• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

From Indepedence To Dependence .

As parents , we are told that we are to teach our children to learn independence from the constant needs of the day , in order to grow up and move out into the world with their own ideal's . Sounds good right ?

Well that is the worst thing we can teach our children about dealing with life's challenges !

Independence is all satan needs to capture your children , and give them a feeling of control and newness in their live's , while the whole time , he is wrapping his serpent like nature around their hearts and minds .

The hardest challenge in our adult walk with God is trusting him fully , in every situation we face . This is because we as young children were taught to stand up and be independent ... make it on our own . How many parents have said to their kids , [ when I was your age , I didn't ask my parents for anything ] !

Independence from needing help is a seed of rebellion planted inside of all of us from the very beginning . satan planted the seed of independence in Adam / Eve in the Garden . He convinced then that God was holding them back , and they didn't need his help in making the choice to eat of the fruit .
Why , God was only trying to keep them from being independent !

We as parents , need to teach our children that without Gods help , we can do nothing at all . We must allow our children to see us worship and pray to God about all our decisions in life . Tell them that independence from Gods word and help will lead us to destruction and death .

Apart from Jesus Christ , we are helpless , and vulnerable to satan in everything we do . we cannot overcome satan on our own , and we need to teach our children that if we as parents are dependent on God for everything , then we will be giving our kids a fighting chance to walk out of our control and influence into a world with our Father to help them in all they do , and in the meantime , we will have peace knowing that God is with them the whole way .

I pray for all of our parents , and all of our children here at talkjesus . May your houses be blessed , and your children find Christ in all they say and do .

God bless you all in Jesus Christ Mighty Name ! :love: :boy_hug: Mike

Amen Brother! My son sings a beautiful song, and the words are so true for all of us; "I can`t even walk without holding your hand!"

Pro 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. [lean on the LORD!]
In all thy ways acknowledge him, [know, observe, recognize] and he shall direct thy paths.

Psa 3:3 But thou, O LORD, [art] a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the LORD sustained me. [to prop; reflexively to lean upon or take hold of;]

The world tells our children, become self sufficient, thats the only prop you will need to make it thru this life! Stand on your own two feet! Personally I cant stand the words 'self sufficient', there is no such thing! But there is such a thing as God-suffieciency, and He is the only 'prop' we must teach our children to lean on! I believe in the old adage...when you give your children GOD, you have given them everything!
Glory to God!

Dependence on God starts at a very young age or the fruit of misleadings will show up later in their live's . Experience is the best teacher . Mike

BROTHERSINARMST4G said:
We as parents , need to teach our children that without Gods help , we can do nothing at all . We must allow our children to see us worship and pray to God about all our decisions in life . Tell them that independence from Gods word and help will lead us to destruction and death .

This really spoke to me. Thank you brother Mike for sharing this.

God bless,
Nigh

Quite some news

BROTHERSINARMST4G said:
As parents , we are told that we are to teach our children to learn independence from the constant needs of the day , in order to grow up and move out into the world with their own ideal's . Sounds good right ?

Well that is the worst thing we can teach our children about dealing with life's challenges !

Independence is all satan needs to capture your children , and give them a feeling of control and newness in their live's , while the whole time , he is wrapping his serpent like nature around their hearts and minds .

The hardest challenge in our adult walk with God is trusting him fully , in every situation we face . This is because we as young children were taught to stand up and be independent ... make it on our own . How many parents have said to their kids , [ when I was your age , I didn't ask my parents for anything ] !

Independence from needing help is a seed of rebellion planted inside of all of us from the very beginning . satan planted the seed of independence in Adam / Eve in the Garden . He convinced then that God was holding them back , and they didn't need his help in making the choice to eat of the fruit .
Why , God was only trying to keep them from being independent !

Apart from Jesus Christ , we are helpless , and vulnerable to satan in everything we do . we cannot overcome satan on our own , and we need to teach our children that if we as parents are dependent on God for everything , then we will be giving our kids a fighting chance to walk out of our control and influence into a world with our Father to help them in all they do , and in the meantime , we will have peace knowing that God is with them the whole way .

I pray for all of our parents , and all of our children here at talkjesus . May your houses be blessed , and your children find Christ in all they say and do .

God bless you all in Jesus Christ Mighty Name ! :love: :boy_hug: Mike

wow Brother. . .I have never seen it that way! yes its true you try to raise your kids to be independent . . .your daughters as females to be able to get a good job after good education . .so they can stand their own man and all . . .you dont want them to get addicted or dependend on something bad . . .and then you go and tell them to:
Depend on God only!. . .hmm that could sound weird in their ears. . .thanks for pointing it all out so clearly. . .I love being addicted to God and Im not ashamed to say that I need Him in my life to get going or . . .That i couldnt make it without Him. . .
Yes! I do wanna be depended fully . . .on my Father in Heaven who blesses me with everything I need to live a fullfilled life :love: Thank you Jesus for making this all possible :love:

Praise God for his listening ear ! Whenever we have a problem at our house , we tell the kids that only God has the answers we need . God has been so good to us . :love: :boy_hug: Mike