• Hi Guest!

I've added a brand new "Night Mode" option to our site design. I'd greatly appreciate your vote on this poll here.

To switch to night mode (or back to light/default theme) simply scroll all the way down to the footer and click on the style chooser.

Thank you.

Giants - Did God create them?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:15)

Loyal Member
Since this thread is about "Giants" here is a quote from the book of Enoch

"And they (human women) became pregnant, and they bare great giants, whose height was three thousand ells" (Enoch 7:2)

One "ell" is equivalent to 1 cubit, which is about 18 inches. That would make these giants to be 4,500 feet tall!!!
Maybe the translator made a mistake so that these giants would only be 300 ells. That would make these giants to be 450 feet tall.
For perspective Goliath was 9 feet 6 inches tall, and he was considered a giant.

Loyal Member

"And they (human women) became pregnant, and they bare great giants, whose height was three thousand ells" (Enoch 7:2)

One "ell" is equivalent to 1 cubit, which is about 18 inches. That would make these giants to be 4,500 feet tall!!!
Maybe the translator made a mistake so that these giants would only be 300 ells. That would make these giants to be 450 feet tall.
For perspective Goliath was 9 feet 6 inches tall, and he was considered a giant.
Anyone who wants something to be false, will find any reason whatsoever to try and make it so. How big is a blue whale Curtis?

Loyal Member
Anyone who wants something to be false, will find any reason whatsoever to try and make it so. How big is a blue whale Curtis?
I would say if the writer's of the book of Enoch wanted people believe them, they should have at least used numbers (as in size) to be believable.

Last edited:
Loyal Member

Curtis Note that the book said they grew to 3000 ells...Some but not all.
There is a cat called a Liger, you've probably heard of that animal. Its a hybrid between a female tiger and a male lion. It grows all its life. Unfortunately for the liger, it collapses under its own weight and dies. It is a product of genetic games played by stupid scientists for circuses and such. The giants too, lacked the growth contoling mechanism as does the liger. They grew all their lives. Can I prove that? No. But growing to even 450 feet would not occur in a month or year would it?

Loyal Member
Curtis Note that the book said they grew to 3000 ells...Some but not all.
There is a cat called a Liger, you've probably heard of that animal. Its a hybrid between a female tiger and a male lion. It grows all its life. Unfortunately for the liger, it collapses under its own weight and dies. It is a product of genetic games played by stupid scientists for circuses and such. The giants too, lacked the growth contoling mechanism as does the liger. They grew all their lives. Can I prove that? No. But growing to even 450 feet would not occur in a month or year would it?
The problem is the book of Enoch said their height was 3000 ells which is 4,500 feet not 450 feet. Even 1,000 double cheese burgers would not satisfy someone that big. :smile:
I have not read nor do I desire to even have the book of Enoch in my collections of books, but if I did I could definitely find many many more teachings that are false compared to the Holy Word of God. There is a reason why the book of Enoch is not in the Bible, and this is just one out of many.

Loyal Member
The problem is the book of Enoch said their height was 3000 ells which is 4,500 feet not 450 feet. Even 1,000 double cheese burgers would not satisfy someone that big. :smile:
I have not read nor do I desire to even have the book of Enoch in my collections of books, but if I did I could definitely find many many more teachings that are false compared to the Holy Word of God. There is a reason why the book of Enoch is not in the Bible, and this is just one out of many.
So a giant lives for hundreds of years, never stops growing....what does he eat? People! A renewable resource.

Loyal Member
The tallest man ever recorded in the Bible was King Og, he was 13.5 feet tall. (Nine cubits)

Deu 3:11 (For only Og the king of Bashan was left of the remnant of the Rephaim. Behold, his bed was a bed of iron. Is it not in Rabbah of the Ammonites? Nine cubits was its length, and four cubits its breadth, according to the common cubit.)

Loyal Member
The tallest man ever recorded in the Bible was King Og, he was 13.5 feet tall. (Nine cubits)

Deu 3:11 (For only Og the king of Bashan was left of the remnant of the Rephaim. Behold, his bed was a bed of iron. Is it not in Rabbah of the Ammonites? Nine cubits was its length, and four cubits its breadth, according to the common cubit.)
Yes.

