• Hi Guest!

I've added a brand new "Night Mode" option to our site design. I'd greatly appreciate your vote on this poll here.

To switch to night mode (or back to light/default theme) simply scroll all the way down to the footer and click on the style chooser.

Thank you.

Giants - Did God create them?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:15)

Loyal Member
Usually this passage in Genesis is given on where the giants came from.

Gen 6:2; that the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves, whomever they chose.
Gen 6:3; Then the LORD said, "My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, because he also is flesh; nevertheless his days shall be one hundred and twenty years."
Gen 6:4; The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.

The wording here is interesting, sons... "of God", and .. daughters... "of men". Why doesn't it says "sons of men" here?
Quite often in the Bible, especially the old testament, the phrase "sons of God" means angels. ( Job 1:6; Job 2:1; for example )
Some people say this means "believing Jews" had sex with unbelieving Gentile women, this is unlikely because this happened many times in the Bible,
but it doesn't mention any of them having "giant" off-spring.

So if this isn't where the giants came from... where did they come from?

Warning -- the passage below is NOT in the canonized Bible. It is from the book of Enoch.

Enoch 6:1; And it came to pass when the children of men had multiplied that in those days were born unto them beautiful and comely daughters.
Enoch 6:2; And the angels, the children of the heaven, saw and lusted after them, and said to one another: 'Come, let us choose us wives from among the children of men and beget us children.'
Enoch 6:3; And Semjâzâ, who was their leader, said unto them: 'I fear ye will not indeed agree to do this deed, and I alone shall have to pay the penalty of a great sin.'
Enoch 6:4; And they all answered him and said: 'Let us all swear an oath, and all bind ourselves by mutual imprecations not to abandon this plan but to do this thing.'

Now I personally take this with a grain of salt, because it doesn't come from the Bible, but it is remarkably similar to the passage in Genesis 6 above.

Enoch 7:1; And all the others together with them took unto themselves wives, and each chose for himself one, and they began to go in unto them and to defile themselves with them, and they taught them charms and enchantments, and the cutting of roots, and made them acquainted with plants.
Enoch 7:2; And they became pregnant, and they bare great giants, whose height was three thousand ells:
Enoch 7:3; Who consumed all the acquisitions of men. And when men could no longer sustain them,
Enoch 7:4; the giants turned against them and devoured mankind.

However, there are some verses in the Bible that do lend some credibility to this.

Jude 1:6; And angels who did not keep their own domain, but abandoned their proper abode, He has kept in eternal bonds under darkness for the judgment of the great day,
Jude 1:7; just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire.

These angels mentioned by Jude, (thought to be the brother of Jesus) "went after strange flesh". They are compared to the people of Sodom and Gomorrah.
Who's sin was also of a sexual nature. How could an angel go after the flesh?

Now there are verses like Matt 22:30; and Mark 12:25; that says the angels "in heaven" do not marry. Some people take this to mean they are uable to have sex,
but the Bible doesn't say that anywhere. Now while the angels in heaven don't marry, what about the angels that came to earth with Satan?

One other thing about angels, is there really aren't any female angels mentioned in the Bible (or even in the book of Enoch).

Loyal Member
Ever since God told the "serpent" that the "seed" of the woman would bruise his head, the devil has ever since then tried to "corrupt" the blood line in which the "seed" would come.

Loyal Member
Gen 6:4; The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.
Did you notice that the "Nephilim" were already in the world before the "sons of god" came in to the daughters of men?

Loyal Member
Usually this passage in Genesis is given on where the giants came from.

Gen 6:2; that the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves, whomever they chose.
Gen 6:3; Then the LORD said, "My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, because he also is flesh; nevertheless his days shall be one hundred and twenty years."

The wording here is interesting, sons... "of God", and .. daughters... "of men". Why doesn't it says "sons of men" here?
Quite often in the Bible, especially the old testament, the phrase "sons of God" means angels. ( Job 1:6; Job 2:1; for example )
Some people say this means "believing Jews" had sex with unbelieving Gentile women, this is unlikely because this happened many times in the Bible,
but it doesn't mention any of them having "giant" off-spring.

