• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

From laughter to faith

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Active
WORD OF THE DAY (— Genesis 18:13-14 )
"Then the LORD said to Abraham, "Why did Sarah laughand say, 'Will I really have a child, now that I am old?'
Is anything too hard for the LORD? I will return to you at the appointed time next year, and Sarah will have a son.

MEDITATE ON THIS ( Don't laugh when God makes a promise; believe )

Greetings Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

God has created us in His beautiful image, and we can express ourselves through a variety of emotions. Laughter is one of many
emotional responses that communicate the inner state of the soul. Depending on the context, laughter can express surprise and joy,
but at other times it can convey humor and unbelief. When Sarah (Abraham's wife) laughed, her reason was the latter ( humor and unbelief).
Sarah's laugh showed that God's promise to give her a 90-year-old woman, a child, was hilarious and impossible. In her state of unbelief, her
laugher flowed naturally, making a mockery of God's promise.

Similar to Sarah, the world makes a mockery of God's WORD and all who profess faith in Jesus. Yes, if you are a Christian, the world is laughing at you.
The world laughs and tells you that believing in Jesus is a fairy tale. The world laughs at you for believing in a literal place called heaven, the place where God dwells,
and a literal place called hell where the unsaved sinner will be punished. Yes, the world laughs at Christians for believing that Jesus is the
only way to God. Indeed, the world laughs at believers who pursue a lifestyle of sexual purity and faithfulness between one woman and one man for one lifetime.
The world laughs at Christians because we are called to love our enemies and forgive those who have harmed us. Yes, the world laughs at Christians for
believing God's words, which tell us that the world was created in 6 days. The world laughs at Christians for believing that Jesus rose from the grave after
His crucifixion. Though we see the signs all around us of a world in chaos, the world is laughing at Christians because we believe the WORD of God
which promises that Jesus will return to rescue His church from this world which is headed for destruction.
Just as Sarah laughed at the words of God, the world laughs at us Christians who proclaim and teach God's word.

Fortunately, the laughter of Sarah was not the last word. In time, Sarah saw that God would make good on His promise, and she conceived a son.
When her son Issac was born, Sarah went from laughter to faith. Similarly, the world may laugh at Christians for our belief in the WORD
of God found in the Bible; however, we will choose to believe because we know that God always gets the last WORD. God always gets the last
word because He is eternal, existing outside of time, past, present, and future. So when God speaks, God is not telling you what He will
do, but what He has already done. God's word is final, and therefore our faith is founded upon it, found in it, and filled by it.

Your brother in Christ, WNL

Thought for the week:
Laughing at the promises of God is the defense mechanism of a soul lacking the faith to comprehend and embrace the WORD of God.

Prayer for the week:
Dear God I know that you are not a comedian, so when you speak I will choose
to believe instead of laughing. Help me to stand strong even when the whole world is laughing
at me for what I believe. Help me to encourage others in the faith, and serve as a witness
to your truth which always gets the last word. As your WORD says, heaven and earth will pass
away, but your WORD abides forever.