Loyal Member
I would say if the writer's of the book of Enoch wanted people believe them, they should have at least used numbers (as in size) to be believable.
Where did you think the term, "head in the clouds" came from, LOL, all I can tell you is, like many of the miracles of scripture are just as impossible according to known science, there must be a way. As Bendito said, the giants began using humans as cattle, just so they could be fed. Now you know where the tale of the cyclops eating humans come from. As to the math, I would guess that ells is a different measurement than you think, or its a spiritual size, couldnt tell you what but I know what the Holy Spirit tells me. It didnt tell me the math, just said it was true.

Loyal Member
Where did you think the term, "head in the clouds" came from, LOL, all I can tell you is, like many of the miracles of scripture are just as impossible according to known science, there must be a way. As Bendito said, the giants began using humans as cattle, just so they could be fed. Now you know where the tale of the cyclops eating humans come from. As to the math, I would guess that ells is a different measurement than you think, or its a spiritual size, couldnt tell you what but I know what the Holy Spirit tells me. It didnt tell me the math, just said it was true.
LOL. The 'indigenous peoples call/ called them the cloud eaters

Loyal Member
Did you notice that the "Nephilim" were already in the world before the "sons of god" came in to the daughters of men?
absolutely yes. Was Lucifer already a fallen angel in the Garden of Eden? Yes he was so, were all the angles that followed him.

2Pe 2:4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;
Which fallen angels...All of them? Ot the 200 leaders? Do you really know? Or are you making some big assumptions here?

Again....The bible does not say the giants were in the Earth before the 'sons of God' stole human women. So you ARE making assumptions! Aha!

Loyal Member
Did you guys every resolve the debate over the timeline with the fall of Satan and the fallen angels?

I was enjoying reading the back and forth on that.

Please continue. I look forward to seeing where it leads. God Bless.

Loyal Member
Did you guys every resolve the debate over the timeline with the fall of Satan and the fallen angels?

I was enjoying reading the back and forth on that.

Please continue. I look forward to seeing where it leads. God Bless.
LOL The young Earthers have a problem with that. Satan and his cronies were cast to Earth a loooooong time before Adam yet the young Earthers have to say that Satan was cast to Earth in the week Adam was 'born'. because he was in the garden. Us old Earthers say that Satan was cast to Earth maybe millions of years previous to Adam and he was the cause or the reason thatthe Earth became without form and void. Seriously though, its not important to our salvation, at this point, but it is fun to discuss.

One has to be aware of Gods over all plan of salvation has three world ages to it. Not three separate worlds but three separate dispensations of time. Like Curtis mentioned about that 1/3 that followed Satan during Satans attempted take over or over throw. This happened before the Garden of Eden. This period of time was known as the first world age. We were all there, not in these flesh bodies we are in now, but a body just like those of the sons of God that came down and seduced the daughters of Adam. They only went after the daughters of Adam. You wonder why only the daughters of Adam? Satan knew that the one that would bruise his head, Jesus Christ, would come from the seed line of Adam and Eve, not the men or women created on the sixth day. He was trying to stop his head from being bruised. Yes, Adam and Eve were a special man and woman, from their seed line would come the Christ. Just makes sense that God would have a special man and woman for the Christ to come into the world.

In the first world age all of God’s children were referred to as sons of God. The children were not in flesh bodies but the finer angelical body. There was not marriage and giving in marriage. There was not birthing of children. The marriage and giving in marriage, the birthing of children only came about in this second world age. The age we are living in at the present. This flesh age. In this second world we live in, it was God’s law that no one be here on earth UNLESS THEY COME THROUGH THE WOMB OF WOMAN. That’s what infuriated God about the sons of God/fallen angles that came down heaven and seduce the daughters of Adam. They didn’t come through the womb of woman. They figured out how to get from there to here on earth without being born through woman. They had total recollection of the world that was/first world age. When we came through that womb of woman we were totally innocent without any rememberence of the first world age or the world that was, we knew nothing. The only thing we knew when we popped through that womb was to catch that first breath of air and then begin that long road of learning to deal with life.

