• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

First kiss?

Do you believe in saving your first kiss until you are married? I do. Partly beacuse I think if you kiss every date you have, kissing does not seem exiting anymore and it feels like the same old, same old. Does anybody else think the same thing? If you want, I can pm you the name of a Christian book over the subject.:love:
Love,
your sis in Christ, Julie.

well...i really do thínk that this question is very intresting!!!
hmm...i never really thought about it...but yeah I agree...if u kiss every date then it wont be anything exciting anymore....but it also depends on how many dates you have!!anyways...i think i wont or lets say wouldnt wait till i marry...cause the person you marry you usally love so you could have your first kiss with him/her!!!i guess what im trying to say is...i would only kiss someone i really love...

god bless
kara

That's a good concept, but I am not sure. What if it doesn't work out at the end? I guess it does matter about how maany dates you are on and especially WHO you are dating.

Kissing

I would have to say that if you wait until you are getting married to kiss that then you know the person is right for you, if they wait with you too. I really do wish that I would have waited but I guess thats to late now. :dog:

I think waiting until the day you get married is a good idea. I know some people who would go pretty far with that kind of thing like hands-off courtships. I probably wouldn't go that far probably in the other direction...does throwing myself in his arms when he says the famous words*I love you* sound irrational? Well maybe I'm just in a wierd mood tonight but yes I think I'll save my first kiss til my wedding day!:love:

mmm, this question seems a little bit, well unrealistic... I am sure I will not kiss all my dates, but I will probably kiss my boyfriend and maybe it wouldnt work with him... or whatever but I dont think I will wait till my wedding day to have my first kiss.
But you know what they say, one thing leads to another so, you will have to draw the lines some where.

Well, I'd have to slightly disagree. I think that a couple can kiss, just as long as they don't "deep" kiss, I guess the polite term would be. I agree with saving sex for marriage because its something very special, but without a kidd with a date, how would things even spark, ya know? I think its fine, as long as you are strict in where to draw the line between kissing and kissing if you get what I mean.

It's nice both ways. To kiss before ou are married or after. But unless I was really inlove, I would't kiss. I think my lips should be saved for the person God has planned for me and no one else.
ps Please do not take this as if I were typing this in a mean and VERY disagreeing voice. I'm am just typing what I think and feel.

I agree with you Julie and Tolo the only person I would ever want to kiss on the lips is the one I thought I would definitely marry. Maybe that's not everyone but it's me!

My wife and I had our first kiss when we got married - there were no regrets there!

God has intended us for each other and we did not want to explore that area of our relationship - the gift that God had pepared in each of us for each other - until it was the right time, which was when we had offered ourselves to each other, completely and forever!

I would not try to make a rule of it for anyone, we were just doing what we felt that God wanted us to do, in our circumstances, at that time, and it could be different for other couples...

I didn't wait. For those who can go for it. But I cant really think of my boyfriend and i not kissing.... Its our way of saying I love you. Just waiting to get married for money and time to pass. We not the normal relationship. We serious and it seems God has told us 4 times now we will get married if all goes as planned. That is the most amazing feeling anyone can have. Pray for us. Pray for the world. Prayer works...

DaughterofEve said:
Do you believe in saving your first kiss until you are married? I do. Partly beacuse I think if you kiss every date you have, kissing does not seem exiting anymore and it feels like the same old, same old. Does anybody else think the same thing? If you want, I can pm you the name of a Christian book over the subject.:love:
Love,
your sis in Christ, Julie.
I agree with DaughterofEve.

I have seen what damage a little kiss can cause. It is like putting a can of gunpowder by a very little fire.

I totally agree. It is important to draw the line somewhere... and as hard as that may be it's true. But i dont necessarily think kissing should be reserved for marriage. it's just an expression of how much you care for someone!!! But for those of you who think it should be, i totalyl respect you for that and think that it's an awesum stand to take!!!

yea... i wouldnt go round kissing every random guy... thats a line that needs to be drawn too!!!

There are two sides in this thing.

First thing. I think if you haven't had your first kiss it would be absolutely beautiful. Its a very preocios gesture.
But, I don't think it's a bad thing. It's not about to kiss everytime you have the oportunity to do it. If you really mean it, I think that wouldn't be a wrong thing.

But yes... I admit that it's a precious thing to do. Well.. Too late for me
jeje.. But that's not something to regret. I still save other things.

Blessings

Administrator
Staff Member
I remember my first kiss when I was 15yrs old. It was with my girlfriend at that time of 9 months. Although I was a young pup "in love" it was very precious (I like romance) and felt like Heaven on earth.

I agree that kissing is very precoius thing. To me, it is honestly like an open doorway to the sex room if you understand. Its step #1 leading to step #2. Its important to draw the line. If you cannot control yourself even in your thoughts while kissing, you better take back your lips and shut them tight or else you may just be kissing fire.

Chad said:
I remember my first kiss when I was 15yrs old. It was with my girlfriend at that time of 9 months. Although I was a young pup "in love" it was very precious (I like romance) and felt like Heaven on earth.

I agree that kissing is very precoius thing. To me, it is honestly like an open doorway to the sex room if you understand. Its step #1 leading to step #2. Its important to draw the line. If you cannot control yourself even in your thoughts while kissing, you better take back your lips and shut them tight or else you may just be kissing fire.
Yeah. That is a good way to put it.