• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Gender Benders

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
I'm not sure I have enough scripture yet for this to qualify as a "Bible study" (I'm working on it :smile: )

Recently there was someone here on TJ making statements like "Man is not male or female" "man" is both.
At first I thought they simply "mankind" as a generalization. But no they kept posting message that made
it clear they really didn't believe there was any gender. This person claimed to be a Christian who was "listening to the Holy Spirit" rather than just what the Bible said.

In the Bible God makes it clear, there are "male" and "female" humans.

Gen 1:27; God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.
Gen 5:2; He created them male and female, and He blessed them and named them Man in the day when they were created.
Gen 6:19; "And of every living thing of all flesh, you shall bring two of every kind into the ark, to keep them alive with you; they shall be male and female.

The phrase "male and female" appears over 59 times in my Bible.
There are also many verses that say a man shouldn't have sex with another man "as with a woman".
There are even verses that say men shouldn't wear women's clothes, and women shouldn't wear mens clothes. (Deut 22:5; )
There are verses about men wearing their hair like a woman, and women wearing her hair like a man (1 Cor 11:14-15; )

There are certain biological differences between men and women, God made us that way.

Exod 2:7; Then his sister said to Pharaoh's daughter, "Shall I go and call a nurse for you from the Hebrew women that she may nurse the child for you?"

Isa 28:9; "To whom would He teach knowledge, And to whom would He interpret the message? Those just weaned from milk? Those just taken from the breast?

Men do not have breasts, men cannot nurse infants.

There are over a dozen verses that talk about "men" (specifically male) going to war.

Num 1:22; Of the sons of Simeon, their genealogical registration by their families, by their fathers' households, their numbered men, according to the number of names, head by head, every male from twenty years old and upward, whoever was able to go out to war,

There are some people who say... well that was just custom of the ancients in the old testament, it doesn't apply anymore. But the Bible says in several places God doesn't change. Could it be his plan for genders then is the same plan for genders now? Men and women are still biologically different.

I feel this "gender bending" is all a plan of satan to attack Gods plan.

NYC issues nation's first 'intersex' birth certificate - CNN.com
It seems we are now legally able to say our children are not a male or female (non-binary)
But we can call them whatever sex we want to. (The child itself has no say when they are born).

This transgender, non-gender (whatever you want to call it) is pure evil from the pits of hell.
We have women who want to be combat soldiers,
Policemen, Firemen, (many of you know I was a fireman for 10 years) I worked with female firemen.
They did NOT have to do the same things I had to do to get on the fire dept. They were not able
to do the same things men did. If a women got hurt in a fire, I could drag her out. If I got hurt in
a fire, they could not drag me out (over 240 lbs at that time). I know because we had practice fires
to test these things.

We have men who want to stay home and raise children while their wives provide for the family.
(sometimes this may be necessary because of a physical handicap) but many of these men have
nothing wrong with them other than they don't especially want to work.

I don't believe this was ever Gods plan.

1 Tim 2:15; But women will be preserved through the bearing of children if they continue in faith and love and sanctity with self-restraint.

... to be continued ...

Loyal
There are of course many people (even Christians) who will say you're just old fashioned, you're a chauvinist, you just want women to stay
barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen. You're denying women their rights.

Perhaps... from what I see, those aren't my design. That's Gods design. Women can do whatever they want. In fact men can do whatever they want
(and frequently do) but just because we can do something, doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.

Num 5:19' 'The priest shall have her take an oath and shall say to the woman, "If no man has lain with you and if you have not gone astray into uncleanness, being under the authority of your husband, be immune to this water of bitterness that brings a curse;

1 Cor 11:8; For man does not originate from woman, but woman from man;
1 Cor 11:9; for indeed man was not created for the woman's sake, but woman for the man's sake.
1 Cor 11:10; Therefore the woman ought to have a symbol of authority on her head, because of the angels.

1 Tim 2:12; But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet.
1 Tim 2:13; For it was Adam who was first created, and then Eve.

It could even be that some women bosses and women presidents are against Gods plan.

Eph 5:22; Wives, be subject to your own husbands, as to the Lord.
Eph 5:23; For the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ also is the head of the church, He Himself being the Savior of the body.
Eph 5:24; But as the church is subject to Christ, so also the wives ought to be to their husbands in everything.

... to be continued ..