almost kinda want to stab my friends in the back. I've been told before that if i keep coming to people for problems, eventually they will get tired of listening and not want to talk to me. Thats part of the reason i have been pushing my good friends away. The ones i really talk to and trust. I still hang with them and stuff, but i dont talk to them about my problems anymore. I mean hey, wouldnt it make them happy to see me happy? I know that Christians are supposed to carry each others burdens and stuff, but these are christians who are telling me that people will get bothered by me. Also, i like negative attention, and sometimes if i feel like i need to, i can make it obvious that somethings wrong, and say nothing is, so people make a fuss. I dont like that i do that, but its kinda a bad habit. I've been starting to do my devotionals with a friend of mine, and me and that same girl are starting up a small group type deal for my church for all the girls. We can all get together, and talk about whats going on in our lives. I believe that with me doing my devos, it will make me stronger in the Lord, but i have such a desire to slack off and not do them.Its really cool that you guys are here to talk to me and encourage me. I can be completly honest with all of you, because theres really nothing you can do to hurt me. You cant tell my parents, or make me get counseling, or ignore me when i walk by and say hi. If i dont get replys to things on here as fast as i think, i make up excuses for you all. lol.

So this is my delema. Negative attention is bad right? I try to get it all the time, by doing alot of different things. I also get it when i ask people for help. So if i want to stop getting that negative attention, i need to stop asking for help. If i stop asking for help, i believe i will turn back to cutting. Another reason i cant turn for people i know for help is because they will tell my parents. Which bites, cause i dont want them to know. If it comes down to the fact that no matter what, i cant tell anyone i am still having issues because they will tell my parents, then i might as well cut, and not tell them. I stopped doing my devos, and thats sucks. I wish i could talk to my youth pastors wife. I want to do the journel thing here, but i think it might just be another way for me to get attention..... bad thing. any input?

Administrator
Staff Member
Reba, good to see you here. Let me tell you something, attention for help is GREAT! There is nothing wrong with getting attention for help because Jesus showed that we should build each other up. Post in the journal section, let others read and they will pray for you. Post in the prayer request and be faithful 100% in the name of Jesus that your prayers are and will be heard, answered.

God Bless

:rose: Dear Reba, The advice you got from Chad,One Heart4Jesus and Hallelujah are very much sound advice. I hope the eyes of your heart have giving you understanding. Heart understanding,brings knowledge to the mind. God is the author of a sound mind. satin wontes to destory our minds.We are victoryous in Jesus. Laugh at the divel ,tell him who you are in Jesus and that he has no hold on you....Amen.

I do understand how huirtful life can be, and I'm not in a very good situation myself, but I know that God Loves me! So I keep asking him for help to do whatever I have to do. Don't ever forget God's unconditional love for us his children! Ask him for help, if need be over and over and over! until you feel a difference! God loves you!!!
trytry

reba, you must ask your self one question, and you must ask it from the bottom of your heart, why are you giving up on god? you know that god is full of grace and wonder, and that he will never give up on you. i would like yo chat with you live, and to let you do so, here is my msn messenger name: It_Is_Him7@hotmail.com. please talk to me someday, because i don't even know you, but my heart goes out for you. please consider this, please,please,please!

Well, it has been a long time since i have been here. Things got soo much better, i cant even explain it. Cept lately its come back, and here i am fighting off cutting. I rather not talk about it in here, but if someone happens to be reading this now, I would appriciate it if they sent me a message or something. Sleep seems to help. The next time i get a chance, i will let yuns know how much better things have gotten.