• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Flee Sexual Fantasies

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. Matthew 5:27-28

Many men think there’s a big difference between lusting and actually having sexual relations. They fail to understand how if they continually think erotic thoughts, they’ll eventually attempt to follow through on them. That’s because they become addicted to the rush that fantasizing gives and their brain needs ever more stimulation. Eventually, nothing short of the actual deed satisfies.

The Ten Commandments forbade both illicit sex and fantasizing about it. Exodus 20:14 says, “You shall not commit adultery,” and verse 17 says, “You shall not covet…your neighbor’s wife.” God knew that men had to arrest lust while it was still a thought.

Resist fantasizing before it becomes a habit. The patriarch Job knew that he, like all men, was aroused by visual stimulation, so he said, “I made a covenant with my eyes not to look lustfully at a young woman” (Job 31:1).

Paul wrote, “Flee from sexual immorality” (1 Corinthians 6:18), but if you’re in the habit of intoxicating yourself with lust, you’ll do the opposite on the day an opportunity arises. So ditch licentious thoughts now, so that on the day of temptation, you’ll have the willpower to put physical distance, between yourself and any alluring sirens.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Christ4Ever Devotionals 1
Jesus_is_LORD Musicians 7
B-A-C Bible Discussions 21