• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

"Friend of God"

Staff Member
So now we can rejoice in our wonderful new relationship with God because our Lord Jesus Christ has made us friends of God. Romans 5:11 NLT

Have you ever thought of yourself as a Friend of God? If so, have you ever said it aloud?

True, the Bible doesn't talk often about this. Mostly it's reserved for the great patriarch, Abraham, who is called the "friend of God" in 2 Chronicles 20:7, Isaiah 41:8, and James 2:23. Another important early patriarch of the faith, Job, talks about his friendship with God in Job 29:4.

Then again, James 4:4 and Romans 5:11 make it clear that any man can be a friend of God if he repents, trusts Jesus Christ, and loves the Lord whole heartedly. This isn't "friend" in the Facebook sense. Instead, the apostle Paul describes it as "our wonderful new relationship with God."

By now, you may be thinking, That's right. That makes me a friend of God. Do you believe it enough to say it aloud? Say it first in prayer to God. Then mention it in a conversation with your spouse, son, friend, colleague, or neighbor.

Prayer: Lord, "Friend of God" seems like such a lofty title for me. Yet I believe what Romans 5:11 says. I want to enjoy a wonderful relationship with You. Please draw me closer to Your heart. And give me the courage to talk about my friendship with You to another person before day's end.