• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Giving it all to the Lord

Staff Member
Commit your works to the LORD, And your thoughts will be established. Proverbs 16:3 NKJV

If you’re a father, you know that somewhere between infancy and toddlerhood, children (especially boys) go through that stage where they want to assert their independence from Mom and Dad. It’s during this time when kids often make what any adult understands are foolish decisions—lots of foolish decisions.

Really, though, there’s a lot of that in most of us Christian men. We speak the words of trust in God, but there is still a streak of independence in all of us that shows itself when it’s time to make our plans. Rather than committing our plans to God, it’s easy to charge ahead, just assuming that God is behind what we want to do.

But that’s a highly risky way to live!

Today’s verse tells us that it’s wise to trust God enough with our plans to bring them to Him before moving forward. We can do that because we know that God is good and trustworthy…and that He wants the very best for us in this life.

Prayer: Lord, I confess that there are times when I want to run out ahead of You, when I want to move forward with my own plans before bringing them to You. Help me to trust You enough to bring my plans to You so that You can either bless them or change them.

Active
Commit your works to the LORD, And your thoughts will be established. Proverbs 16:3 NKJV

If you’re a father, you know that somewhere between infancy and toddlerhood, children (especially boys) go through that stage where they want to assert their independence from Mom and Dad. It’s during this time when kids often make what any adult understands are foolish decisions—lots of Sfoolish decisions.

Really, though, there’s a lot of that in most of us Christian men. We speak the words of trust in God, but there is still a streak of independence in all of us that shows itself when it’s time to make our plans. Rather than committing our plans to God, it’s easy to charge ahead, just assuming that God is behind what we want to do.

But that’s a highly risky way to live!

Today’s verse tells us that it’s wise to trust God enough with our plans to bring them to Him before moving forward. We can do that because we know that God is good and trustworthy…and that He wants the very best for us in this life.

Prayer: Lord, I confess that there are times when I want to run out ahead of You, when I want to move forward with my own plans before bringing them to You. Help me to trust You enough to bring my plans to You so that You can either bless them or change them.
That's one area I've always had trouble with....Still do....Almost makes me wonder if I'll have that problem in heaven...o_O That's a thing a boy needs to learn at home with his parents....but I never could trust my parents....for anything