• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

For Your Good

Staff Member
So you must live as God's obedient children. Don't slip back into your old ways of living to satisfy your own desires. You didn't know any better then. 1 Peter 1:14

Parents know it takes time, patience, and plenty of reinforcement to get children to follow directions that reinforce obedient choices.

Imagine what it’s like for God who wants to take His children from babies who don’t understand much, to mature believers who value godly wisdom. The early church in Corinth enjoyed their spiritual childhood a little too much. First Corinthians 3:2 says, “I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for it. Indeed, you are still not ready.”

God knew it would be extremely easy to fall back to the earliest days of personal belief, which is why He asked for personal maturity. Hebrews 5:14 says, “Solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.”

Just like braces transform a smile, obedience transforms a life. As a parent you want your children to grow from babies to adults. You don’t expect them to grow up overnight, but you do expect them to mature. God doesn’t want you to stay living in ignorance either. He wants you to grow up. It’s for your own good.

“When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me” (1 Corinthians 13:11).