• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Getting Into Deuteronomy

Staff Member
But forty years after the Israelites left Egypt, on the first day of the eleventh month, Moses addressed the people of Israel, telling them everything the LORD had commanded him to say. Deuteronomy 1:3 NLT

This fifth book of Moses contains his last words inspired by the Lord. Even a quick glance suggests Moses was still going strong right up until the end!

In this compelling sermon series, Moses reiterates the Lord’s covenant with a new generation of Israelites and urges them to claim His blessings diligently. How? By first obeying God’s commands faithfully—unlike the previous generation.

In this fast-paced book, Moses reviews the nations’ history over the past forty years (chapters 1-3) and challenges the people to set a new course (chapters 4-33). What a sermon it is!

Before sunset, Moses climbs Mount Nebo, surveys the Promised Land from a distance, and goes to be with the Lord in paradise (chapter 34).

Famous passages in Deuteronomy include:

• Warning against adding to or subtracting from God’s commands (4:2)
  • Ten Commandments repeated (5:6-21)
  • Warning against false prophets (13:1-5)
  • Prophecy of the Prophet to come (18:15-19)
  • Blessings and curses (28:1-68)

• Prayer: Lord, You want me to keep going strong for You right up until the end of my days on this earth. May I always read and revere Your Word.