• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Full of Goodness

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
And concerning you, my brethren, I myself also am convinced that you yourselves are full of goodness, filled with all knowledge and able also to admonish one another. Romans 15:14

When a man is converted to Christ, a seismic shift takes place in his soul. He begins the process of being transformed into a new person as the Holy Spirit directs. The Christians in Rome eventually reached a point in which Paul said he was convinced that they were full of goodness, filled with all knowledge, and able to admonish one another. The three go hand in hand.

As your new nature becomes more concerned with pleasing God and helping others, you’re filled with knowledge from on high to the point that you’re able to teach new converts about putting off the old man. It’s a lifelong pursuit, and you’ll never arrive. You might even take one step forward and two steps back on occasion, but don’t let that stop you.

If your pastor had to describe your level of spiritual maturity, could he say the same thing about you that Paul said about these believers in Rome? Would he be confident in your goodness? Has your pastor witnessed you being filled with godly knowledge? Has that led you to encourage fellow believers in your congregation? You shouldn’t merely try to please your pastor, but he’s bound to learn about your steady habits.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Chad Bible Discussions 0
Christ4Ever Devotionals 0
Fragrant Grace Polls 19