• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

For my hurting Sisters

Rahab

HEBREWS 11:31

31 - By faith the harlot Rahab did not perish . . .

Rahab was not a descendant of Israel. She was a harlot from the
city of Jericho, which God commanded Israel to utterly destroy.
But because of her faith, all that was hers was spared. She
also became an ancestor of Jesus of Nazareth, being the great-
great-grandmother of King David (Matthew 1:5-6).

No matter who you are, or what you have done, there is hope for
you. Through faith in God, and His provision, your life can be
changed.

Rahab asked that all her family and all their possessions be
protected. This action evidently pleased God because Hebrews 11
commends her faith, and tells us that without faith it is
impossible to please God (Hebrews 11:6,31).

JOSHUA 2:12-13

12 - "Now therefore, I beg you, swear to me by the Lord, since I
have shown you kindness, that you also will show kindness to my
father's house, and give me a true token,

13 - "and spare my father, my mother, my brothers, my sisters,
and all that they have, and deliver our lives from death."

Note that Rahab asked for a token, a sign. They told her to
place a blood-colored cord in her window , representing her
faith in God's provision of blood under the Old Covenant.

JOSHUA 2:18,21

18 ". . . bind this line of scarlet cord in the window through
which you let us down . . . .
21 - Then she said, "According to your words, so be it." And she
sent them away, and they departed. And she bound the scarlet
cord in the window.

JOSHUA 6:23,25

23 - And the young men who had been spies went in and brought out
Rahab, her father, her mother, her brothers, and all that she
had. So they brought out all her relatives and left them
outside the camp of Israel.

25 - And Joshua spared Rahab the harlot, her father's household,
and all that she had . . . .

We should stand in faith just as Rahab did and ask for the
lives of all our family members, and for all our possessions.

Then we must "display the scarlet cord" in our windows [ the
Blood of our Savior Jesus Christ.] When the devil comes to
steal, kill, or destroy us, or anything that belongs to us, we
must make sure he sees the Blood of Jesus.

If a harlot, who had no covenant with God, by her faith
received God's protection for all her family and possessions,
surely as believers in the New Covenant established by Jesus'
Blood, our faith can do at least as much.

By faith, Place the blood of Jesus over all your
family and all your property. I pray Father that by
your mighty hand , you will sustain all my beautiful
sisters in all their trials here at TalkJesus . :love: Mike

Although Rahab was a prostitute she helped God's people, she also did what they told her to do by tying the scarlet cord in her window, and she asked God to spare her people. God honoured her for her faith accordingly.

I posted this thread to encourage many who are hurting and afraid to put their trust and hope in Jesus Christ . God will protect all who trust in him . But God will also show you away out from under the enemies grip . We have to also choose Gods way out . But after you have done all that God said to stand , then stand . Mike

ok so i read this thread ages ago and it has took me so long to write what i think because i didnt like the fact that Rahab got to be the great. great grandmother of King David which means she was a relitive of jesus like for real!

But i think now that god just saw the good stuff that she did. like her faith? and he liked her because of that.

So. faith is like just saying ok god you said it so i will ask you then for the whole lot that you said i could.

I still dont get the jesus blood bit. I know he died and that he ended all the sacrifises in the old testement and that he had to die to pay for us to be free. I get that but that was ages ago in history. How can that protect a person now?

Heather-Anne said:
ok so i read this thread ages ago and it has took me so long to write what i think because i didnt like the fact that Rahab got to be the great. great grandmother of King David which means she was a relitive of jesus like for real!

But i think now that god just saw the good stuff that she did. like her faith? and he liked her because of that.

So. faith is like just saying ok god you said it so i will ask you then for the whole lot that you said i could.

I still dont get the jesus blood bit. I know he died and that he ended all the sacrifises in the old testement and that he had to die to pay for us to be free. I get that but that was ages ago in history. How can that protect a person now?

PART 1 @ Hanni :love:

Hebrews 9

The Blood of Christ

11When Christ came as high priest of the good things that are already here, he went through the greater and more perfect tabernacle that is not man-made, that is to say, not a part of this creation.

12He did not enter by means of the blood of goats and calves; but he entered the Most Holy Place once for all by his own blood, having obtained eternal redemption.

13The blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkled on those who are ceremonially unclean sanctify them so that they are outwardly clean.

14How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death,[c] so that we may serve the living God!

15For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.

16In the case of a will,[d] it is necessary to prove the death of the one who made it,

17because a will is in force only when somebody has died; it never takes effect while the one who made it is living.

18This is why even the first covenant was not put into effect without blood.

19When Moses had proclaimed every commandment of the law to all the people, he took the blood of calves, together with water, scarlet wool and branches of hyssop, and sprinkled the scroll and all the people.

20He said, "This is the blood of the covenant, which God has commanded you to keep."[e]

21In the same way, he sprinkled with the blood both the tabernacle and everything used in its ceremonies.

22In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.

23It was necessary, then, for the copies of the heavenly things to be purified with these sacrifices, but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.

24For Christ did not enter a man-made sanctuary that was only a copy of the true one; he entered heaven itself, now to appear for us in God's presence.

25Nor did he enter heaven to offer himself again and again, the way the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood that is not his own.

26Then Christ would have had to suffer many times since the creation of the world. But now he has appeared once for all at the end of the ages to do away with sin by the sacrifice of himself.

27Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment,

28so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him

Heather-Anne said:

Part 2 @ Hanni

Hebrews 10

Christ's Sacrifice Once for All

15The Holy Spirit also testifies to us about this. First he says:

16"This is the covenant I will make with them
after that time, says the Lord.
I will put my laws in their hearts,
and I will write them on their minds."

17Then he adds:
"Their sins and lawless acts
I will remember no more."[c]

18And where these have been forgiven, there is no longer any sacrifice for sin.

19Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus,

20by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body,

21and since we have a great priest over the house of God,

22let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water.

Heather-Anne said:

ok Hanni im still trying to find more scripture support for you . . .actually Hebrews is really full of it. . .im sure you read it . . .you might wanna go through it in a bible study type of style. . .mark and highlight what you find out about the truth of Jesus in here. . .i will be back later, God bless you sweetie :love:

thank you peeps

Yeah peeps thank you

That took some writing up! I understand a lot better thanks ok

That it means today that we can come closer to being gods disciple yeah because of what jesus did a huge long time ago.

Heather-Anne said:
Yeah peeps thank you

That took some writing up! I understand a lot better thanks ok

That it means today that we can come closer to being gods disciple yeah because of what jesus did a huge long time ago.

Hey Hanni :love: what the blood of Jesus still means today. . ..is the same it meant back then, cleansing power of forgiveness from the lamb of God :love:

the finishing touch was in

HEBREWS 13:8

8Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

. . .and:

13:20

May the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, 21equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

:love: :love: :love: God bless you with His wisdom through His Holy Spirit :love: :love: :love: