• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Foolish Hearts

Love God With All Your Heart

Jesus said to him, “‘you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind."
(Matthew 22:37 – 40)

Loving God with your whole heart is the key to everything in life; because your relationship with God affects everything and everyone in your life. It is impossible to love God too much; however it is easy to fall short of loving Him with your whole heart. In a moment of honesty with myself and the Lord I asked “Lord, how can I love you more”?

Instantly the Lord responded “be thankful”. In one moment, with those two words, came several scriptures to my mind and concepts that I had not thought of before. I also understood for the first time that anything, whether past or present, that we are unthankful about is a part of our heart that does not love God. In that same moment I also understood why this is true. Deep down inside our spirit we know that God is in control of the universe. If we have had painful experiences which we are not thankful for then we are unhappy and unthankful to God for them, consciously or unconsciously.

You may not even know that you are blaming God; you may think that you are blaming Satan or you may be blaming other people. However, in reality you are blaming God also because you know that He is in control. God allowed the experience to happen to you. God could have prevented it and you know it. Each painful experience which you are unthankful for is a dark spot in your heart that does not love God.

"Because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were they thankful, but became vain in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened." (Romans 1:21)

cont`d...

Love God With All Your Heart

Excellent post and point Coconut. I am going to go and check my heart to see if there is a past experience in which I am not thankful. God bless you.

I have done a lot of preaching at myself on this forum, but this time I really got under my own skin. :embarasse

Hallelujah