So if this isn't where the giants came from... where did they come from?

Warning -- the passage below is NOT in the canonized Bible. It is from the book of Enoch.

Enoch 6:1; And it came to pass when the children of men had multiplied that in those days were born unto them beautiful and comely daughters.
Enoch 6:2; And the angels, the children of the heaven, saw and lusted after them, and said to one another: 'Come, let us choose us wives from among the children of men and beget us children.'
Enoch 6:3; And Semjâzâ, who was their leader, said unto them: 'I fear ye will not indeed agree to do this deed, and I alone shall have to pay the penalty of a great sin.'
Enoch 6:4; And they all answered him and said: 'Let us all swear an oath, and all bind ourselves by mutual imprecations not to abandon this plan but to do this thing.'

Now I personally take this with a grain of salt, because it doesn't come from the Bible, but it is remarkably similar to the passage in Genesis 6 above.

Enoch 7:1; And all the others together with them took unto themselves wives, and each chose for himself one, and they began to go in unto them and to defile themselves with them, and they taught them charms and enchantments, and the cutting of roots, and made them acquainted with plants.
Enoch 7:2; And they became pregnant, and they bare great giants, whose height was three thousand ells:
Enoch 7:3; Who consumed all the acquisitions of men. And when men could no longer sustain them,
Enoch 7:4; the giants turned against them and devoured mankind.

However, there are some verses in the Bible that do lend some credibility to this.

Jude 1:6; And angels who did not keep their own domain, but abandoned their proper abode, He has kept in eternal bonds under darkness for the judgment of the great day,
Jude 1:7; just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire.

These angels mentioned by Jude, (thought to be the brother of Jesus) "went after strange flesh". They are compared to the people of Sodom and Gomorrah.
Who's sin was also of a sexual nature. How could an angel go after the flesh?

Now there are verses like Matt 22:30; and Mark 12:25; that says the angels "in heaven" do not marry. Some people take this to mean they are uable to have sex,
but the Bible doesn't say that anywhere. Now while the angels in heaven don't marry, what about the angels that came to earth with Satan?

One other thing about angels, is there really aren't any female angels mentioned in the Bible (or even in the book of Enoch).
But you do know, of course, that the Book of Enoch WAS a part of the bible for the first eight hundred years of church history, The Romanist church had it taken out because it put lie to some of it's doctrines.

Loyal Member
Did you notice that the "Nephilim" were already in the world before the "sons of god" came in to the daughters of men?
The bible does not say 'before' the angels kidnapped and raped the women. It says they were there in those days. In addition to which....the verses mentioned giants....not all the Nephilim.

Loyal Member
There were the first generation of Nephilim which were the product of fallen angels and human women, and a pure assumption that they were the strongest, and then the children of the Nephilim, which were also Nephilim but watered down so to speak by repeated human dilution.

Loyal Member
There were the first generation of Nephilim which were the product of fallen angels and human women, and a pure assumption that they were the strongest, and then the children of the Nephilim, which were also Nephilim but watered down so to speak by repeated human dilution.
Actually Brad...The Nephilim were the offspring of the fallen ones. But the Nephilim were not only giants...

Loyal Member
There is no scripture anywhere in the bible that says "fallen" angels can take on their own physical body.
It has been shown in scripture that regular angels can take on physical bodies. Do you want scriptures to prove that, or do you only assume fallen angels can't?

Loyal Member
It has been shown in scripture that regular angels can take on physical bodies. Do you want scriptures to prove that, or do you only assume fallen angels can't?
There are no scriptures that say a "fallen" angel can take on any physical body. Fallen angles are not Holy angels. All fallen angels have been cast down into everlasting chains of darkness. The only body they can take on is someone else's body that is not there's. Do you think a fallen angel would want to dwell in a pig instead of it's own body if they could?

