Join Us Today!

Join our non-denominational community with 10,000+ members and more than 50,000 monthly visitors today. Engage in bible discussions, studies, prayer support and friendly fellowship.

For when I am Tried..... by Holly Hobbie

Discussion in 'Testimonials' started by Holly Hobbie, Jul 22, 2017.

Random Thread
  1. "For when I am tried and purified I shall come forth as gold" .....Ron Hamelton

I was born into a home with a Godly Christian mother and an alcoholic father. My dad died when I was two at age 41 .
    My mom remarried when I was 6.

I asked Christ into my heart one night at the age of 9 in Sept 1982 my mom led me to the Lord.

For the first three years of my life I had illnesses that nearly killed me, My parents were told to prepare for my eventual death after being diagnosed with water on my brain. They were told that I would not survive to see the age of five and if i did I would never be able to do much of anything .

I matured 2.5 years behind my twin sister in most everything but just before I hit two I walked.
    I was later on diagnosed as having "partial use of my corpus collosum "
    In english that means that one side of my brain works extreemly faster than the other and like a broken bridge does not connect information quickly . I have data processing problems,dyslexia and severe depth perception ext my thoughts often gets so jumbled up inside my head more than normal and my words will come out funny sometimes..

I have overcome much of this with Gods help.

I was a target for bullies including a special ed teacher who hated throughout my school years including and older sister who tortured and abused me severely as a child and almost killed me twice.
    I have been through all kinds of abuse,Sexual, physical and emotional throughout my whole childhood and into my marriage until 4 months ago.
    With Gods help I was able to escape an extreemly abusive marriage and am in the process of getting counseling and healing.

I have tried to commit suicide in the past and struggled with self mutilation up until January 9,2009 when God healed me of that
    Suicide has touche d me deeply being that I have lost 4 people dear to me from 1986 to 2002 and almost lost one of my sisters two years ago.
    I have been through more than I can post here but God has been there and continues to be there in my current struggles

I have asked God the famous question of why ? His response has always been to trust him he has a plan for me and if I am willing he will show me in time.
    In many ways he already has through my preacious severely autistic teenagers.

Isaiah 55:8-13 Is a challenge for all of us to trust him ect

amadeus2 likes this.
  2. Thank you for sharing this. My experience of asking God 'why?' has never yielded very clear answers.

But I have always been assured that in the most difficult times that God walks with me, and carries me.

Sent from a mobile device