The book of Enoch does have merit in true that back up the others books of the Bible. Everyone knows what manna is, it’s angels food. The children that wondered in the wilderness ate manna. Shows you how close these flesh body are to the angelic body. They both can live off the same food. A angelic body can impregnate a flesh body but it’s unnatural in that it produces unnatural offspring, like the giants, the six finger people and other unnatural mutations. Satan was trying to destroy that perfect seed line God set in place for the coming of Christ so that He would be born a misfit, something much less than what God had intended. God straighten it all back up with the event of Noah’s flood. The fallen angels had done such an complete job of tainting the seed line of Adam and Eve that only eight pure seed line men and women were left upon the earth, that was Noah and his family. Only eight pure Adamic soul were here on earth.

There was not mommy’s and Daddies in the first world age, all God’s children were referred to as sons of God. Not sure but I don’t think there was a female, a womb for the birthing of children on earth. We all lived in the first world age. Ours souls were housed in a angelical body instead of the flesh body during the first world age. The same souls that God created in the very beginning in the first world age, are the same souls that live in these flesh bodies in this second world age. When God destroyed the first world He didn’t destroy the souls/spirits of his children, He just put them in a flesh body, one at a time here on earth through the birthing to begin that learning process of salvation.

There is one more earth age coming up in the near future. Signs would indicate its really not that far away. It’s known as the third world age, also known as the Lords Day, also known as the millennium. That one thousand period of time where nothing but truth will be taught. There’s not going to be this religion and that religion. There will be just the cold hard truth of God being taught. At the end of this one thousand year period is the GREAT WHITE THRONE JUDGEMENT. Those that past the test at this point move into the eternity to live forever and ever with the Lord. The that don’t pass the test are done away with to the point of, not even their remembrance survives.

We are getting ready to see two supernatural being/entities show up here on earth, both will claim to be Jesus Christ. The big test for each and everyone still living in these flesh bodies at this time is, do you know which one is the true Christ. If one bows their knee to the wrong Christ, at that time, it’s one thousand years of millinium boot camp for that person. It’s a thousand years later before one gets the chance to redeem themselves unto Christ and move into the eternity. We live in a very interesting and exciting time for Christians. The disciples wanted to live in this day and age to make that stand against anti christ for the fulfillment of Gods plan. We are the lucky one that get to be delivered up before anti christ to make that final stand for a testimony for God Almightys greatness.

Loyal Member
LOL The young Earthers have a problem with that. Satan and his cronies were cast to Earth a loooooong time before Adam yet the young Earthers have to say that Satan was cast to Earth in the week Adam was 'born'. because he was in the garden. Us old Earthers say that Satan was cast to Earth maybe millions of years previous to Adam and he was the cause or the reason thatthe Earth became without form and void.
One has to be aware of Gods over all plan of salvation has three world ages to it. Not three separate worlds but three separate dispensations of time. Like Curtis mentioned about that 1/3 that followed Satan during Satans attempted take over or over throw. This happened before the Garden of Eden. This period of time was known as the first world age. We were all there, not in these flesh bodies we are in now, but a body just like those of the sons of God that came down and seduced the daughters of Adam. They only went after the daughters of Adam. You wonder why only the daughters of Adam? Satan knew that the one that would bruise his head, Jesus Christ, would come from the seed line of Adam and Eve, not the men or women created on the sixth day. He was trying to stop his head from being bruised. Yes, Adam and Eve were a special man and woman, from their seed line would come the Christ. Just makes sense that God would have a special man and woman for the Christ to come into the world.

