• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

For Each Step

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
Let my cry come before You, O LORD; Give me understanding according to Your word. Psalm 119:169

The Psalms are more than source material for praise songs. They also express human struggle and personal questioning. Take today’s verse, for example. There are three takeaways.

“Let my cry come before You.” Even the psalmist wanted to be heard. In moments of anger, frustration, and even joy, people need to believe that when they pray, God listens.

“Give me understanding.” God’s ways, plans, and truth don’t always line up with common thinking. People need direction and shouldn’t be afraid to ask God to make things clear.

“According to Your word.” God’s answers often come in the form of words on the pages of His book, the Bible.

God explains in Isaiah 55:10-11 how His Word does something remarkable in helping you understand what He wants. It also lets you know He’s heard you. “The rain and snow come down from the heavens and stay on the ground to water the earth. They cause the grain to grow, producing seed for the farmer and bread for the hungry. It is the same with my word. I send it out, and it always produces fruit. It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it.”

His Word nourishes and causes you to grow, and it can produce something productive in the soil of receptive hearts. Read it for wisdom, life, and for each next step.