• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outleet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Genesis 1&2 The Story of the Beginning

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Understanding Genesis 1 & 2 The Beginning:

Genesis 1&2 is an Outline of ALL of the events leading to the Creation of the Perfect Heaven. Most of the rest of the Bible refers to the present 6th Day, but ALL of the Bible refers to the events of God's 6 Creative Days. That's why we are taken back to the 3rd Day at Gen 2:4. The narrative is adding details to the events listed in Genesis 1. Both accounts Gen 1 & 2 agree totally and in detail.

Since God sees the end from the beginning, Isa 46:10 He wrote the complete HISTORY of His Seven Days in the first 34 verses of Genesis. At Gen 2:4 the narrative RETURNS to the details of the THIRD Day.

[Isa 46:10 KJV] Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times [the things] that are not [yet] done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

In other words, the first 34 verses of Genesis tell us the ENTIRE History of God's 7 Days of Creation, including Events which will NOT happen until AFTER Jesus returns to this Planet. Gen 1:28-31.

Here’s a brief summary of how I read the first five verses of the the Book of Genesis - The Beginning:

Genesis 1:1 Is a Preface or an Introduction - The Story of the Beginning of the Physical Worlds.
Genesis 1:2 Tells us the condition of the deep - empty / void - before the making of the physical worlds.
Genesis 1:3 The bringing forth of the LIGHT before anything is made that was made - before the world was.
Genesis 1:4 The division of light from darkness - the first work of old.
Genesis 1:5 The evening and the morning the first day of creation.

As you can see, based on the above perspective of the cited texts, our physical heaven and earth that we know of today is still formless and void on the 1st Day of Creation. The 1st formation of the firmament of Heaven took place on the 2nd Day - Gen 1:6-8. Our Earth was formed/made on the 3rd Day - NOT Gen 1:1.

God Bless

During the time Jesus was praying to his God Father at the Garden of Gethsemane before his physical death on the cross, He said the following prayers below:

And now, O Father, glorify thou Me with Thine Own Self with the Glory which I had with Thee BEFORE the world was. John 17:5

Jesus was reminding His Invisible God Father of the brightness of his glory which He shared with Him at the Beginning of Creation. In fact, the narratives of Gen. 1:1-4 are speaking of the period BEFORE the 1st Day - BEFORE the World was.

If one believes that In the beginning God created the Heavens (Plural) BEFORE the 1st Day, then the Words of Jesus would seem to be in error.

If one believes that the 1st Firmament or Heaven was formed on the 2nd Day, then it would agree with Jesus, and would show that Jesus came into the World Before the 1st Heaven was formed.

IOW, Jesus, the Son of Invisible God, was Before all things as the following confirms below:

Col 1:16 For by Him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by Him, and for Him: Col 1:17 And He is before all things, and by Him all things consist.

Is your idea of Him (the Son) different than the above? Unless Jesus, the Son, is FIRST in your view, it would not fit the above cited Scripture, therefore your notions are refuted by the Scripture. Jesus IS the Light of the first Day. Gen 1:3 - even BEFORE the World was. His glory is brighter than the noon day sun.

God Bless

Each of God's Days in Genesis 1 & 2 is NOT 24 hours since the word days comes from the Hebrew word Yowm which can mean 12 or 24 hours, a lifetime or an Eternity. A Day is a period of labor and God has ONLY 6 periods of labor when He is working to make His perfect Heaven and fill it with perfect mankind.

A Yowm is a period of Labor or work when God is doing His work of creating. There is NO time limit or number of days, years, etc. A good example is the Scriptural Fact that TODAY remains the 6th Creative Day of God.... and the 6th Day will NOT end until AFTER our Cosmos is burned which is AFTER Jesus rules and reigns on Earth for a thousand years. Revelation 20:5

In fact, today, God continues to create and save sinners in Christ, which means that we live today at Gen 1:27 because God is STILL creating Adam (mankind) in Christ. We will NOT advance to the prophecy of Gen 1:28-31 until AFTER Jesus returns.

The Un-Scriptural idea, that the 6 Creative Days and the 1 Day of Rest in Genesis 1&2, are 24 hour periods of Time, is refuted by Scripture. The 7th Day has no End.

God Bless

Loyal
@Seve -- considering we have a 24-hr day Now -- and we have a the Ten Commandments in Exodus 20:8 -11 "Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holly

vs 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work. vs 10 But the seventh day is the Sabboth of the Lord your God. ..... vs 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it." That fits in nicely with Genesis creation week of 'and the evening and the morning were the various days of the week".

And where do you get Your information per your lasts two sentences.

@Seve -- considering we have a 24-hr day Now -- and we have a the Ten Commandments in Exodus 20:8 -11 "Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holly

vs 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work. vs 10 But the seventh day is the Sabboth of the Lord your God. ..... vs 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it." That fits in nicely with Genesis creation week of 'and the evening and the morning were the various days of the week".

And where do you get Your information per your lasts two sentences.
Dear SueD.,

God wrote the Bible with His terms, not ours. Since God sees the end from the beginning, Isa 46:10 He wrote the complete HISTORY of His Seven Days in the first 34 verses of Genesis. ALL of the rest of the Bible refers BACK to One of the 7 Days of Creation, shown in it's Entirety.

Today, we are still living at Gen 1:27 as we speak, since God is still saving and creating sinners in Christ, spiritually,Today .... and the rest of Genesis 1:28-31 takes place AFTER Jesus returns at Armageddon.

It opens up many of the mysteries which ancient men traditional view could NOT have understood and it reveals the Literal God because it shows us the FUTURE since No man of the time could have told us of the events at the end of the present 6th Day, which will NOT take place until AFTER Jesus returns to this planet.

Considering, we have 24-hr Day in man's time now a days, the Sabbath was created for us - NOT for God himself, since, God does not grow tired or need rest. He rested (past tense) as an example to us so that we would rest on the Shabath day, just as he did, ETERNALLY.

Gen 2:3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it (set apart): because that in it He had RESTED from ALL His work which God created and made.

Notice that this verse tells us that God rests from ALL of His work on the 7th Day.

IF God had already rested in the past from ALL of His work, it would be too late for others sinners to be saved to become a Christian, since it takes the AGREEMENT of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit to CREATE a new creature in Christ Spiritually. Genesis 1:26-27 AND Jhn 14:16.

Continue to study and realize that I am edifying The Great Sabbath, the 7th Day, when ALL Christians will cease from our labor on Earth and we will join Jesus for the Age of Joy which will never end because the 7th Day has no evening and no end.

Heb 4:9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.

This explains WHY God used the Hebrew language It shows that His blessing of this Day is FUTURE, since it is written in Hebrew ImPerfect Tense, which means that the action is not yet complete.

God Bless

Last edited:
Loyal
@Seve -- what religious group do you identify with?! What do you base your comments about Genesis 1:27-31 On?! I've never heard of that before.

Active
I understand what you are saying fully! Some christians think it took God 24 hours to make one day or those things in one day. And it took 168 hours to complete everything in the world including the 7th day. But time it self, is a creation by God. And so true the creation of “Man” has not been completed yet! Right now, he still is just a lump of clay. And things are going the way GOD has planned it to be.
notice: I used All Capitals in spelling “GOD”!

Loyal
@PloughBoy -- well -- that Is what Scripture says -- Genesis 1:5 "God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night, So the evening and the morning were the first day." and so on for that 1st 6 days.

That's what My Bible says. Plain English.

Reading Anything into or out of Scripture is Not good.

It Is God's Word to Us. It's not our place to adjust it to Our understanding.

@Seve -- what religious group do you identify with?! What do you base your comments about Genesis 1:27-31 On?! I've never heard of that before.
Dear Sue and Fellow Christians,

It does NOT matter what religious group I belong to since I consider myself a Christian. What's really matter is if I can support my postings/claims with Scripture, Science or History as humanly possible.

As I have posted before:

God sees the end from the beginning, Isa 46:10...
Therefore, God wrote the complete HISTORY of His Seven Days in the first 34 verses of Genesis. ALL of the rest of the Bible refers BACK to One of the 7 Days of Creation, shown in it's Entirety. Today, we are still living at Gen 1:27 as we speak, since God is still saving and creating sinners in Christ, spiritually, Today .... and the rest of Genesis 1:28-31 takes place AFTER Jesus returns at Armageddon.

Below, are few more Biblical Proof Texts for your additional information, reference and serious study:

Gen 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

This is a Future event which will take place in the thousand year reign of Christ on this Earth. At that time, Humans will be given dominion or rule over EVERY living thing that moves on this Earth. That includes Mosquitoes, Viruses and Sharks. It is something which has NEVER taken place on Planet Earth Before, as the next verses show:

Gen 1:29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, AND EVERY TREE, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Again this is a prophecy of the Future since we will NOT eat from the Tree of Life until All Christians are in the New Heaven. Rev 22:14

Gen 1:30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

Another future happening, except the end of this prophecy is clearly shown in:

Isa 11:7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.

When you read the verse in context, this event happens AFTER Jesus returns to this Earth at Armageddon. Isa 11:1-7

Gen 1:31 And God saw every thing that He had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Finally God's Creation of the perfect 3rd Heaven is complete and Earth is Safe for a thousand years. Then, and only then, will the God, Who sees the end from the beginning, says, It was very good, at the end of the present 6th Day of labor in which God is making a perfect heaven and filling it with His Immortal Children, called Christians.

God Bless

Loyal
Hmmm -- no. You can repeat that as much as you want -- but it doesn't make it correct. On what basis are you a born-again believer.

Today, we are still living in Gen 1:27 and the rest of Genesis 1:28-31 takes place AFTER Jesus returns at Armageddon. In fact, here's how I see the outstanding issue. The present 6th Day of Genesis, is the Day of Salvation and the Day of Judgment for ALL of humans. ALL Human kind is Created and physically Die on this present 6th Day.

2Co 6:2 (For He saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, NOW is the day of salvation.)

At the end after the Final Judgment, Satan and Death will be cast into hell. Then, Death has been defeated, and we will rise before the beginning of the 7th Day to be with our Lord on the 3rd Heaven or World.

1Co 15:26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death

The begging question now becomes.... Do Humans still physically die now-a-days?

If so, then the End of God's 6th Creative Day is still FUTURE because when God's work is finished (brought to perfection), there will be No More Death (Rev 21:4) anymore.

[Rev 21:4 KJV] 4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

God Bless

Loyal
You're changing the subject. I'm still asking upon what you base your being a Christian on // a born-again believer.

You Are using God's Word to try to establish some sort of other belief system.

You're changing the subject. I'm still asking upon what you base your being a Christian on // a born-again believer.

You Are using God's Word to try to establish some sort of other belief system.
NO.... You are the one that is off the topic of this thread - Understanding Genesis 1&2 The Beginning .

Either post your refutation of your disagreement to my posts with merit, for further discussion, or admit the ERRORS of your Doctrinal Faith in understanding Genesis 1&.2. Therefore, there's no need to further attack the messenger just because you can NOT refute my assertion contrary otherwise.

Below, Jesus said...

Isa 42:16 And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them.

However, rest assured, that I understand the theological flaws and predicament of your doctrinal faith in understanding the topic of this thread. But, I hope you're learning your lesson for today., because, there might be a quiz or two to follow later...lol... Don't worry, it's for your own benefits.

God Bless

Last edited:
Dear SueD.,

God wrote the Bible with His terms, not ours. Since God sees the end from the beginning, Isa 46:10 He wrote the complete HISTORY of His Seven Days in the first 34 verses of Genesis. ALL of the rest of the Bible refers BACK to One of the 7 Days of Creation, shown in it's Entirety.

Today, we are still living at Gen 1:27 as we speak, since God is still saving and creating sinners in Christ, spiritually,Today .... and the rest of Genesis 1:28-31 takes place AFTER Jesus returns at Armageddon.

It opens up many of the mysteries which ancient men traditional view could NOT have understood and it reveals the Literal God because it shows us the FUTURE since No man of the time could have told us of the events at the end of the present 6th Day, which will NOT take place until AFTER Jesus returns to this planet.

Considering, we have 24-hr Day in man's time now a days, the Sabbath was created for us - NOT for God himself, since, God does not grow tired or need rest. He rested (past tense) as an example to us so that we would rest on the Shabath day, just as he did, ETERNALLY.

Gen 2:3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it (set apart): because that in it He had RESTED from ALL His work which God created and made.

Notice that this verse tells us that God rests from ALL of His work on the 7th Day.

IF God had already rested in the past from ALL of His work, it would be too late for others sinners to be saved to become a Christian, since it takes the AGREEMENT of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit to CREATE a new creature in Christ Spiritually. Genesis 1:26-27 AND Jhn 14:16.

Continue to study and realize that I am edifying The Great Sabbath, the 7th Day, when ALL Christians will cease from our labor on Earth and we will join Jesus for the Age of Joy which will never end because the 7th Day has no evening and no end.

Heb 4:9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.

This explains WHY God used the Hebrew language It shows that His blessing of this Day is FUTURE, since it is written in Hebrew ImPerfect Tense, which means that the action is not yet complete.

God Bless
Most people don't know the difference between God's time and man's time.

God has but 7 Days and Today is the still the 6th Day of Genesis
. At the end of this present 6th Creative Day, Heaven will be complete, and all believers will be there. When Heaven is brought to Perfection, God will rest for Eternity, the 7th Day, which has No end.

Man's time began on the 4th Day and depends on the movements of the Sun, Moon, and Stars
. Since God is present, but also beyond this Universe, He is Not subject to the movements of our Stars. Man's time is temporal and will cease when this Universe is burned. God's time is Eternal.

A good example of this Scriptural Truth is when YHWH - the Son of God - told Adam that he would surely die IN THE DAY he disobeyed his commandment.

Adam did Not die physically within 24 hours, for he lived to be 930 years old as shown in Gen 5:5. Adam did not die Spiritually because God doesn't make mistakes and those who are born Spiritually are born Eternally. Did Satan tell A&E the Truth, and YHWH lie to them?

There is only One way the LORD can be right, and that is for Today to be the 6th Day. All mankind has lived and died on the present 6th Day. God will Not rest until His Creation is made Perfect.

God Bless

Loyal
I've just been Googling you comment about an eternal 7th day of creation. Creation .com -- Hebrews 4:4- 11 -- appears to be the basis.

However -- look at Exodus 20 -- the Ten Commandments -- the Sabbath Day day is one day. A regular 24 hr day. God's 'work' week and a day of rest at the end were set up as an example for Us. We are to be working for 6 days and taking a day off for rest and worship of God. Other places a Sabbath day is one day.

Do you by chance lean towards Theistic Evolution? Because That puts creation 'week' into thousands of years. There are those who take the verse that one day is as a thousand years and a thousand years as a day and apply it to creation and other areas. That tends to take away from God's being omnipotent. His ability TO speak the world into existence -- His choice to create in 6 24-hr periods of time -- for Us. And how does that jibe with an evening and morning being the designation for a day?

IF a large amount of time was put into creation -- how / when Did our present 24-hr day come to be. Since the planets were put into their rotating axis. That is a 24-hr time span.

Loyal
@Seve -- may I suggest taking a look at discoveringrevelation.com And clicking into the book of Genesis and reading the comments regarding this particular subject area.

Most people don't know the difference between God's time and man's time.

God has but 7 Days and Today is the still the 6th Day of Genesis
. At the end of this present 6th Creative Day, Heaven will be complete, and all believers will be there. When Heaven is brought to Perfection, God will rest for Eternity, the 7th Day, which has No end.

Man's time began on the 4th Day and depends on the movements of the Sun, Moon, and Stars
. Since God is present, but also beyond this Universe, He is Not subject to the movements of our Stars. Man's time is temporal and will cease when this Universe is burned. God's time is Eternal.

A good example of this Scriptural Truth is when YHWH - the Son of God - told Adam that he would surely die IN THE DAY he disobeyed his commandment.

Adam did Not die physically within 24 hours, for he lived to be 930 years old as shown in Gen 5:5. Adam did not die Spiritually because God doesn't make mistakes and those who are born Spiritually are born Eternally. Did Satan tell A&E the Truth, and YHWH lie to them?

There is only One way the LORD can be right, and that is for Today to be the 6th Day. All mankind has lived and died on the present 6th Day. God will Not rest until His Creation is made Perfect.

God Bless
The beginning of our Cosmos is dated at some 13.8 Billion years ago, in man's time, scientifically speaking... BUT was on the 3rd Day of Genesis in God's time.

Man was made a living soul in the beginning and lived with YHWH, the Son of God, as his meet, for Billions of years, before, he disobeyed and was made in a perfect body with Shekinah Glory on the 3rd Day. But lost his glory after he disobeyed the 1st commandment of the Lord and sinned on the 6th Day.

