• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

First Things First

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead. Matthew 8:22

Part of being a responsible adult is making plans and following through on commitments. Take a moment and think of all the things you've done in the past week, and all the things on tap for this week. When your head stops spinning, think of how often you deliberately brought God into those plans. You've probably brought Him into a lot of what's going on--maybe all of it--and that's good.

But is it God's best for you? Why do I ask that? Well, trusting God includes trusting His timing. Life is just plain busy, and with work and family appointments and church activities, it's easy to reach not just a level of spiritual exhaustion but unrealistic expectation--that just because you're doing the best you can, God's schedule is going to fit into yours. Stay focused on God, not the tyranny of the urgent.

Are you willing to let God interrupt your plans? Part of being His son means letting Him do just that--being willing to slow down, ask Him for perspective, and trust that His interruptions are for your ultimate benefit.

Prayer: Father, Your business is my business. Help me to make sure what I'm doing is what You want me to be doing. If it's not, help me to shift the focus to You and Your priorities.