In the first world age all of God’s children were referred to as sons of God. The children were not in flesh bodies but the finer angelical body. There was not marriage and giving in marriage. There was not birthing of children. The marriage and giving in marriage, the birthing of children only came about in this second world age. The age we are living in at the present. This flesh age. In this second world we live in, it was God’s law that no one be here on earth UNLESS THEY COME THROUGH THE WOMB OF WOMAN. That’s what infuriated God about the sons of God/fallen angles that came down heaven and seduce the daughters of Adam. They didn’t come through the womb of woman. They figured out how to get from there to here on earth without being born through woman. They had total recollection of the world that was/first world age. When we came through that womb of woman we were totally innocent without any rememberence of the first world age or the world that was, we knew nothing. The only thing we knew when we popped through that womb was to catch that first breath of air and then begin that long road of learning to deal with life.

The book of Enoch does have merit in true that back up the others books of the Bible. Everyone knows what manna is, it’s angels food. The children that wondered in the wilderness ate manna. Shows you how close these flesh body are to the angelic body. They both can live off the same food. A angelic body can impregnate a flesh body but it’s unnatural in that it produces unnatural offspring, like the giants, the six finger people and other unnatural mutations. Satan was trying to destroy that perfect seed line God set in place for the coming of Christ so that He would be born a misfit, something much less than what God had intended. God straighten it all back up with the event of Noah’s flood. The fallen angels had done such an complete job of tainting the seed line of Adam and Eve that only eight pure seed line men and women were left upon the earth, that was Noah and his family. Only eight pure Adamic soul were here on earth.

There was not mommy’s and Daddies in the first world age, all God’s children were referred to as sons of God. Not sure but I don’t think there was a female, a womb for the birthing of children on earth. We all lived in the first world age. Ours souls were housed in a angelical body instead of the flesh body during the first world age. The same souls that God created in the very beginning in the first world age, are the same souls that live in these flesh bodies in this second world age. When God destroyed the first world He didn’t destroy the souls/spirits of his children, He just put them in a flesh body, one at a time here on earth through the birthing to begin that learning process of salvation.

There is one more earth age coming up in the near future. Signs would indicate its really not that far away. It’s known as the third world age, also known as the Lords Day, also known as the millennium. That one thousand period of time where nothing but truth will be taught. There’s not going to be this religion and that religion. There will be just the cold hard truth of God being taught. At the end of this one thousand year period is the GREAT WHITE THRONE JUDGEMENT. Those that past the test at this point move into the eternity to live forever and ever with the Lord. The that don’t pass the test are done away with to the point of, not even their remembrance survives.We are getting ready to see two supernatural being/entities show up here on earth, both will claim to be Jesus Christ. The big test for each and everyone still living in these flesh bodies at this time is, do you know which one is the true Christ. If one bows their knee to the wrong Christ, at that time, it’s one thousand years of millinium boot camp for that person. It’s a thousand years later before one gets the chance to redeem themselves unto Christ and move into the eternity. We live in a very interesting and exciting time for Christians. The disciples wanted to live in this day and age to make that stand against anti christ for the fulfillment of Gods plan. We are the lucky one that get to be delivered up before anti christ to make that final stand for a testimony for God Almightys greatness.
You could have begun this with "Once upon a time...,or Long long ago and far far away.... Because you have NO source for this soliloquy.
Firstly; mankind did not exist in heaven or anywhere else before God make Adam from the dust of the Earth. You can see where God planned and made man in
Genesis 1:26-27

26 Then God said, “Let us make humankind in our image, in the likeness of ourselves; and let them rule over the fish in the sea, the birds in the air, the animals, and over all the earth, and over every crawling creature that crawls on the earth.”

27 So God created humankind in his own image; in the image of God he created him: male and female he created them. You've based your whole hypothesis on fiction. Then; mankind was not called the sons of God until we were born again and then only the ones that are born again are called that. The rest of humanity, those who are not born again are children of the devil. John 8:44

Manna is angel food? The word itself simply means "What is it?" Yet you've defined it.
You've got mankind existing in heaven, before we were made. You've got Satan knowing what would happen thousands of years in the future, Satan does NOT know the future. He can see only a little farther into the future than we can. Satan lives inside of time just as we do so he cannot see outside of time.
No.....I'm sorry....You'll have to start again on an argument or explanation, and leave imagination out of it. We only want the truth here.

It was an interesting read though. Good for entertainment purposes.

