Freedom from fear....

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

New here!! I am happy to be here. I have been in church my whole life and saved at the age of 9. I have many issues with total surrender...with that I mean, I have lived in fear because of a traumatic experience around the age of 7. I didn't realize how fearful I truly have been until I become a mother. I believe the Word of God completely but catch myself trying to keep my issues contained to my ability to solve, which is ridiculous, right? I want to rest in the Peace that only God can provide through His promises. I lost my mom Nov. 2015 and I feel like this is added to the issue. I would greatly appreciate any and all feed back and/or advice. Blessings!

Loyal Member
New here!! I am happy to be here. I have been in church my whole life and saved at the age of 9. I have many issues with total surrender...with that I mean, I have lived in fear because of a traumatic experience around the age of 7. I didn't realize how fearful I truly have been until I become a mother. I believe the Word of God completely but catch myself trying to keep my issues contained to my ability to solve, which is ridiculous, right? I want to rest in the Peace that only God can provide through His promises. I lost my mom Nov. 2015 and I feel like this is added to the issue. I would greatly appreciate any and all feed back and/or advice. Blessings!
mandi1995, most if not all Christians believe the Word of God to be true, yet most of them do not know how to make God's promises a reality in their lives. Knowing what the bible says, and agreeing that it is true does nothing. The only way to make God's promises a reality in our lives is by "confessing" them out of our mouths every single day. Why? Because faith (believing) comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God. We confess the Word of God so we can believe the Word of God. In your case you should be confessing.....

2Ti 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

If you are having fear in your life then you will not believe what you are saying until faith comes so you can believe it. :smile:

Loyal Member
@mandi1995

Welcome to the forum! All of us have lost or will be losing people we are care about. At age 74 many are gone away from me including both parents. My wife lost her father at the age of 8 years and her mother was a hopeless mental case, who was never a "mother" to her children.

One of my wife's aunts decided the best solution was to leave her and her two little brothers in the hands of the state. They dropped off on a street corner in San Francisco at the mercy of men... but God had another plan for them as He does for you... in spite of the pain and emptiness you are feeling now.

[The two little brothers are gone also now, but my wife serves a God who is able in every situation.]
I am praying for you and your situation. Remember God is always able!

mandi1995, most if not all Christians believe the Word of God to be true, yet most of them do not know how to make God's promises a reality in their lives. Knowing what the bible says, and agreeing that it is true does nothing. The only way to make God's promises a reality in our lives is by "confessing" them out of our mouths every single day. Why? Because faith (believing) comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God. We confess the Word of God so we can believe the Word of God. In your case you should be confessing.....

2Ti 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

If you are having fear in your life then you will not believe what you are saying until faith comes so you can believe it. :smile:
Thank you so much!!!

I’m going to the same things and I know what is like to be fearful! But
May Jesus comforts you and give you strenght to perseverance through this trials,God is with you and He wants you to know,He see your grief and fear,cast all of your cares on Him because He cares for you,keep your focus on His promises and stand firm on His strenght. God bless you

@mandi1995

Welcome to the forum! All of us have lost or will be losing people we are care about. At age 74 many are gone away from me including both parents. My wife lost her father at the age of 8 years and her mother was a hopeless mental case, who was never a "mother" to her children.

One of my wife's aunts decided the best solution was to leave her and her two little brothers in the hands of the state. They dropped off on a street corner in San Francisco at the mercy of men... but God had another plan for them as He does for you... in spite of the pain and emptiness you are feeling now.

[The two little brothers are gone also now, but my wife serves a God who is able in every situation.]
I am praying for you and your situation. Remember God is always able!

Thank you so much!
I’m going to the same things and I know what is like to be fearful! But

May Jesus comforts you and give you strenght to perseverance through this trials,God is with you and He wants you to know,He see your grief and fear,cast all of your cares on Him because He cares for you,keep your focus on His promises and stand firm on His strenght. God bless you
Thanks so much...God Bless you!