Loyal Member
So you think God took those powers away from the fallen angels then before they could procreate, huh Curtis?
absolutely yes. Was Lucifer already a fallen angel in the Garden of Eden? Yes he was so, were all the angles that followed him.

2Pe 2:4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

Loyal Member
absolutely yes. Was Lucifer already a fallen angel in the Garden of Eden? Yes he was so, were all the angles that followed him.

2Pe 2:4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;
Indeed He did cast them down into the pit. But God doesnt punish people or angels before they sin, just like He didnt punish Adam and Eve before they ate of the fruit. So what makes you think that some angels didnt do anything to deserve punishment until long after the fall of man?

Loyal Member
Indeed He did cast them down into the pit. But God doesnt punish people or angels before they sin, just like He didnt punish Adam and Eve before they ate of the fruit. So what makes you think that some angels didnt do anything to deserve punishment until long after the fall of man?
They had already sinned when Lucifer tried to ascend his throne above God along with 1/3 of all the angels that followed him, way before the Garden of Eden event. Which is why the scripture says.......

God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell......

Loyal Member
They had already sinned when Lucifer tried to ascend his throne above God along with 1/3 of all the angels that followed him, way before the Garden of Eden event. Which is why the scripture says.......

God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell......
Again, might you show the timeline of when this happened in scripture of course to prove your point?

Loyal Member
Again, might you show the timeline of when this happened in scripture of course to prove your point?
Rev 12:9 And the huge dragon was cast down and out--that age-old serpent, who is called the Devil and Satan, he who is the seducer (deceiver) of all humanity the world over; he was forced out and down to the earth, and his angels were flung out along with him.(AMP)

Gen 3:1 NOW THE serpent was more subtle and crafty than any living creature of the field which the Lord God had made. And he [Satan] said to the woman, Can it really be that God has said, You shall not eat from every tree of the garden? (AMP)

The serpent was cast down to the earth along with ALL his angels. The serpent tempted Adam, and Eve in the garden of Eden in the beginning.

1Jn 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Loyal Member
I just want to put my thoughts on this ''out there''.

There are angels, there are men and then there are woman. There are three creations. Sure Gen 1:27 says woman are a part of mankind, so not suggesting they are not . We just have to acknowledge that God created... Adam. Then God created Eve out of his rib.

A man desires literally everything about a woman. They are an absolute pleasure to have around. Woman are a creation of beauty in every aspect. Attractive, sweet smelling, soft voice, emotional, caring, patient. Even the non-Christian ones. It is in a woman's DNA to be motherly and make for an excellent companion to a man. They are never seen as 'invading our space'. The bible says it best when it says ''He who finds a wife finds a good thing'' Prov 18:22. Point is men want woman. Every part of us feels like we have to have one. I have dated and wanted to date a girl since the age of 15.

I want to make it crystal clear that God's design of a woman was for them to be very desirable. It is thus expected that angels, created a little above men Heb 2:7, desire to be with them too. It really should come as no surprise. I am not talking about sex either. Just having a girl close by is sweet and nice. Angels want that ''power trip''. They want that feeling men have when woman are around. It is very hard to explain. I believe there is a lot of 'humanity' in angels. The way we think. This is why the devil can and does influence many of us.

I am sure a strong case can be made for God, men and angels all being ''male''. Only woman are woman.

Gabriel, Lucifer, Michael not... Gabry, Lucille and Michelle.

Saying ''woman'' sounds a bit sexist. No sexism intended ladies.

Last edited:
Loyal Member
I doubt that, but I could be wrong, mind sharing why you believe this? Not about the non-giants, I agree with that.
The Book of Enoch for one...I know many Christians put no stock in that book, but considering it verifies the bible, and the bible verifies The Book of Enoch, and considering the Book of Enoch was a part of the Bible for the first eight hundred years of church history, it seems a safe reference book. Wouldn't you agree?

Loyal Member
There is no scripture anywhere in the bible that says "fallen" angels can take on their own physical body.
Curtis...The fallen angels fell....There is nowhere in the bible that says the fallen angels changed their physical, or mental makeup. They have the same abilities they have always had.