I don't think all versions of the book of Enoch agree on that translation.

That is, I think there are manuscripts of the book of Enoch with a different (much smaller!) number for the height.

Loyal Member
I don't think all versions of the book of Enoch agree on that translation.

That is, I think there are manuscripts of the book of Enoch with a different (much smaller!) number for the height.
The giants lacked the growth controling mechanism, whatever that's called, so the older they got, the more they ate, the larger they grew. Scary!

The giants lacked the growth controling mechanism, whatever that's called, so the older they got, the more they ate, the larger they grew. Scary!
Their genetics was evidently partly human and partly angelic. So yes, creatures came upon the earth which should never have existed.

I doubt they were thousands of feet tall, though! Thus, I favor the versions of the book of Enoch which do not have the REALLY HARD TO BELIEVE height in the thousands of feet.

Also interesting that there appears to be some evidence that the pre-flood giants were much taller than the post-flood giants...

So, the giant(s) encountered by David was evidently pretty small compared to pre-flood giants....

Hi! Can you tell me what portions of Enoch you believe are unbiblical?

I've skimmed through it, and didn't find much at all in the way of problems....

Thanks!

[QUOTE="B-A-C, post: 311597, member: 16754"] Usually this passage in Genesis is given on where the giants came from.

Gen 6:2; that the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves, whomever they chose.
Gen 6:3; Then the LORD said, "My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, because he also is flesh; nevertheless his days shall be one hundred and twenty years."
Gen 6:4; The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.

The wording here is interesting, sons... "of God", and .. daughters... "of men". Why doesn't it says "sons of men" here? [/QUOTE]

Because Seth's lineage was the only godly lineage that replaced Abel. All other lineages from Adam were not signified as the godly lineage from which Israel is related to in regards to their family tree.

Look at how the sons of God were identified by bloodlines and then by Judaism before the Good News came .

Luke 3:38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Quite often in the Bible, especially the old testament, the phrase "sons of God" means angels. ( Job 1:6; Job 2:1; for example )
That is incorrect. If you discern with Him in seeing how in BOTH of those references, Job was singled out from among the "sons of God", you would know they were not angels at all. Sons of God was a reference to Israel's family tree.

Some people say this means "believing Jews" had sex with unbelieving Gentile women, this is unlikely because this happened many times in the Bible,
but it doesn't mention any of them having "giant" off-spring.

So if this isn't where the giants came from... where did they come from?
If you read Genesis 5th chapter at the lengevity of the godly lineage of Seth and how near the time of the flood, God made a judgment of shortening man's lifespan to 120 years old, you can bet other losses were on the way for the descendents.

One other thing about angels, is there really aren't any female angels mentioned in the Bible (or even in the book of Enoch)
The Book of Enoch is a fraud; plagiarizing together sound words from accepted scripture to mix it in with nonsense ought to be a given.

If I recall correctly, it was in Enoch 18th chapter that implied that certain parts of creation did not come forth when God commanded them to and they were being punished in some part of Heaven above. This is why Enoch is not accepted as scripture because it runs against the scripture in the accepted Bible.

Isaiah 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

To accept Enoch as scripture is to believe that God is lying in Isaiah 55: 11 when He said it shall not return unto me void.

Plus.. Jesus said this:

Matthew 22:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God. 30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

Mark 12:24 And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God? 25 For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven.

Luke 20:34 And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage: 35 But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage: 36 Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.

That is 3 times Jesus has been referenced in 3 different gospel signifying that only those children of the world can marry whereas angels are not marrying so how can sons of God be angels, or even fallen angels when they are not "children" of this world?

So those who believe otherwise have a conundrum because in His words, it was written that the sons of God took wives unto them; but if they were angels, God would not join the 2 together in participating in their sins, and neither would God join fallen angels to call them the "sons of God" in His words and yet again to marry them to have "wives" as stated in His words.

Since no lie can be of the truth, that is why the Apocrypha is not considered scripture and certainly we can understand why the lost books like the Book of Enoch should never be considered scriptured.

1 John 2:20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things. 21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.