The world of Adam (1st heaven or the garden of Eden) was an enclosed Biosphere much much smaller than our earth, which was totally surrounded by the firmament which protected it from the waters above and below it - into which it was placed. Gen 1:6-8 .

Adam was physically formed (like a potter would mold a clay) on the 3rd Day, BEFORE the First Stars, which were not made and put forth it’s light until the 4th Day. Gen 1:16 - millions of years after the Big Bang. He was BEFORE any other creature brought forth from the water on the 5th Day, Gen 1:21. This included the creation of the sons of God (prehistoric mankind) originated from the waters some 3.7 Billion years ago, in man's time.

In the Day, Adam and his generations were Created spiritually in the image and likeness of God (Gen 1:26-27; 5:1-3) - both A&E have already committed their “original sins”; sent out of the garden of Eden; Cain had already killed Abel. This Creation Event took place during the Seth’ generations;

God Bless

Loyal
You're trying to combine evolution with Bible. Possibly some Gnostic Gospels included.

You're taking some of Scripture and adding your version -- some evolution with it.

And trying to get a pre-Adam race mixed in.

The world of Adam was an enclosed Biosphere much small than our earth. , Etc. , etc. -- almost sounds like Christian sci-fi.

Sorry -- but all of that is Not in the Bible.

You're trying to combine evolution with Bible. Possibly some Gnostic Gospels included.

You're taking some of Scripture and adding your version -- some evolution with it.

And trying to get a pre-Adam race mixed in.

The world of Adam was an enclosed Biosphere much small than our earth. , Etc. , etc. -- almost sounds like Christian sci-fi.

Sorry -- but all of that is Not in the Bible.
Scripture clearly document us that we live in a Multiverse which composed of at least two or more Worlds, yet, you seem to be IGNORANT of another worlds? Read and learn below: Insertions are mine for presentations.

Hbr 11:3 Through faith we understand that the WorldS (multiverse) were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

My view is influenced by the Scriptural Fact that Scripture speaks of THREE Heavens or Worlds.

Gen. 2:4-5 show us that the other "HeavenS" (Plural) were formed on the 3rd Day.

The first Heaven (garden of Eden) was in the midst of water below and above it and later destroyed in a Flood,
The second Heaven is our present world - surrounded by star dust - which is scheduled to be burned.
The third Heaven is the object of the Creation, contains a single city with streets of gold and gates of pearl, which will never die (Rev.21).

The first heaven was made the SECOND Day Genesis 1:6-8
The second heaven was made the THIRD Day. Genesis 2:4
The third heaven was is also made on the THIRD Day. Genesis 2:4

Do you see the Plurality of Shamayim in Genesis 2:4, Literally and Biblically speaking - NOT a Science fiction as you would like others to believe? Aren't you glad that our Lord God Made us Three (3) Heavens or Words, especially, that this present world is scheduled to be burned and dissolved, too?

Below, is another proof text for your additional learning.

Isa 65:17 For, behold, I CREATE New HeavenS (plural) and a New Earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

It's a Multiverse alright.

Last edited:
Loyal
There Are three levels of heaven -- yes -- the heavens with the starts and planets that we can see when looking up into the sky and there is the 3rd heaven where Jesus Christ / God are. And there is the atmosphere right above us -- the air we breathe -- where airplanes fly.

Genesis 2:1 "Thus, the heavens and the earth, and all the host of then, were finished."

Genesis 2:4 "This is the history of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens." That is simply a further explanation in more detail of the original creation. We read about it in phases.

The garden of Eden was the home of Adam and Eve and would have Continued To be the home of the rest of humanity in the future. It is thought to be located in the Middle East. But God Did choose to destroy all living people / animals Except for Noah and his wife and family -- they were the Only righteous people in the world at that time in history. So -- God gave Noah instructions for building the ark and when it was all finished -- Noah and his family and the animals got on board and God closed the ark's door. And then we had the world-wide flood take place. The earth was basically turned inside out and then after the rain stopped. They were able to get back out of the ark. God told them to be fruitful and multiply. And, so, we have civilization starting over again. The same planet -- the same earth.

But , no, this earth is the same one that God originally created in Genesis 1. Simply looks a lot different.

And, in the end -- this world Will be burned and the New Jerusalem will be brought down from heaven by God, Himself. The brand-new world for born-again believers with God dwelling with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.