• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Christ centered community forums.

Join over 10,000 worldwide members today

Register Log In

• Hi Guest!

I've added a brand new "Night Mode" option to our site design. I'd greatly appreciate your vote on this poll here.

To switch to night mode (or back to light/default theme) simply click on the "Site Menu" icon on top and on the dropdown choose "Switch to Night Mode" or "Switch to Light Mode"

Thank you.

Forgiveness

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

I believe God forgives me for my sins continually in the name of Jesus but I do feel that when you confess your sins continually you have to feel remorse while confessing those sins. I feel that it is a process that we have to go through all through life; not just a one shot thing. It’s a growing process and hopefully I’ll sin less and less throughout my life but I live in this world and I will mess up; I’m not perfect and that’s why God sent Jesus and saved me through his grace. But I have to grow through my sin and recognize it and do my best to change it through confession and part of confession is true remorse for it.

I believe God forgives me for my sins continually in the name of Jesus but I do feel that when you confess your sins continually you have to feel remorse while confessing those sins. I feel that it is a process that we have to go through all through life; not just a one shot thing. It’s a growing process and hopefully I’ll sin less and less throughout my life but I live in this world and I will mess up; I’m not perfect and that’s why God sent Jesus and saved me through his grace. But I have to grow through my sin and recognize it and do my best to change it through confession and part of confession is true remorse for it.
I would just add to this with scripture.

Proverbs 28:13
He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.

Confessing is Part A and forsaking them is Part B. You need both to obtain mercy.

Loyal Member
Galatians 5:19-21
Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

this scripture helped open my eyes in a big way.